Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Anime Sale.

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#91 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:46 AM

I know I am in the minority, but I prefer the regular FMA. I think brotherhood lacks the emotion and pacing of the regular series (at least the first 10 or so episodes). I would watch the regular series before you watch brotherhood. It is by far one of my favorite series of all time.

Definitely the minority, but I think I know why. Have you finished it? I agree that the original series does a better job of setting up the foundation, but as soon as it starts diverging and going off the manga's path it becomes so ridiculously inferior. If you have only watched a bit of it, then you're missing out on the full experience.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#92 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:57 AM

Definitely the minority, but I think I know why. Have you finished it? I agree that the original series does a better job of setting up the foundation, but as soon as it starts diverging and going off the manga's path it becomes so ridiculously inferior. If you have only watched a bit of it, then you're missing out on the full experience.

I watched up to episode 26, I think. It all blends together since the beginning is a recap of sorts (I now it is the manga storyline).

#93 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:09 AM

Having some trouble deciding which one (or two maybe?) to get. I'm still an anime newbie (only have watched Fate/Stay Night to completion and almost finished with Death Note). I've seen various other anime as well but usually just an episode or two or a movie. Like are any of these a must watch/own?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

fma brotherhood is one of my favorites because of the story and the english voice cast. yuyu hakusho is a great fighting anime, and is one the only ones i will watch dubbed because the funimation cast is that great.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#94 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:25 AM

Having some trouble deciding which one (or two maybe?) to get. I'm still an anime newbie (only have watched Fate/Stay Night to completion and almost finished with Death Note). I've seen various other anime as well but usually just an episode or two or a movie. Like are any of these a must watch/own?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Eden of the East, Samurai Champloo, and Fullmetal Alchemist (the original series and Brotherhood) are all must-owns. That said, I wouldn't watch Brotherhood without seeing the original first, since the first series handles some of the early material *so* much better than Brotherhood.
Posted Image

#95 Antic

Antic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:39 AM

I swear, I only buy anime around November and December. It's cheap, I buy a ton of it, and it easily gives me enough to watch until the next year.

#96 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:44 AM

picked up dragon box's 5 and 6. Passed on seven since it was $10 more than those two.
PSN: Archangel-254

Xbox: SunGod254

#97 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:51 AM

Eden of the East, Samurai Champloo, and Fullmetal Alchemist (the original series and Brotherhood) are all must-owns. That said, I wouldn't watch Brotherhood without seeing the original first, since the first series handles some of the early material *so* much better than Brotherhood.

I never liked Samurai Champloo... maybe because I went in expecting a lot more from the Cowboy Bebop people. Sucks too, because I've been told more than once that I look exactly like Jin. Would be so easy to cosplay.

elessar123.png

#98 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:01 AM

I enjoyed the crap out of Champloo. I really like those different type series. It doesn't hold a candle to Bebop, but it's also reallllly different.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

#99 NotoriousCPD

NotoriousCPD

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:28 AM

Picked up Claymore and Basilisk....got my eyes trained real hard on Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood....just wish it wasn't in 5 parts....

3679706696.png

#100 ManCowBear

ManCowBear

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:39 AM

Just picked up Welcome to the NHK and Samurai Champloo. To bad they didn't have Baccano! I have been trying to get that one for awhile now but the cheapest I saw it was $69.99

#101 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:49 AM

Why isn't Spice and Wolf season 2 in a Blu Ray case? That's kind of annoying...

Might pick up Samurai Champloo to own, I'd also love to have YYH if I didn't already own the DVDs... oh well.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#102 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:01 AM

Why isn't Spice and Wolf season 2 in a Blu Ray case? That's kind of annoying...

Might pick up Samurai Champloo to own, I'd also love to have YYH if I didn't already own the DVDs... oh well.

It's cause Season 2 includes DVDs within the same case as the Blu-ray discs. At the time, Season 1 wasn't out on Blu-ray yet. It only came out a little after, so it was mainly made for those who had already bought the first on DVD.

As for YYH, the video quality's vastly improved over the DVD version. They used the Japanese Blu-ray remasters.

#103 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:30 AM

Thanks for the help everyone! Think I'm going to pick up Samurai Champloo. I would get FMA but since the original isn't on sale I'll hold off on it for now. Thanks again!

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#104 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:36 AM

I didn't know Samurai Champloo was on Netflix streaming, I'm gonna pass on buying the blus for now because of that.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
P0B2hzf.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#105 NotoriousCPD

NotoriousCPD

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:31 PM

I didn't know Samurai Champloo was on Netflix streaming, I'm gonna pass on buying the blus for now because of that.

I'm overloaded with Netflix anime at the moment in my instant queue:

Claymore
Basilisk
Eden of the East
Samurai 7
FLCL
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Last Exile
The Place Promised in Our Early Days
Trigun
Gungrave
Heroic Age

And a whole bunch I haven't even bothered to add since I have such a huge back log....it's ridiculous....

3679706696.png

#106 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

thank god i saw this, just picked up the 5th and 6th dragon box...just gotta wait on a deal for 4 and 7 now.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#107 beefytwinkie

beefytwinkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:11 PM

Great deals. I grabbed Witchblade, Burst Angel, and Basilisk (for now).

I've heard mixed things about Claymore's video quality: that it iss really lacking and not worth the upgrade. Anyone have any thoughts on that? I'll consider getting that as well as Gungrave and maybe Chobits. I've also read a lot of great things about Eden of the East.

This holiday season has been really rough on my wallet so far!

#108 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

Think I will go ahead and get the Dragon Ball box sets..and then go from there.

#109 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

Can anyone recommend me a series based on my tastes?

I really enjoyed FMA:B, Death Note, Fist of the North Star, Rurouni Kenshin, and Yuyu Hakusho.

I know it seems all over the place.. But if you could make any kind of recommendation I'd really appreciate it!

#110 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

Chobit's Blu-ray video quality is bad.

It's so blurry... ugh.

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#111 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

Can anyone recommend me a series based on my tastes?

I really enjoyed FMA:B, Death Note, Fist of the North Star, Rurouni Kenshin, and Yuyu Hakusho.

I know it seems all over the place.. But if you could make any kind of recommendation I'd really appreciate it!

Witch Hunter Robin.

#112 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:16 PM

Cowboy Bebop The Movie on Bluray is $10.99

http://www.amazon.co...22597750&sr=8-2

I picked up a copy.

#113 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

Thanks for posting this. I've been wanting the complete set of Kanon for awhile and can't beat getting it for $10.49 new.

#114 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

I found Robin extremely boring, and couldn't even finish it. I'd suggest watching an episode or two first.

#115 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

I found Robin extremely boring, and couldn't even finish it. I'd suggest watching an episode or two first.

Of course a brotherhood fan would have a problem with WHR. :D He sat through Death Note, so I figured he is patient.

#116 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:22 AM

Of course a brotherhood fan would have a problem with WHR. :D He sat through Death Note, so I figured he is patient.

I'm pretty patient with anime. Unfortunately, this isn't on sale... :cry:

Between Champloo and Samurai 7, what do you guys recommend? Those seem to be the only ones that seem interesting to me and on sale right now.

#117 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:26 AM

Can't really go wrong with either of those, get both :D

If I did have to suggest one based on your tastes (which are like mine) I'd say go with Champloo

#118 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:38 AM

Can't really go wrong with either of those, get both :D

If I did have to suggest one based on your tastes (which are like mine) I'd say go with Champloo

I just might have to..
I noticed a lot of anime has been added to Netflix Instant...

Are these English dubbed? Or have they finally wised up and included Japanese Audio with English subs?

#119 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:44 AM

I'm pretty patient with anime. Unfortunately, this isn't on sale... :cry:

Between Champloo and Samurai 7, what do you guys recommend? Those seem to be the only ones that seem interesting to me and on sale right now.

Champloo is a steal at that price. Well worth the money, one of my personal favorites.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#120 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:07 AM

Champloo is a steal at that price. Well worth the money, one of my personal favorites.

Curse you CAG! I'm spending money left and right the past few days...

But then once I start watching I'll be thanking ya'll. :D