Wii U General Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
6703 replies to this topic

#4531 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

No deals for Black Friday. It'll stay at full price everywhere until the next price drop.

How do you know that? A gift card seems pretty reasonable for Black Friday.

I need a new signature.

#4532 ColFantastic

ColFantastic

Ranking Officer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

I would hope that something like this might go down. I can wait 3-4 weeks to pick up a Wii U if it means a better deal. I have other games to catch up on so it's not the biggest rush but something I'd like to pick up this holiday season.

ColFantastic's Sell/Trade List

http://www.cheapassg...s-vita-games-w/

#4533 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

#Sarcasm

I would be shocked if Nintendo doesn't push some deals out there so that they can take advantage of the opportunity.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#4534 io

io

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

#Sarcasm

I would be shocked if Nintendo doesn't push some deals out there so that they can take advantage of the opportunity.

You had me there for a moment. I mean, BF deals are usually starting to be revealed around now and I haven't been paying that much attention. I thought maybe you knew something I didn't ;).

But yeah, a $50 gift card deal just totally makes sense. I don't see an actual price drop (even a temporary one on BF) since they just dropped it. But a gift card or another retail game thrown in - sure.

#4535 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

http://www.newegg.co...ID=13njv4icot2e

Luigi's Mansion 2 Wii U pre-order up on Newegg

Is the Kid Icarus Wii U version still true?

#4536 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:10 AM

Yeah, those don't exist...

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#4537 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

http://www.newegg.co...ID=13njv4icot2e

Luigi's Mansion 2 Wii U pre-order up on Newegg

Is the Kid Icarus Wii U version still true?

OMG! Luigi's Mansion on Wii U would SEAL my purchase. Gonna go look that up! Thanks!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#4538 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

My first day off since Wind Waker HD came out = really, really glad I bought a uBoost on clearance.

uc.png

#4539 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

Generally, the console manufacturers don't have their own sales or specials for Black Friday. The price reduction that we've already seen from Nintendo this year is the only one we're going to see.

That said, there will almost certainly be deals for the Wii U on black Friday. They are just going to be coming from the retail and online stores, not from the manufacturer. Gift cards, or even straight-up sale prices are entirely possible. (and even likely) This close to November, I can't honestly say that prospective buyers shouldn't wait to see what will be available.

#4540 jdelrio22

jdelrio22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

God if Luigi's Mansion for the Wii happens...

#4541 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

Generally, the console manufacturers don't have their own sales or specials for Black Friday. The price reduction that we've already seen from Nintendo this year is the only one we're going to see.

That said, there will almost certainly be deals for the Wii U on black Friday. They are just going to be coming from the retail and online stores, not from the manufacturer. Gift cards, or even straight-up sale prices are entirely possible. (and even likely) This close to November, I can't honestly say that prospective buyers shouldn't wait to see what will be available.

For the past few years, Sony has made special bundles of their consoles for Black Friday that are really good deals ($200 for a PS3 with a few games and a big hard drive).

#4542 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

Yes, but those aren't price drops, they're just bundles, and the console manufacturers have been doing that for their systems year-round. Special game bundles happen close to black Friday, but aren't necessarily particular to that event. And Nintendo themselves don't usually participate in that sort of practice. They also already have the Zelda bundle on shelves, and that's going to be one of the Wii U's big bundles for the year.

#4543 io

io

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

So Nintendo customer support finally got back to me today (a week later) about my bad Pikmin 3 game. They said they don't have enough information and I'll have to call them while near my system. What BS - I reported the exact error that comes up when inserting the disc. There is no possible "troubleshooting" that is going to do anything other than waste my time.

Not too impressed with them - at the very least they could have given me that non-answer a little more quickly.

#4544 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

Yes, but those aren't price drops, they're just bundles, and the console manufacturers have been doing that for their systems year-round. Special game bundles happen close to black Friday, but aren't necessarily particular to that event. And Nintendo themselves don't usually participate in that sort of practice. They also already have the Zelda bundle on shelves, and that's going to be one of the Wii U's big bundles for the year.

http://blog.us.plays...s3-and-ps-vita/

They are Black Friday-specific since they're released for that weekend with a limited supply to last for a short time. I would call them sales since they're much cheaper than the MSRP for just the system with quite a bit more included than you'd normally get.

#4545 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

The Black Friday deal I've heard going around is a Wii U with NSMBU+NSLU bundled in.  Possibly in an additional color.  It still doesn't hold a candle to Japan's NSMBU/NSLU/Wii Fit U/Wii U Karaoke all-in-one bundles though.

IO, that really sucks about Nintendo's customer service giving you shit.  I'd give them an earful if/when you call back.  Plus, the game should still be under their 90-day warranty that comes with every game.

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#4546 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:40 AM

Amazon UK and Amazon Germany has the official high-compasity Wii U Gamepad battery up for pre-order. It's 25 pounds.

http://www.joystiq.c...the-uk-germany/

Hopefully that means the United States isn't that far behind. 

Posted Image

#4547 ColFantastic

ColFantastic

Ranking Officer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

So I just saw these bundles coming to Europe in the next month or two. I could be into the Mario/Luigi bundle but I just found NSMBU for $20. I'm also guessing these are digital downloads of both titles. Maybe Nintendo will put something new together for North America.

http://www.gameguru....-wii-u-bundles/

#4548 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

http://blog.us.plays...s3-and-ps-vita/

They are Black Friday-specific since they're released for that weekend with a limited supply to last for a short time.

I stand corrected. Sony at least has engaged in such black Friday-specific bundles. And with the recent European bundle announcements, it's entirely possible that Nintendo may have something similar prepared for black Friday in the U.S. It makes a certain degree of sense. The game-less white Wii U bundle sold a lot less than the Mario pack-in bundle. And bundling software with the system is a lot cheaper for Nintendo.

#4549 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:55 AM

Seriously, these third-parties have just wanted the Wii U to fail from the start, Fuck you:

Fri, Oct 11, 2013 | 03:00 BST

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director’s Cut more expensive on Wii U in the US – report

Possibly because it’s the first time the game has released on the console, as opposed to a re-release, the Wii U version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution seems to be more expensive than the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions in North America.

20131011_deus_ex_human_revolution_direct

The news doesn’t come from Square Enix, but Nintendo Everything checked a number of US retailers and found the Wii U version going for about $50, while the other console versions were priced at around $30.

Meanwhile, Destructoid found that UK retailers priced all versions fairly similarly, with the Wii U version a little cheaper.

All three console versions have second-screen features (via SmartGlass and Vita for Xbox 360 and PS3) so there’s little difference between them.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director’s Cut arrives on Mac, PC, PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360 before the end of the month. You can check out what’s new in the Director’s Cut in this handy trailer.

Thanks, CyberMarco.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

#4550 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

Wii U hardware sales see 685% rise in the UK thanks to Zelda: Wind Waker HD

October 11th, 2013 Posted in News, Wii U | 1 Comment

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD has contributed to a large Wii U sales increase in the UK. Last week, sales of the system rose by 685 percent, Nintendo says.

Nintendo UK head of consumer marketing James Honeywell told MCV:

“We have long believed that software sells hardware and it’s great to see that reaffirmed this week with an uplift of Wii U hardware sales to coincide with the launch of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD.”

Nintendo did not dish out any specifics on the console’s sales, but that percentage is nonetheless encouraging.

Source

#4551 Action!

Action!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

I'll still be going Wii U for DE:HR. Been looking forward to it for a while now.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#4552 ColFantastic

ColFantastic

Ranking Officer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Has anyone had any experience with a wireless Wii U sensor bar? Any suggestions on brands?

Also, I read somewhere that the hard clear case for the gamepad makes it so you can't charge it in the cradle.Is that correct?

#4553 ColFantastic

ColFantastic

Ranking Officer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

So.....I made the leap! I had a couple hundred bucks worth of BBY gift cards from gifts/trade ins and got the manager at BBY to match this bundle from Walmart.

http://www.walmart.c...-Value/21803986

The manager didn't even check which game I had brought him to the Walmart list. If I would have known that, I would have gotten a game not on the list, maybe Wonderful 101, Pikmin, or Splinter Cell. Oh well, can't complain with the deal I got. Even got an actual Wiimote and not the off brand that Walmart was offering. Was very pleased with my purchase.

#4554 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

Whats the thoughts on Gamecube games ever being brought to the Virtual Console.

#4555 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

They're not even getting out previous Wii Virtual Console games at a decent rate, so I don't see them adding more complex games anytime soon. N64 isn't even supported yet, right? They're kind of just fucking around with NES and SNES games for the time being while they should be trying to build that library up quickly.

#4556 ColFantastic

ColFantastic

Ranking Officer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

I can't thing of any N64 games on VC and doubt they'd start pushing out GC games anytime soon. I don't see why they don't publish more of either catalogs. That's an easy way to get people to get into the digital marketplace and more Wii U consoles would be sold if people can play their favorite games from their youths. Nostalgia is a crazy strong emotion.

#4557 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

I think Nintendo will go the HD remake route before the virtual console route for Gamecube games.

Nobody's going to go out of their way to buy a Wii U for non-Nintendo Gamecube virtual console games and re-releasing bigger first party titles like Sunshine, Twilight Princess, or Metroid Prime will gain more attention and sales by going the HD retail disk route. 

If anything we might see some third party games that have already been released on the 360 and PS3 (RE4, Sonic Adventure games, etc).

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#4558 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

NoA has been notoriously slow on this kind of stuff. NoJ, however, has tons of games on the Wii VC.

#4559 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

I stand corrected. Sony at least has engaged in such black Friday-specific bundles. And with the recent European bundle announcements, it's entirely possible that Nintendo may have something similar prepared for black Friday in the U.S. It makes a certain degree of sense. The game-less white Wii U bundle sold a lot less than the Mario pack-in bundle. And bundling software with the system is a lot cheaper for Nintendo.

All the manufacturers did it and the prices were the same at all stores for these bundles.  That's not to say some random store couldn't sweeten the pot if they wanted to.  Usually regular sale prices are special promo's for individual games involve the stores splitting the cost cutting with the game's publisher.

You guys seen this?  Anyone that bought the Wind Waker bundle is probably pretty annoyed right now.  Free game and $10 less than you paid.

http://www.bestbuy.c...999212600050000

#4560 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

That's basically save $20 off of scribblenauts. The wind waker bundle was $299.99 not $349.99

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png