Heavy Rain: Director's Cut (PS3) - $14.99 @ Gamestop.com [OVER]

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#181 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:22 AM

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Factory sealed (folded edges), red box. Will replace the red case.

#182 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:26 AM

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Factory sealed (folded edges), red box. Will replace the red case.

My 2 copies came in the mail a couple of days ago and they were factory sealed. If they had been re-wrapped I would have taken them right down to my local GS for a refund. Shady suckers.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#183 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:28 AM

My copy was Y sealed but it looks like a reseal with loose edges. Those who got non-factory sealed copies, was it shrink wrapped or Y seal?

#184 ichibo

ichibo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:52 AM

Mine showed up today and was definitely resealed but the disc says directors cut and everything is in perfect condition. Don't understand why they have to unseal new copies in the warehouses.

So it sounds like they did actually swap in a normal copy in my 'New' Directors Cut version. Wonderful..

Now I get to try to get the receipt from the friend who actually paid for the game, and go tell Gamestop they defrauded me. Stay classy Gamestop.

The manual also advertises Uncharted 2, and God of War 3 is 'Coming soon'!

#185 tenike1

tenike1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:34 AM

This thread reminds me of the Hyperdimension Neptunia mess from a few weeks prior. The assholes conned us in to buying the "limited edition" for $60, only to be sending out regular copies and dropping the price $29.99 a few days later. Long story short, I went to my local store to buy a copy since they had some and just wanted to secure the $29.99 price, since it could have gone OOS at any moment. The only copy they had was "new," but gutted. This is how ridiculous this Gamestop is. They require employees to sell a new, I mean, gutted game... with a clear, round sticker around the case. If the pressed in artwork and five billion other stickers weren't enough, they have found a method that ruins the Blu-ray case even more in a sloppy attempt to prevent the customer from returning an opened game. :applause: Bravo, gamestop. The best part of all of this is that I was clearly disgusted and the employees more than likely knew I had no intention of keeping their gutted trash. Thus, began the calling around town. I was surprised to see so many stores that had "new" copies of Hyperdimension Neptunia in stock. Out of about eight stores, all of them did receive copies of Hyperdimension, but here's the shocker, ALL of them were gutted. What the Fuck? I guess their policy is that if they get two or less, then they must be gutted and put on the shelf and sold as new. Wonderful for potentially rare games that slip in to the store new. lulz. I ended up waiting for my order from online to arrive that was sealed. Thankfully a different store allowed me to return the NEW (gutted) version I bought from down the street with the online receipt. So much work for a situation that should have never happened in the first place.

tenike1.png
tenike1.png

#186 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:41 AM

I took the copy of Stranglehold I'd added to get the "free" shipping, but came without an Xbox case, art or instructions to the GS near my work to return it and they asked if I'd just like to have a retail case. I opted to do that, but could've returned it. They didn't give me any hassle; just popped the disc I got into their case and sent me on my way saying that I could still return it if I wanted.

Sorry, Gamestop haters, but I don't have anything to complain about here.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#187 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:40 AM

So I just beat this, and I felt like I didn't like it as much as I should have. Perhaps I should sleep on it.

I got the best ending possible, yet I still was unsatisfied. This whole game reminded me of the movie "Running Scared", yet Running Scared had just that little extra to stick with you.

Anyone else feel this way? Definitely worth the $15, but I feel like I'm going to drag my feet when it comes to finishing the DLC.

#188 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:04 AM

So I just beat this, and I felt like I didn't like it as much as I should have. Perhaps I should sleep on it.

I got the best ending possible, yet I still was unsatisfied. This whole game reminded me of the movie "Running Scared", yet Running Scared had just that little extra to stick with you.

Anyone else feel this way? Definitely worth the $15, but I feel like I'm going to drag my feet when it comes to finishing the DLC.

It's definitely heavier (no pun intended) than most games out there ... and it's not the type of game that you'll be like "oh hey, I feel like kicking back and popping in Heavy Rain" ... but it sort of sticks with you in a weird way. I ended up selling my launch copy but I've picked it up a few more times on sale or clearance because I have this strange urge to experience it again every so often ... so it's the sort of game you might not love initially but that lingers in the back of your mind. Or ... maybe I'm just crazy ;)

#189 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:16 AM

It's definitely heavier (no pun intended) than most games out there ... and it's not the type of game that you'll be like "oh hey, I feel like kicking back and popping in Heavy Rain" ... but it sort of sticks with you in a weird way. I ended up selling my launch copy but I've picked it up a few more times on sale or clearance because I have this strange urge to experience it again every so often ... so it's the sort of game you might not love initially but that lingers in the back of your mind. Or ... maybe I'm just crazy ;)

Yeah, I can see that. I've had that happen before, where two days later I'm thinking about a movie or something then realize I must have liked it more than I thought. Have you tried the DLC? May tackle that tomorrow, or not.

#190 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:47 PM

I can't help but laugh at the title for this thread.

Heavy Rain: Director's cut, 14.99 at Gamestop [OVER].

Copy that, OP. Checking Gamestop now [OVER].

Make sure you don't get a resealed, gutted copy [OVER].

Aww, nuts... the deal is dead. Thanks anyway, OP [OVER].

#191 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:49 PM

Haven't opened my "sealed" copy yet, is there an expiration date on the DLC?

#192 anbu-black-ops

anbu-black-ops

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

It's a nice feedback for those who wants to know if they got a gutted copy or new one. Like in the KZ3 thread. Some people wants to know.

#193 coolflea216

coolflea216

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

Mine came factory sealed in a red case with the Directors Cut disc, a couple of days after I recieved the used game I bought for $5 to get free shipping. Returned the used game the next day, so I'm happy, good deal.
Posted Image

#194 anbu-black-ops

anbu-black-ops

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:39 PM

Mine came factory sealed in a red case with the Directors Cut disc, a couple of days after I recieved the used game I bought for $5 to get free shipping. Returned the used game the next day, so I'm happy, good deal.

So you got your full refund on the used game right? just checking, cause I thought they would subtract shipping from your refund since you no longer qualify for free shipping over $20 promo.

#195 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

Haven't opened my "sealed" copy yet, is there an expiration date on the DLC?

It's all on the disc.

#196 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:51 PM

Yeah, I can see that. I've had that happen before, where two days later I'm thinking about a movie or something then realize I must have liked it more than I thought. Have you tried the DLC? May tackle that tomorrow, or not.

I actually haven't tried the DLC, I was lucky to find a GH copy at Target for $8.98 this week, having sold my original copy sometime ago, but sadly that's the edition that doesn't have the DLC.

I remember reading that the DLC is sort of weak in this game because it's a flashback and really can't have much impact on the story or characters because of that. I recall that it was also very similar to the scene in the game where one of the characters is captured and tied to a table ... same sort of thing. So I would hang on to the game more for the chance to experience some of the other endings, and story paths, etc, but that's just me.

#197 coolflea216

coolflea216

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

So you got your full refund on the used game right? just checking, cause I thought they would subtract shipping from your refund since you no longer qualify for free shipping over $20 promo.

Ya, I got the full refund.
Posted Image

#198 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:37 PM

I also bought a filler item to get to the $20 threshold and returned it last week no problem.

#199 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

I die a little inside whenever I get excited over seeing this thread at the top and then seeing (OVER) at the end...

#200 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:42 AM

I actually haven't tried the DLC, I was lucky to find a GH copy at Target for $8.98 this week, having sold my original copy sometime ago, but sadly that's the edition that doesn't have the DLC.

I remember reading that the DLC is sort of weak in this game because it's a flashback and really can't have much impact on the story or characters because of that. I recall that it was also very similar to the scene in the game where one of the characters is captured and tied to a table ... same sort of thing. So I would hang on to the game more for the chance to experience some of the other endings, and story paths, etc, but that's just me.

Sorry to keep bumping this up but where else am I going to talk about this game?

I played the DLC, and it was solid. It had my heart going for sure, more than the main story ever did. I would have hated to pay for it on its own though.

The "Special Features" were also good, I was up until 5am last night watching them all.

After all, the game as a whole sunk in, and I thoroughly enjoyed it and I realize I want more. As seen by my new avatar pic.

#201 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:14 PM

Ya, I got the full refund.

I also bought a filler item to get to the $20 threshold and returned it last week no problem.

Nice, I'll have to remember this for future reference. Thanks!
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!