Amazon Anime Sale.

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#211 TKtheknight

TKtheknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:08 AM

Well I watched Monte Cristo that I got from the sale. I must say it might be the best most beautiful anime ever. Wow I wasn't expecting it to be a masterpiece like that, I expected it to be good, but that was phenominal. Wow.

I agree. It was very unique and great anime adaptation. Another anime adaptation based on a book that I watched a while back is Romeo x Juliet. I thought it was good in my opinion and it was an interesting concept. Same story from the book, but a little different. Also animes based on books are fun to watch too.

#212 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:37 AM

I agree. It was very unique and great anime adaptation. Another anime adaptation based on a book that I watched a while back is Romeo x Juliet. I thought it was good in my opinion and it was an interesting concept. Same story from the book, but a little different. Also animes based on books are fun to watch too.

Thanks for the heads up, I haven't seen Romeo x Juliet but now it's on my radar.

Dirty Sprite baby that's that dirty citrus

Flexin on these niggas bally total fitness

I'm in LA at LA fitness

What I'm doin bitch I'm tryna get some bitches

BANG 3 COMING SOON ~~~~ 300 

#213 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:10 AM

Anyone know a place that sells akira region:A bluray at decent price? I am looking and amazon is the only place that has the region:A below $50. I really dont want to by a region b, and I will probably end of getting the rerelease of the dvd comming out if I cant find a decent price on it on bluray.
I

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#214 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:14 AM

Thanks for the heads up, I haven't seen Romeo x Juliet but now it's on my radar.

Gonzo does Romeo and Juliet in a fantasy setting on a floating continent. 'tis very epic and highly watchable.

#215 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:24 AM

Anyone know a place that sells akira region:A bluray at decent price? I am looking and amazon is the only place that has the region:A below $50. I really dont want to by a region b, and I will probably end of getting the rerelease of the dvd comming out if I cant find a decent price on it on bluray.
I

i wish. zavvi has the collectors edition region b blu-ray for like $18 shipped. sucks that blurays aren't all region free.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#216 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:53 AM

i wish. zavvi has the collectors edition region b blu-ray for like $18 shipped. sucks that blurays aren't all region free.

thnaks for the suggestion, I love the look of the steel book, might have to get it at that price since I usually only use my ps3 anyway.

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#217 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:46 AM

Anyone have an opinion on any of the following: Chaos;Head, Princess Resurrection, or Caanan?

I'm in LA at LA fitness

#218 Puppet Master

Puppet Master

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:18 AM

Anyone have an opinion on any of the following: Chaos;Head, Princess Resurrection, or Caanan?

I've only seen Chaos Head [most reviews I saw were bad] and I may be in the minority but I personally enjoyed it overall.

Zoombucks - http://www.zoombucks...f=Puppet-Master
InstaGC - http://www.instagc.com/59976 - Like this one since you can get 2% back from most Amazon purchases

#219 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

I've only seen Chaos Head [most reviews I saw were bad] and I may be in the minority but I personally enjoyed it overall.

Thank you. The only reviews I read were from Amazon which only had 10 of them, and it was about 50/50 in terms of good/bad.

I was thinking about picking the series up. I'll camelcamelcamel it to see the cheapest it goes for.

I'm in LA at LA fitness

#220 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

Ditto what Puppet said about Chaos Head. I enjoyed it. I wouldn't overpay for it though.

#221 XxFuRy2Xx

XxFuRy2Xx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

I thought Canaan was just OK, worth watching on netflix instant streaming, but don't know if it's worth buying unless you find it at a really good price.

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#222 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

I haven't watched Chaos;head, but I picked it up from Rightstuf in the bundle with Gantz and Boccano!, sold the latter two for like $55 before fees. Ended up basically paying about $20 for it.

Don't spend $40-50 on it is my point.

#223 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

I thought Chaos head and Princess Resurrection were okay but I watched princess resurection on netflix and never really needed to watch it again, and Chaos head was kinda the same way except I don't remember as much about it after watching it.

#224 TKtheknight

TKtheknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:01 AM

I recently finished FUNimation's Chaos;Head a while back and I enjoyed it, but the ending felt rushed to me. Overall it was good. I wouldn't pay over $50 for the boxset though. I'm sure it will drop down eventually.

#225 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:44 AM

I recently finished FUNimation's Chaos;Head a while back and I enjoyed it, but the ending felt rushed to me. Overall it was good. I wouldn't pay over $50 for the boxset though. I'm sure it will drop down eventually.

It's actually $30.99 right now. It includes both DVD and Blu Ray versions.

I'm in LA at LA fitness

#226 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

Anybody seen Broken Blade, is it good?

#227 acev

acev

Steindo;Gate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

Chaos;Head is one of those series where the source material really shines in terms of the adaptation. I didn't mind the series, and went ahead and bought it from amazon once I noticed it had gone down to $30.99, but the VN really outshines the adaptation. The last half of the series follows its own story, and doesn't capture the charm the original VN held.

It's an okay series, worth getting the BD/DVD for $30, but not my favorite.

#228 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

got dbz 1.1 bluray for $16. Wanted to see how it looks. Since I only have the first four orange bricks, I might just buy these blu rays when they hit around $15.

Playing:
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#229 TKtheknight

TKtheknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

got dbz 1.1 bluray for $16. Wanted to see how it looks. Since I only have the first four orange bricks, I might just buy these blu rays when they hit around $15.

Let me know how it is. I never bought any DBZ stuff until Kai. I have all the DBZ Kais on Bluray. I thought DBZ 1.1, but wasn't unsure if I should get it or just stick with Kai.

#230 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

Let me know how it is. I never bought any DBZ stuff until Kai. I have all the DBZ Kais on Bluray. I thought DBZ 1.1, but wasn't unsure if I should get it or just stick with Kai.

I like the new orange blurays but I have considered going back for kai just because I like some of the improvements to the series but I still can't quite get used to the changed voices.

#231 Havokscry

Havokscry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:36 PM

Curious if anyone else ordered Redline blu from Amazon and if it had a slipcover.

Edited by Havokscry, 23 January 2012 - 11:07 PM.

#232 exagenous

exagenous

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

Mine did not come with a slipcover.

#233 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

Broken Blade was interesting, but not particularly noteworthy. Not sure it's worth buying. Would Netflix it.

#234 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

just got 1.1 and wow! did a comparison of them and the orange bricks and the quality is a lot better. My only qualm is that they only come with 17 episodes. My buy price for these sets will be around $15

Playing:
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#235 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:42 PM

OK, I have a question that technically doesn't have anything to do with an anime sale, but it is Amazon-related and it does concern an anime. :razz:

I recently started watching Bamboo Blade through my local library, and I've basically fallen in love with its charm, focus on kendo, and inoffensiveness. Granted, I'm only six episodes in, but I just can't see it drastically shifting its tone anywhere down the line. Anyway, I feel that it's good enough to warrant purchasing, and so I'd like to get it for a great price at some point.

When I searched for Bamboo Blade on Amazon, I noticed that someone is selling the original complete series (not the S.A.V.E. edition) for $19.99 + $2.98 shipping in the Marketplace. This is slightly more expensive than the S.A.V.E. edition, but I feel that I'd basically be paying extra for the non-S.A.V.E. packaging, so it might be justified.

Should I get the original complete series for this price, or should I wait to acquire the S.A.V.E. edition for $10-$15, since I doubt the original release would drop below $20 given its MSRP?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Speed Run for Vita Platinum]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/20]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#236 Astroranagun

Astroranagun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

broken blade is like an ova with 6 50 mins episode....i read the manga and really more detail than the 6 eps movie....they skip alot of stuff and i really dislike the way the copied the scenes from manga directly to the movie....some able to animated but they just put the whole same page from manga and paste it into movie with sfx....budget issues or director getting lazy.....

#237 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:59 AM

OK, I have a question that technically doesn't have anything to do with an anime sale, but it is Amazon-related and it does concern an anime. :razz:

I recently started watching Bamboo Blade through my local library, and I've basically fallen in love with its charm, focus on kendo, and inoffensiveness. Granted, I'm only six episodes in, but I just can't see it drastically shifting its tone anywhere down the line. Anyway, I feel that it's good enough to warrant purchasing, and so I'd like to get it for a great price at some point.

When I searched for Bamboo Blade on Amazon, I noticed that someone is selling the original complete series (not the S.A.V.E. edition) for $19.99 + $2.98 shipping in the Marketplace. This is slightly more expensive than the S.A.V.E. edition, but I feel that I'd basically be paying extra for the non-S.A.V.E. packaging, so it might be justified.

Should I get the original complete series for this price, or should I wait to acquire the S.A.V.E. edition for $10-$15, since I doubt the original release would drop below $20 given its MSRP?

Going by the following video, it seems there isn't any difference physically outside of the S.A.V.E label so I'd go with the cheaper option. I have the S.A.V.E edition unopened but it's also a single dvd sized case.

YouTube unboxing/review

If you're interested in getting Bamboo Blade and another series for $30, it's part of the B1G1 Free sale over at Funimation. Seems like they're also having a 25% off sale as well but participating in the B1G1 Free offer invalidates the 25% discount.

#238 Afflicted

Afflicted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:23 AM

No opinion on which to purchase... I will say that I have bought some of the older editions for cheap from other sellers on amazon. I did want to point out that the seller you were referring to (shawnek) is Shawne Kleckner so you would be buying from rightstuf.com and yes he does sometimes sell things on amazon for quite a bit cheaper than rightstuf prices but in this instance he's got it priced for 15.99 on rightstuf but is listed as sold out.

#239 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:07 AM

Going by the following video, it seems there isn't any difference physically outside of the S.A.V.E label so I'd go with the cheaper option. I have the S.A.V.E edition unopened but it's also a single dvd sized case.

Yeah, from what I can tell the only version that had a different case were the part 1 & 2 sets. Having the S.A.V.E. edition, it's the same as the complete series set, having part 1 & 2 discs in a single DVD sized case. It even still has the same old trailers that the original complete series had on it.

I've also got a question. I can get the Slayers & Slayers Next funimation sets for about $18 for both. Tried watching a couple episodes funimation has loaded on youtube and thought it was average(even for 90's anime, the animation is bad). But considering I can get 52 episodes for $18, it's a good deal. Should I pass on them or buy them? Also, for anyone that has them, are they like the S.A.V.E. sets(single DVD sized cases) or thinpak(slim cases in a slip case)?

#240 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

I've also got a question. I can get the Slayers & Slayers Next funimation sets for about $18 for both. Tried watching a couple episodes funimation has loaded on youtube and thought it was average(even for 90's anime, the animation is bad). But considering I can get 52 episodes for $18, it's a good deal. Should I pass on them or buy them? Also, for anyone that has them, are they like the S.A.V.E. sets(single DVD sized cases) or thinpak(slim cases in a slip case)?

I'd probably just hold out for the whole Slayers/Next/Try box set to get a little cheaper (it's currently $33.99 on Amazon). The first season is almost a complete slog, but Next has some fun moments (though *lots* of filler), and some great plot episodes near the end, and Try is some relatively solid storytelling throughout. Can't comment on the packaging for the individual seasons.
Posted Image