*LIVE* 2011/11/29 Amazon Free App of the Day: Serious Sam Kamikaze Attack! (android)

Gonna stay away from this one. The following permission is required:

"Get information about the currently or recently running tasks: a thumbnail representation of the tasks, what activities are running in it, etc."

There is no need for a game to require that type on information.

[quote name='no_exit']Gonna stay away from this one. The following permission is required:

"Get information about the currently or recently running tasks: a thumbnail representation of the tasks, what activities are running in it, etc."

There is no need for a game to require that type on information.[/QUOTE]

Some developers are not as keen on reading documentation and use strange ways of getting information like if music is playing, if you're getting an incoming call etc. That's probably all it is.

figures I bought this for $1.00 the day it launched..oh well, guess I supported the developers for the 10 hours of work they did..

[quote name='no_exit']Gonna stay away from this one. The following permission is required:

There is no need for a game to require that type on information.[/QUOTE]

Yup took a look at that this morning and decided against that BS. Sometimes free is bad. :applause:

Not every Android app that has strange permissions is spyware. I bought this game a few days ago and am very happy with it (I love Serious Sam games, obviously from my avatar). Here is a quote from an Amazon review about the permissions issue:

The developer has posted this on their twitter page:

"@devolverdigital:

SS: Kamikaze Attack is being updated on the Amazon App Store. There was a remnant permission from testing that is unused & will be removed."

there's no need to be so paranoid about people wanting to steal your data. Stop unfairly rating this app as one star.

People should stop being so paranoid about permissions on Android apps; the vast majority of them are not there for a malicious intent.

In the words of the Kamikaze AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Downloading now.

What I love about most Amazon reviewers that review these apps is that they are so concerned about privacy and permissions, yet use their full name and sometimes locations when reviewing. The mind boggles sometimes.

[quote name='HaloGX']What I love about most Amazon reviewers that review these apps is that they are so concerned about privacy and permissions, yet use their full name and sometimes locations when reviewing. The mind boggles sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Not really the same. No one cares what is posted in a product review and that a name/location is associated with it. Everyone should care that this game can take a screenshot of any app running on your phone (email, pictures, banking apps, etc.).

Thx OP, I'll check it out. That reminds me, didn't they have some Puss n Boots game yesterday? I totally forgot about it :(

They did not do the Puss in Boots game, I emailed the PR firm who emailed us the press release and they said it was on hold. There is no date set for a release.

[quote name='fritolay59']Not really the same. No one cares what is posted in a product review and that a name/location is associated with it. Everyone should care that this game can take a screenshot of any app running on your phone (email, pictures, banking apps, etc.).[/QUOTE]

Sometimes a name and a location is enough. Regardless, have you ever noticed the difference between Amazon App Store reviews and Android Market/App Brain reviews? Reviews like that only happen on Amazon. More notably, they only happen on the App of the Day apps.

bread's done
Back