Wii U General Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
6639 replies to this topic

#3181 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Who's Afraid of Me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:47 AM

Wasn't sure if this deserved a new thread since it's just heresay, but it seems that Pikmin is coming out in July. This is from The-magicbox "Saturo Iwata said that the Wii U has lost momentum and it didn't sell as good as Nintendo has planned. The reasons are not enough first party games such that customer expectations were not met. He hopes the situation would change with the release of Pikmin 3 in July. There will be more and more major games appear for the Wii u, so that the Wii U business is revived."

His mention of July is in reference to the Japanese release the US release is August 4th!
Please add me to your Ultraviolet/Digital Copy mailing lists, my email is tjw779@yahoo.com

675829.png

#3182 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Question (sorry if this has been asked and/or answered already):

I downloaded the Panorama View trailer to see how it is, because I love to travel and think the idea is pretty cool. I thought the quality was meh though. Are the paid versions of a higher quality? Also, do you have control of the view (pause, fast forward etc) with the paid version?

Thanks!

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:ps3: Batman: Arkham City

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal Our Garbage

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#3183 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Do we have a release date for Earthbound on Wii U VC yet?

#3184 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

I didn't know we had been given a release date
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#3185 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

yeah last nintendo direct had it. also had game n wario date as june twentysomething
3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#3186 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

Do we have a release date for Earthbound on Wii U VC yet?

"By the end of 2013"

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:ps3: Batman: Arkham City

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd You Steal Our Garbage

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#3187 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

"By the end of 2013"

With delays, expect "spring" 2014.

Edited by Blaster man, 27 April 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#3188 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Weird, I watched it, must've missed it
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#3189 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

Downloading the new System Update now. I don't know if they included it but there should be a way to just auto update the system, or at least just auto download it like 3DS does.

Also excited for Earthbound. I will be buying that to support the series. Although I am still waiting on my motherfucking Pilotwings 64.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#3190 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

Downloading the new System Update now. I don't know if they included it but there should be a way to just auto update the system, or at least just auto download it like 3DS does.

Also excited for Earthbound. I will be buying that to support the series. Although I am still waiting on my motherfucking Pilotwings 64.

You should check your settings, my update did auto download.

The system seemingly needs to be on for this to occur, but after a session of Batman AC my system just asked me if I was ready to update.

#3191 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

After the update, it can download/install updates for games and the system when it's off, sorta like the 3DS does.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#3192 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

My Netflix app works now. Hopefully the new update provides no more issues like that one.

#3193 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

lmao Nintendo might have just seen a surge of wii u's sold if that certain "rumor" is true.

#3194 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

lmao Nintendo might have just seen a surge of wii u's sold if that certain "rumor" is true.

Couldn't find anything. Care to share?

#3195 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

Well i guess i should say it would move units for all the wrong reasons, psp style.

#3196 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

Some group is claiming disk drive access. http://wiikey.com/news/

#3197 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

Ugh. That's never good news.

Anyway, figured this was as good a place as any to ask... anyone know what's going on with the release date for Deus Ex? All articles from the beginning of April said May 7th, but nothing has been updated since. Amazon doesn't have a date listed, and GameStop and TRU don't even have a listing for it at all. Is it still coming next week or has it just sort of quietly slipped back and no one has mentioned it?

#3198 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

Never seen so many people excited hoping that would somehow make it region free, what the hell is even out to play besides dragon quest X?

#3199 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Ugh. That's never good news.

Anyway, figured this was as good a place as any to ask... anyone know what's going on with the release date for Deus Ex? All articles from the beginning of April said May 7th, but nothing has been updated since. Amazon doesn't have a date listed, and GameStop and TRU don't even have a listing for it at all. Is it still coming next week or has it just sort of quietly slipped back and no one has mentioned it?

http://nintendoevery...-updates-42913/

It just got the rating now, so expect a delay most likely.

#3200 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

I'm not sure what they would pirate; not much available now, and emulators have worked in wii mode for months.
3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#3201 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

If anything pirating will be a detriment to the Wii U because Nintendo will have to focus some of its efforts on patching it out. Meaning less time for developing games, less resources, etc.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#3202 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

If anything pirating will be a detriment to the Wii U because Nintendo will have to focus some of its efforts on patching it out. Meaning less time for developing games, less resources, etc.

It'll mean less features past the initial feature set, but it won't be a detriment to game development.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#3203 io

io

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

Well, great - the updated "failed" for me on the installation portion (after taking forever to download). I had to turn it off and back on and now it seems to be trying again. Hope they didn't brick my system!

OK, well it worked the second time. Strange that it would fail at all though - makes me nervous. It wasn't a connection issue as I have it on wired Ethernet.

So Super Mario World is showing as on sale for $1.50. Is that because I might have had it on the Wii? I don't even remember if I had that or not but for whatever reason I thought the "upgrade" promo wasn't starting till much later so I was surprised to see that. Or is it just a random sale?

Edited by io, 30 April 2013 - 11:42 PM.

#3204 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

^Yes- 1.50 is the upgrade price.
Spoiler

#3205 io

io

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

^Yes- 1.50 is the upgrade price.

So... Doesn't this point to some sort of account-linked storage of previous purchases? I thought Nintendo didn't do that. Or is it somehow looking on the Wii portion of my Wii U and seeing it there? I had thought they were separate and inaccessible from each other. In any case, now matter how they are doing it, I'm somewhat surprised it actually works ;).

#3206 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

It's only shows up for people that have transferred their Wii stuff to their Wii U.

#3207 io

io

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

It's only shows up for people that have transferred their Wii stuff to their Wii U.

Right, but the question is, if I buy something on the Wii (that is part of my Wii U now) will that be available for upgrade, or is it only the stuff you had at the time you did the Wii -> Wii U transfer? I have 1000 points sitting on my old Wii Shop account and several points cards in a drawer somewhere. I'd like to buy other Wii VC stuff and then upgrade it if/when it becomes available.

#3208 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:32 AM

It should work just fine. I believe the only thing you won't get is Club Nintendo points for things bought on the Wii Shop.

#3209 io

io

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:37 AM

It should work just fine. I believe the only thing you won't get is Club Nintendo points for things bought on the Wii Shop.

I'm not convinced but it will take some more (upgradeable) content in the Wii U VC shop for me to be able to test it out. The only thing I'd even remotely want on there is SMW and that was, apparently, part of my old Wii VC purchases (though I don't think I ever played it ;)).

#3210 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

I'm not convinced but it will take some more (upgradeable) content in the Wii U VC shop for me to be able to test it out. The only thing I'd even remotely want on there is SMW and that was, apparently, part of my old Wii VC purchases (though I don't think I ever played it ;)).

If you only have 1000 Wii points left I would get La-Mulana. Finally got around to downloading it last week, and what little I've played so far is very addicting in an old school way.

Plus you don't have to worry about the upgrading. If you already have La-Mulana then get Retro City Rampage (which I may get myself soon).