• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

How do i buy it?? Or can I not buy it because its not live yet

#62 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

What happens if we use this to preorder something that is released beyond the expiration date? Does it still work? I'm hoping I won't have to do that but just incase nothing else pops up I want be good to know I can at least do that if all else fails.

#63 TwistedOrange

TwistedOrange

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:17 PM

Why doesn't Microsoft stop being stupid and just make it money instead of points. Everything has cash value, not some weird conversion rate...

#64 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:18 PM

How do i buy it?? Or can I not buy it because its not live yet

Goes live 9am PST

#65 flex45

flex45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

Goes live 9am PST

Thanks man

#66 flashburn

flashburn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

I've seen deals for the points cards get at least 10% off or when it's usually on sale for $40 dollars very often, getting it at $50 would be ridiculously lame. 80 points = 1 dollar, is MSRP right? 160 points = 1 dollar sounds way better to me with this deal, for 2 1600 points cards.

Right, so for THIS deal, 2 1600 cards makes more sense. That's pretty obvious (although you'll need filler).

#67 media_wonder

media_wonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

Why doesn't Microsoft stop being stupid and just make it money instead of points. Everything has cash value, not some weird conversion rate...

http://www.360plex.c...s_converter.php
Posted Image

#68 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

http://www.360plex.c...s_converter.php

Really? just divide by 80 lol I don't think a "converter" is necessary.

#69 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:04 PM

Really? just divide by 80 lol I don't think a "converter" is necessary.

Conversions are always dividing by some number though...

#70 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

Conversions are always dividing by some number though...

I guess what I'm getting at is it's not that complicated to need one. I mean MS could have made it easier yes there's no denying that. But I don't think it's that "hard" either. I'm sure there's some reason behind their decision.

#71 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

I work for a bank and yea they can just hold your money. If its a "hold" then you're SOL.

No. They can't. They can 'try' and if a person is weak and backs down, then they 'can'. Otherwise, NO, they CAN'T.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#72 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

People should really put other time zones in the headings so some don't ask 'when' it starts. For us on the east coast, this starts 12 noon/12:00 pm.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#73 wankerjr

wankerjr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

Nice. Gonna have to try for the deal.

#74 wargod

wargod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

So can someone buy Skyrim for $40 + shipping with this deal?

#75 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

What happens if we use this to preorder something that is released beyond the expiration date? Does it still work? I'm hoping I won't have to do that but just incase nothing else pops up I want be good to know I can at least do that if all else fails.

Very good question. I wouldn't ask anyone here. Your best bet is to contact them.

I agree! Those points are about as dumb as that hideous green and white box they had. I guess it's their way of 'trying' to be different. Yeah, blah, I think Nintendo does something like that, too...whatever, lol.

#76 vherub

vherub

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:41 PM

not to derail this, but there are numerous advantages to companies when they create their own currency. It cuts down on their transaction costs (the slice the payment processors like visa take from each purchase), allows them to use the float (they get to use the money before the goods are purchased), eliminates refunds, encourages spending to use odd point totals and while points don't expire, decent amounts will be forgotten about or never used.
The consumer also benefits in that more vendors will sell points (it is easier to purchase points than psn cards), and points are more likely to go on sale, creating a discounted currency.
There are negatives, such as less protection against fraud, having to prefund purchases and not being able to spend an exact amount. Then again, psn is oddly picky about accepting credit card payments, and sony foolishly does not have a website store to purchase psn content.
A system that accepts both points, paypal and credit card payments and can be accessed via console or website would be ideal from a consumer perspective. Like the storefront of steam with the discounted currency option from ms points.

#77 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

not to derail this, but there are numerous advantages to companies when they create their own currency. It cuts down on their transaction costs (the slice the payment processors like visa take from each purchase), allows them to use the float (they get to use the money before the goods are purchased), eliminates refunds, encourages spending to use odd point totals and while points don't expire, decent amounts will be forgotten about or never used.
The consumer also benefits in that more vendors will sell points (it is easier to purchase points than psn cards), and points are more likely to go on sale, creating a discounted currency.
There are negatives, such as less protection against fraud, having to prefund purchases and not being able to spend an exact amount. Then again, psn is oddly picky about accepting credit card payments, and sony foolishly does not have a website store to purchase psn content.
A system that accepts both points, paypal and credit card payments and can be accessed via console or website would be ideal from a consumer perspective. Like the storefront of steam with the discounted currency option from ms points.

+1

#78 cheaphuck

cheaphuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

How can you not see the benefits of points after so many deals to get them for less the value or even FREE has been posted on this very site? Half my XBL collection is from free points. If they used normal cash I doubt my collection would be as big as it is.

#79 wargod

wargod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

So when the deal goes live, you enter your google email at the link below and you should be prompted to click on the deal? I wonder what happens if someone enters their email before the deal goes live. They may have to use another email account?

https://accounts.goo...&skipvpage=true

#80 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

Isnt there a $10 off coupon for new customers? The promotion says what no other promotional credit? I wonder if this would stack

#81 TwistedOrange

TwistedOrange

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:51 PM

Very good question. I wouldn't ask anyone here. Your best bet is to contact them.

I agree! Those points are about as dumb as that hideous green and white box they had. I guess it's their way of 'trying' to be different. Yeah, blah, I think Nintendo does something like that, too...whatever, lol.

I honestly think it has to with Microsoft trying to make people impulse buy, like how everything these days ends in $.99. $99.99 seems a lot less than $100 to most people on paper. 160 points seems like a lot less than 2 dollars to me. It makes me think it's really $1.60, when it is not.

American consumerism, yet again.

#82 pistolpeet1337

pistolpeet1337

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

So can someone buy Skyrim for $40 + shipping with this deal?

Wondering the same thing... guess we'll find out in ~30 min

#83 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

CAGS....Start your engines!!! 30 minutes to go!!!

And, this is from another item>>

"Limit 1 per person and 1 per order; may buy 4 additional as gifts. Not valid for shipping, handling or taxes. Valid at the iriverinc.com e-store only. "

If the Newegg deal is anything like this, you know the hoarders will attack! Be ready!

#84 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

Think ill use this to get MGS: HD for PS3 for 30, no tax and free shipping. Only the 360 version has been discounted...

#85 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

The code is one-time use only:
- if your purchase is >$40 then you just have to pay the amount over $40 (if you buy something for $50, the code will take out $40 so you'll owe $10)
- if your purchase is between $20-$40: you wont have to pay anything out of pocket, but you'll lose the remaining balance since the code is one-time use (if you buy something for $30, the code will take out $30 and the remaining $10 balance will be gone)
- if you place an order for <$20.00 then they'll refund you the difference between $20 and your purchase price (if you buy something for $15 then $20 you paid - $15 purchase = $5 so they'll refund you $5 and you'll lose the promo $20 credit)

Thank you SO MUCH for explaining, I could not comprehend the description on the offer page!!!

El Shaddai is $30, if I get in on this deal I'll get that and find something else!

#86 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

CAGS....Start your engines!!! 30 minutes to go!!!

And, this is from another item>>

"Limit 1 per person and 1 per order; may buy 4 additional as gifts. Not valid for shipping, handling or taxes. Valid at the iriverinc.com e-store only. "

If the Newegg deal is anything like this, you know the hoarders will attack! Be ready!

Oh, they're ready to pounce. There's a Fat Wallet thread full of people LOLing about how they're going to kill the deal.

#87 wolverine81

wolverine81

Mmm Mmm Bitch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:44 PM

Oh, they're ready to pounce. There's a Fat Wallet thread full of people LOLing about how they're going to kill the deal.

Awesome. :roll: Why do people have to be greedy assholes?

#88 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:45 PM

OK where did you find this offer on Newegg becaause I can't find it without your link.
Posted Image

#89 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:49 PM

I know CAG is also a deals site, but those people on those sites are a bunch of dirty scumbags. This is a site for gamers who dont like to waste money but shop smart, but slickdeals and all them are a bunch of grimy cunts who would screw over 100 babies to make 5 bucks on reselling diapers

#90 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

Awesome. :roll: Why do people have to be greedy assholes?

Because people think having stuff is the best part of life. I want one to buy my older bro a better Christmas present.