Wii U General Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
6647 replies to this topic

#3061 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

Strell. STRELL. I'm with you. I'm here, buddy, calm down.

EARETHGBVCJKHFBVEIRUBVOIEUVGOIBFVOIUGVLSJKHBCVIRYGVOUIRFBKRBOUNDJHDGCVIU VIU

AGAHAGHAGAHA

FUZZY PICKLES

SHIT

#3062 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

Funny, but I'll bet this old game is actually a system seller for Nintendo.

#3063 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Funny, but I'll bet this old game is actually a system seller for Nintendo.

Just sold a Wii U to everyone at Starment.net that did not already own one. though, I dont really know just how many people that means.

#3064 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

But, it's the Wii U so let's be realistic. If there is a release date, add six months to it.

Sorry to be the Baby Ruth in the pool...

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#3065 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

Yes, it is a system seller, if by that you mean 50-100 WIIUs sold on the basis of EB. I'm really glad EB is finally getting a re-release, as it's a criminally under appreciated title that needs to be played by any and everyone. However, it ain't moving WIIU the way it needs to be moved.

Same goes for the Wind Waker HD thing. It's cool that they're giving long-time fans stuff to goof with -- or "new to me" content for early WIIU adopters -- but release some original titles already.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3066 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

It has me *very* intrigued, but thanks to the Vita, I'm now skittish of new hardware. Since the Vita is "rereleased console shit you didn't ask for and PSOne games, but portable!" to me, I'm wary of picking up a Wii U and have it become my "2013 Earthbound machine." I'd buy other games, sure. But I already have Wind Waker on disc still (duh, who would sell that?).

I'm far more interested in a Wii now, but apprehension remains. Might just wait for the price of the console to drop, the internal storage to bump up, for Earthbound to be released, or some combo of the three. Not going to run out the door and pick one up now.

Sounds like Nintendo hit a home run in their presser this morning. Oracle on eShop? Fuck. Yes.
Posted Image

#3067 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

At this point, everyone just needs to accept that any original games wont hit till the holiday season.

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#3068 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Pikmin 3 releases on August 4th. Still waiting on that Wonderful 101 release date.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#3069 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

I wish Earthbound was coming out on the 3DS eshop too. Seems odd to leave out the 3DS.

#3070 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

It seems kind of weird that Nintendo will be selling Super Metroid on the Wii U virtual console with the officially launch next week when it's going to be 30 cents next month... So I hope everyone remembers to wait to get it for 30 cents. :lol:
Posted Image

#3071 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

So, really, we just need a "Year of [character]" every year, since it seems to be causing some truly killer things to happen.

So next year should be Year of Samus.

Then Year of Starfox.

Then Year of Captain Falcon.

Then Year of Ganondorf.

Then Year of Birdo.

Then Year of Birdo AGAIN.

Then Year of Yoshi.

Then Year of OH SHIT IT'S BIRDO AGAIN, FOOLS.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#3072 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

I want a Year of Lucas.

And then a Year of Geno. (Don't care, Square.)

And then a REAL Year of Kirby.

#3073 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

I wish Earthbound was coming out on the 3DS eshop too. Seems odd to leave out the 3DS.

Not a single SNES game on the 3DS VC yet, but one would expect that it is coming.

#3074 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

I hope Nintendo's just waiting for E3 to talk about their eShop games for the Wii U because they've ignored that option so far the past few months where it would've been a big help during the drought.

#3075 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

Not a single SNES game on the 3DS VC yet, but one would expect that it is coming.

This is particularly annoying, because the 3DS has the perfect layout for SNES games. Gameboy games are cool and all, but black and white pixels seems like a waste of the tech.

#3076 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

This is particularly annoying, because the 3DS has the perfect layout for SNES games. Gameboy games are cool and all, but black and white pixels seems like a waste of the tech.

Well... The SNES could output at a higher resolution than the 3DS. The emulator may require a bit of work before Nintendo would deem it ready for use.

#3077 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:10 PM

Earthbound inspired hardware incoming!

#3078 io

io

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

Can you gift digital content on the Wii U? I'm gifting the shit out of Earthbound, maybe forever.

So I've never played this and have no idea what the crazy fanboy love for it is all about.

Thus, you should get a Wii U and gift Earthbound to me when it releases ;).

#3079 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

So I've never played this and have no idea what the crazy fanboy love for it is all about.

It's not a fanboy thing. It's just a very well written game, it's engaging, thoughtful, and touching without being saccharine. It's not that the mechanics or graphics are beyond everything else of its day, it's that the writing is so smart and funny.

Also, if you've played enough JRPGs to know the rigmarole, then EB is even better.

If you have every intention of buying it, you should know that it's illegal -- not to mention indecent and horrible of you -- to emulate it on a PC. That's a very bad idea.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3080 io

io

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

I have so much other stuff to play I wouldn't even consider emulating it. That's why I was suggesting Strell gift it to me. Then I'd feel compelled to play it ;).

#3081 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

Hey io, the 30 cent kirby game's up

#3082 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

Thanks moo.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#3083 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

I apologize for being off topic. No one seems to us the WiiU trade thread. Does anyone have Lego City Undercover for trade? I am looking to trade my Scribblenauts Unlimited for it. Thanks!

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:ps3: Batman: Arkham City

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal Our Garbage

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#3084 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

The main thing I remember about Earthbound is that it was incredibly hard. I never beat the final boss.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#3085 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

I apologize for being off topic. No one seems to us the WiiU trade thread. Does anyone have Lego City Undercover for trade? I am looking to trade my Scribblenauts Unlimited for it. Thanks!

Just create a trade thread. Also, no one is going to make that trade.
Posted Image

#3086 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

Just create a trade thread. Also, no one is going to make that trade.

There already is one: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=332442, but unfortunately, not many people use it. While the launch window has been extremely slow, I am trying to just swap a game to keep my WiiU on.

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:ps3: Batman: Arkham City

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal Our Garbage

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#3087 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

http://www.e-neko.com/?p=4203&lang=en

The next game on the eShop will be Kung Fu Rabbit on May 2nd, which is sort of a Super Meat Boy clone that was original released on iOS and Android:

#3088 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

That game looks adorable but I find the title a little bit weird, considering there doesn't appear to be much combat

#3089 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:26 AM

I am a lot more excited than I probably should be for the VC launch later this week. I'm just really enjoying playing the old games on the gamepad.

And even though the launch lineup is small, I'm not going to complain since it includes Super Mario World and I can only play so many games at once.
Posted Image

#3090 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

If they could only get eight games ready for the launch of Wii U Virtual Console, we're in for a rough ride.