Amazon 19 Days of Deals + Afternoon Lightning Deals - Today: The Finale

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Don't forget to check back in the afternoon, as Lightning Deals are expected daily.
iconamazon.gif
Amazon 19 Days of Deals

:pc: Amazon Game Downloads offers $1.99 Puzzle Games, including:

Late Breaking Deals - Check this page for more downloadable deals *NOTE: These will change more frequently than other promotions during this time period.*:

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually when they do these amongst the two or so weeks these go on there's at least...

Possibly three (THREE!) good deals that pop up among these. So I'll be watching.

[quote name='209chromatic']hopefully we have better deals than BF/CM.[/QUOTE]

Maybe on CEs but things already saw at Stores/Amazon this week NO WAY

Thanks as always cheapie. Could you by any chance tell amazon to step their game up and make great deals (not just matching) like they used to ? As bestbuy has gotten better amazon has gotten worse. As for this Disney thing isn't this attempt # 1000 to get rid of epic mickey ? Amazon has had it on sale every week and a half it seems lol

Wow I was a Best Buy hater the whole year and then bam I bought like 10 things from them over the past week.

"Step your game up, Amazon!"
-PSP Marcus

[quote name='strait edge follower']Thanks as always cheapie. Could you by any chance tell amazon to step their game up and make great deals (not just matching) like they used to ? As bestbuy has gotten better amazon has gotten worse. As for this Disney thing isn't this attempt # 1000 to get rid of epic mickey ? Amazon has had it on sale every week and a half it seems lol[/QUOTE]
Tell them stop with the Indian CS **** too while you're at it Cheapy

i was really hoping the paintbrush nunchuck & epic mickey charger would've been clearanced out for reasonable prices by now...

[quote name='TheHelix']Wow I was a Best Buy hater the whole year and then bam I bought like 10 things from them over the past week.

"Step your game up, Amazon!"
-PSP Marcus[/QUOTE]

I, too, have been really surprised at how strong BestBuy has been the past month or so...pretty impressive (especially with those D.O.D.'s and the BF/Weekend-after Sales)....

If Amazon doesn't step up their game, I see a major polar shift occurring.

I used to buy from Best Buy all the time...until Amazon began their rise to the top. Everything from their generous bonus credit for pre-orders, to awesome deals kept me away from BB for a long time. Now? It seems like they are slipping towards a downward spiral. Their pre-order bonuses are few and far between. They're no longer leaders in deals, but just lazily play follow-the-leader (sometimes). Their own deals seem to be constant rehashes...I mean, how many times can they have COD: WAW on sale in just one month?

They can still be useful with some things...but as of right now, as far as gaming is concerned, Best Buy is on a path of taking their crown and usurping the throne. IMO...the marketing team of their console video game department needs an overhaul...and by overhaul I mean some pink slips being handed out. This departments appears to require some new and aggressive leadership. Someone like Josh (CAG KMart rep) would be an outstanding step in the right direction for Amazon.

[quote name='smileymcsmiles']if amazon doesn't step up their game, i see a major polar shift occurring.

I used to buy from best buy all the time...until amazon began their rise to the top. Everything from their generous bonus credit for pre-orders, to awesome deals kept me away from bb for a long time. Now? It seems like they are slipping towards a downward spiral. Their pre-order bonuses are few and far between. They're no longer leaders in deals, but just lazily play follow-the-leader (sometimes). Their own deals seem to be constant rehashes...i mean, how many times can they have cod: Waw on sale in just one month?

They can still be useful with some things...but as of right now, as far as gaming is concerned, best buy is on a path of taking their crown and usurping the throne. Imo...the marketing team of their console video game department needs an overhaul...and by overhaul i mean some pink slips being handed out. This departments appears to require some new and aggressive leadership. Someone like josh (cag kmart rep) would be an outstanding step in the right direction for amazon.[/quote]

100% this

Nothing useful to add, just wanted to point out I think Amazon is too busy losing money on the Kindles, and trying to recoup it through digital downloads, too care about losing some money on disc game sales. Which is what I think happens when companies sell games cheap, they lose money on the sale. If Amazon can get enough people locked into buying from them due to Prime memberships then they no longer have to offer stuff at the lowest prices.

I'm an unlucky CAG (repeating that x1000)
they probably listed ALL games by Disney, except for one: Split/Second PS3. it's available for PC as a DL and maybe in disk too, didn't bothered to check that...
I WANT THAT SHAQ-FU-ING GAME FOR $10 raaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrr

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']If Amazon doesn't step up their game, I see a major polar shift occurring.

I used to buy from Best Buy all the time...until Amazon began their rise to the top. Everything from their generous bonus credit for pre-orders, to awesome deals kept me away from BB for a long time. Now? It seems like they are slipping towards a downward spiral. Their pre-order bonuses are few and far between. They're no longer leaders in deals, but just lazily play follow-the-leader (sometimes). Their own deals seem to be constant rehashes...I mean, how many times can they have COD: WAW on sale in just one month?

They can still be useful with some things...but as of right now, as far as gaming is concerned, Best Buy is on a path of taking their crown and usurping the throne. IMO...the marketing team of their console video game department needs an overhaul...and by overhaul I mean some pink slips being handed out. This departments appears to require some new and aggressive leadership. Someone like Josh (CAG KMart rep) would be an outstanding step in the right direction for Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Penny...you speaketh da' truth.

[quote name='zennacko']I'm an unlucky CAG (repeating that x1000)
they probably listed ALL games by Disney, except for one: Split/Second PS3. it's available for PC as a DL and maybe in disk too, didn't bothered to check that...
I WANT THAT SHAQ-FU-ING GAME FOR $10 raaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrr[/QUOTE]

Think S/S is ten bucks on the PSN. Almost bought it for my daughter.

[quote name='wtsutton']Think S/S is ten bucks on the PSN. Almost bought it for my daughter.[/QUOTE]

I want S/S at $10, too. If given the option - I prefer to have a physical copy.

Mostly just to sniff the fresh instruction manual inside.

Wait, what?

[quote name='ras752000']I would have thought a deal on Disney universe would have been a no brainer on Disney day?[/QUOTE]

+1. Definitely. I did pick it up at BB for $29.99, but it should have been on here.

[quote name='9Tale']Tell them stop with the Indian CS **** too while you're at it Cheapy[/QUOTE]

You want prices to stay low? Then deal with it. Amazon has the best customer service overall. It's nice also not going thru 100 prompts before getting to a human.

[quote name='spideymike']+1. Definitely. I did pick it up at BB for $29.99, but it should have been on here.[/QUOTE]

Should have yes but that would mean A,Avon having to put it on sale without following someone

[quote name='tukai']You want prices to stay low? Then deal with it. Amazon has the best customer service overall. It's nice also not going thru 100 prompts before getting to a human.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I always get a response within 30 minutes of sending an email.

Pretty fast considering how large of a company Amazon is.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']If Amazon doesn't step up their game, I see a major polar shift occurring.

They can still be useful with some things...but as of right now, as far as gaming is concerned, Best Buy is on a path of taking their crown and usurping the throne. IMO...the marketing team of their console video game department needs an overhaul...and by overhaul I mean some pink slips being handed out. This departments appears to require some new and aggressive leadership. Someone like Josh (CAG KMart rep) would be an outstanding step in the right direction for Amazon.[/QUOTE]

A shift to higher prices, longer shipping, gas prices, and sales tax?

Best Buy didn't do anything special this holiday season and K Mart?
Their rep is trying hard but it's also a store on the out that has most of it's locations in conditions so deplorable that you can't get whatever's on sale.

Amazon is still the best place to go for prices, the old argument used to be "bu bu but we have to be in front of the computer all day for a deal" and now with everyone and their dog having a smart phone that's no longer an issue.

Best Buy needs to lower their prices to cover tax, offer real customer service, and offer free 2 day shipping and then we may see a shift All we have now is people saying Best Buy is good because they fail to see everything connected with those "deals"

K-Mart, you actually brought up K-Mart as a good thing, wow

[quote name='ras752000']I would have thought a deal on Disney universe would have been a no brainer on Disney day?[/QUOTE]

Or Disneyland Adventures for Kinect.

Now that we've gotten through the bitching and moaning, how about some input for some of us who have kids to buy for?

For example, how are the Phineas and Ferb games for a 5 year old? My son is getting a DS for Christmas and I'm looking for appropriate games for him.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Now that we've gotten through the bitching and moaning, how about some input for some of us who have kids to buy for?

For example, how are the Phineas and Ferb games for a 5 year old? My son is getting a DS for Christmas and I'm looking for appropriate games for him.[/QUOTE]

Hey your kid would love it imo ! what kid doesn't like that show ? The game is probibly simple but he's 5 so it would be perfect for your little one :)

Wow Amazon seems to have dropped the ball. I guess they've gotten greedy sitting at the top of the online businesses.

I was hoping Disney Universe would be on there, as apparently my niece wants it for Christmas. Hopefully the sale flyers next week will have something.

[quote name='Stimes']Great, 19 more days of crappy deals.[/QUOTE]

Strap yourself in for the ride. It's going to be bumpy.

Lol, title should read 19 days of overpriced bargain bin games. Are they taking notes from TRU?

I always find it funny when Cheapy has to promote these Amazon sales because nobody else would post this shit otherwise.:rofl:

no Epic Mickey for $19.99?

Edit: LMAOOOO!!!!! I wrote this comment before I even looked at the deals and lo behold, Epic Mickey for $19.99 is the second game on the list

[quote name='strait edge follower']Hey your kid would love it imo ! what kid doesn't like that show ? The game is probibly simple but he's 5 so it would be perfect for your little one :)[/QUOTE]

Many of the reviews on Amazon say there is a lot of reading in these games and not good for kids under 7. Or over 9. Small audience. I think the problem is kids/parents are expecting this to be some type of fun and easy platform game but they sound more like puzzle solving. Even if they are good games in their own right sometimes expectations ruin the experience.

As much as Best Buy has "been killing it". Most of the big deals seem to have been uniform. For example: Gears of War was the same price everywhere. ACR was $35 everywhere. All the new EA games were $29.99 everywhere. Those deals didn't seem to be up to the retail outlet as much as a decision from the publishers to sell titles even more wholesale than usual for the sake of BF deals.

Amazon still has the customer support and my favorite trade-in program (value). Best Buy's been having nice sale prices like Target's occasional clearance finds but the consistency of price award goes to Amazon.....even though they've kinda been upsetting me w/ their lack of bonus offers on new titles. It seems like a year ago, every game had a $10-$20 bonus offer. These days, very few do.

[quote name='KryllFood']As much as Best Buy has "been killing it". Most of the big deals seem to have been uniform. For example: Gears of War was the same price everywhere. ACR was $35 everywhere. All the new EA games were $29.99 everywhere. Those deals didn't seem to be up to the retail outlet as much as a decision from the publishers to sell titles even more wholesale than usual for the sake of BF deals.

Amazon still has the customer support and my favorite trade-in program (value). Best Buy's been having nice sale prices like Target's occasional clearance finds but the consistency of price award goes to Amazon.....even though they've kinda been upsetting me w/ their lack of bonus offers on new titles. It seems like a year ago, every game had a $10-$20 bonus offer. These days, very few do.[/QUOTE]

vanquish for $5 ,bulletstorm for $8, and Tomb Raider trilogy for $9.50 wasnt uniform

Guess I can save my money on this day. I'm kind of hoping for B2G1 free day on all titles although it will probably be select titles.

[quote name='rjejr']Many of the reviews on Amazon say there is a lot of reading in these games and not good for kids under 7. Or over 9. Small audience. I think the problem is kids/parents are expecting this to be some type of fun and easy platform game but they sound more like puzzle solving. Even if they are good games in their own right sometimes expectations ruin the experience.[/QUOTE]

The reading part is a problem, tho my son does like puzzle games, even if he isn't that good at them. He really likes playing Zack and Wiki on the Wii.

[quote name='TheLongshot']The reading part is a problem, tho my son does like puzzle games, even if he isn't that good at them. He really likes playing Zack and Wiki on the Wii.[/QUOTE]

I think its great to play puzzle ganesh with your kids as you can both play together and it teaches your son/daughter problem solving skills

I'm hoping we get Dark Souls again during one of these deals. Even if it's just a repeat at $35. I think I'll buy it this time if so.

bread's done
Back