Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Wii U General Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
6703 replies to this topic

#931 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

But if Rayman is a launch title, I might just go for that and "do my part" again by buying a 3rd party game at full price - something I rarely do for any system at any time ;). But yeah, I do feel like supporting Ubisoft since they are really putting themselves out to support this new system.

Rayman (Legends) should be awesome.

Truth, though, is that there's a decent chance I'll have to cancel my WiiU preorder. :( I'm not really sure we should be spending that much money this year. :(

Crunchewy.png

#932 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:40 AM

Rayman Legends, Assassin's Creed 3 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate are definite 3rd party buys for me. I MIGHT get TTT2 if my Wii Fight Stick works with it and NG3 if it's a lot less terrible. I might also get ZombiU if it turns out okay.

Again, it's pretty stupid how many good games are at launch. I just keep rattling them off as I go.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#933 io

io

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:51 AM

Maybe I'll finally take the plunge with Monster Hunter as well. I own the Wii version but have never played it. I might try to sell that off and get the new one. That isn't a launch title here in the U.S., though, is it?

#934 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:09 AM

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate comes out in March on Wii U and 3DS. So it's in the Launch Window.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#935 renique46

renique46

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:27 AM

Hopefully MHU wont be a full price release (knowing Capcom it wont sigh) since even though its got new content its base game is still 3 years old, for once Capcom do the right thing please. Hell while they're at it hopefully they can port Mh4 as well to utilize the cross play feature.

#936 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:36 AM

I really want Nintendo to have great 3rd party support. I plan on making it my only console next generation if possible (with help from PC). If GTA V comes to Wii-U (still just a rumor) I'm getting it. If Final Fantasy XIII-19 comes to the Wii-U, I'm getting it. It is clear that Ubisoft is supporting the Wii-U and EA is showing some support. Hopefully Capcom does alot more than just Monster Hunter (which will be big). Square-Enix is giving us Dragon Quest X but more support would be great (especially if they bring back old franchises). Atlus could make some great games for the Wii-U as well. There is alot of potential support for the Wii-U and I'm going to do my part to help.

One aspect that seems to go under the radar is WiiWare support (or whatever they plan on calling it). I remember developers saying that they wanted to bring Marvel vs Capcom 2 to Wii Ware but they couldn't because of the Wii's capabilities (mostly HDD space if I remember). Now I want to see how the online store competes with PSN and Xbox Live marketplace.

I need a new signature.

#937 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:58 AM

First party wise, I think I'm definitely getting Super Mario Wii U and I want Pikmin 3. I'm also very interested in the Wonderful 101.

Third party wise, I'm definitely getting Rayman Legends and Assassin's Creed III. I'm interested in getting Black Ops II, Ninja Gaiden 3, Scribblenauts Unlimited and Mass Effect 3, but I'll probably wait for a sale on most of them. I'm also thinking about double dipping on Batman Arkham City to see what it's like to have the Bat Computer on the GamePad.

...I also really want Transformers Prime to be good, but I have my doubts.
Posted Image

#938 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:10 AM

Are you guys preordering all your games you plan on picking up on launch day? I just remember when the Wii launched it was impossible to find the system, but it seemed like every place was well stocked with Wii games.
Posted Image

#939 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:24 AM

I probably will but I only plan on pre-ordering a couple-Super Mario Bros U, Epic Mickey 2 & Maybe ZombiU.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#940 Josh5890

Josh5890

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:33 AM

F.Y.I- newegg is having another $12 off pre-orders right now. Use (BTENAJC36). Right now it is only good for 3rd party Wii-U games (no Mario or Pikmin :( ) I pre-ordered AC III for $48 shipped, Batman for $48 shipped, and Rayman Legend for $38 shipped (only $49.99 on newegg.

Knowing my luck I'm going to get screwed on my system pre-order at Gamestop.

I need a new signature.

#941 io

io

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:26 AM

F.Y.I- newegg is having another $12 off pre-orders right now. Use (BTENAJC36). Right now it is only good for 3rd party Wii-U games (no Mario or Pikmin :( ) I pre-ordered AC III for $48 shipped, Batman for $48 shipped, and Rayman Legend for $38 shipped (only $49.99 on newegg.

Knowing my luck I'm going to get screwed on my system pre-order at Gamestop.

D'oh - wish I had bitten on this earlier. It doesn't seem to work now, but there is a $10 code (EMCNAJB243) in another thread on CAG.

#942 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

The $12 code was YMMV. For whatever reason, it didn't work for everyone and was tied to your e-mail address. The $10 code is part of a general 72 hour sale.
Posted Image

#943 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

Attempting to cancel my $50 Rayman Legends after putting in another with the $10 code. Hopefully they let me cancel. I can't imagine that they wouldn't. Legends for $40?? Awesome!

EDIT: canceled without incident. $40 order placed.

Edited by crunchewy, 18 September 2012 - 01:53 PM.

Crunchewy.png

#944 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

Did Target have in store preorders as well? I went in and saw no displays or signage about it. I asked someone working there but they were pretty clueless about it.

Games, yes. Systems, no.

I pre-ordered a few Wii U games for $1 since you get a $5 Giftcard when you pick them up (plus 5% off if you use your RedCard). No idea how they actually "hold" my copy since they didn't ask for a name...

#945 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

Games, yes. Systems, no.

I pre-ordered a few Wii U games for $1 since you get a $5 Giftcard when you pick them up (plus 5% off if you use your RedCard). No idea how they actually "hold" my copy since they didn't ask for a name...

I did it once with Pokemon Soul Silver. They just keep them behind the counter. You have to bring your receipt/pre-order card thing to get it.
Posted Image

#946 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

I did it once with Pokemon Soul Silver. They just keep them behind the counter. You have to bring your receipt/pre-order card thing to get it.

They just hold 'x' amount for those that pre-ordered? Interesting. Can't really complain since it will be about $8 cheaper thanks to 5% off and a $5 GC.

#947 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

Oh shit. Amazon's selling the 3DS XL. Hopefully Wii U preorders are next.

#948 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

There selling one color of XL. So I don't know what that means. May just be a one off.

Crunchewy.png

#949 Josh5890

Josh5890

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

TGS just got a lot more interesting for prospective Wii-U owners.

http://mynintendonew..._medium=twitter

Xenoblade Chronicles developer Monolith Soft has taken to Twitter to tell fans that they should watch the Tokyo Game Show. We already know that Monolith Soft is working on a brand new project for Wii U, but we’ve yet to hear any new information. It sounds plausible that the development team will use the Tokyo Game Show to debut their new title.

I need a new signature.

#950 io

io

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:06 PM

TGS just got a lot more interesting for prospective Wii-U owners.

http://mynintendonew..._medium=twitter

Hopefully this is something new and not an HD remake of Xenoblade Chronicles. I mean, I loved that game and spent over 150 hours playing it - but don't really want to play it again. It is time to move on ;). But yeah, if it is a new RPG done in the same style I'm all for that.

#951 Scobie

Scobie

CAG City Rocker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

Guh!!! I can't believe I'm actually thinking of pre-ordering BLOPS 2 right now...
Posted Image

#952 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:51 AM

Hopefully this is something new and not an HD remake of Xenoblade Chronicles. I mean, I loved that game and spent over 150 hours playing it - but don't really want to play it again. It is time to move on ;). But yeah, if it is a new RPG done in the same style I'm all for that.

God if it's a sequel I might explode....

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

#953 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:54 AM

Here’s What You’ll Be Able To Play On Wii U Launch Day

09.18.12 Written by Nathan Birch

Posted Image
Last week Nintendo opened up the Wii U floodgates, but while we finally got important info regarding the console’s release date and price, Nintendo of America remained elusive about what games we’d be able to play at launch, only confirming which games would be available during the several-month-long “launch window”.
Well, thankfully that’s changed — Nintendo revised its release list yesterday, revealing that there will be a surprisingly meaty 22 games available on November 18th. Hit the jump to find out what they are…

- Assassin’s Creed 3
- Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
- Darksiders 2
- Epic Mickey 2: The Power Of Two
- ESPN: Sports Connection
- Game Party Champions
- Just Dance 4
- Madden NFL 13
- Marvel Avengers: Battle For Earth
- Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
- NBA 2K13
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- Nintendo Land
- Rabbids Land
- Rayman Legends
- Scribblenauts Unlimited
- Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- Transformers Prime
- Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
- ZombiU
Not bad — I think almost everyone should be able to find at least a couple games that interest them on that list. Although I do think Nintendo has made a major mistake

Read more: http://www.uproxx.co.../#ixzz26sefIKTJ

#954 Josh5890

Josh5890

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:16 AM

- Assassin’s Creed 3 (Day 1, even though I played the rest of the series on my PS3)
- Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition (Might wait for a price cut due to other games I'm getting)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (If I get it, it will be for PC, pass)
- Darksiders 2 (maybe down the road)
- Epic Mickey 2: The Power Of Two (Eventually, after I play the first game)
- ESPN: Sports Connection (Pass)
- Game Party Champions (Pass)
- Just Dance 4(Pass)
- Madden NFL 13 (Probably will pick up next year's version)
- Marvel Avengers: Battle For Earth (Doubtful, unless a really good deal comes)
- Mass Effect 3: Special Edition (Already have it on PC, pass)
- NBA 2K13 (Will pick up a future version)
- New Super Mario Bros. U (Day 1, it's Mario)
- Nintendo Land (w/ deluxe)
- Rabbids Land (Maybe when a deal comes)
- Rayman Legends (Day 1, I crapped in my pants when I saw this during E3)
- Scribblenauts Unlimited (Never played a Scribblenauts game so I'll wait to play a DS version, pass)
- Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (Day 1, will hold me over until Mario Kart comes out)
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Not a big fighter fan so I will pass)
- Transformers Prime (Pass)
- Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 (Pass)
- ZombiU (Highly doubtful, not a zombie person at all)

So that makes...

Day 1- 5 games
Eventually, maybe- 4
Doubtful- 1
Pass- 10
Sports (Will get a later version)- 2

I'm really excited to get my hands on this game.

I need a new signature.

#955 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:22 AM

Honestly skip the first Epic Mickey, it's decidely not epic. Thankfully they seem to have fixed all the problems with the original in the sequel.

#956 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:54 AM

Let's see...

- Assassin’s Creed 3 - I'll get this
- Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition - Have it on PS3, no desire to play it again
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - I don't play COD
- Darksiders 2 - Maybe at a price cut, or if I hear it's excellent
- Epic Mickey 2: The Power Of Two - Price cut, but I'll get it
- ESPN: Sports Connection - Nope
- Game Party Champions - Nope
- Just Dance 4 - Nope
- Madden NFL 13 - Nope
- Marvel Avengers: Battle For Earth - Nope
- Mass Effect 3: Special Edition - Nope
- NBA 2K13 - Nope
- New Super Mario Bros. U - I'll get this
- Nintendo Land - Coming in my Deluxe Bundle
- Rabbids Land - Nope
- Rayman Legends - I'll get this
- Scribblenauts Unlimited - I'll wait for a price cut
- Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed - I'll get this
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - I'm still looking into it
- Transformers Prime - Nope
- Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 - Nope
- ZombiU - I'll look into this, but it does sound promising

5 - Definite Buys
5 - Probables/Maybes

That's not a bad list, especially since stuff like Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 aren't Day 1.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#957 io

io

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

I have NSMB U and Pikmin 3 preordered at GS, and just did Rayman Legends at Newegg last night.

So with NintendoLand that is just 3 games at launch and one in the Spring, perhaps? But I feel like that is plenty. I really don't want to overspend since I know I'll be able to get a lot of other stuff I'm interested in cheaper later. The launch titles I'd probably get at $20 or less: Epic Mickey 2, Rabbids Land (my 4 year-old may really like this), Sonic Racing, Scribblenauts, and maybe ZombieU. But really things will change a lot depending on reviews. I could possibly see getting NBA 2K13 for my son as he has played the last 2 for hours - but all on PS3. I have yet to complete AC Brotherhood or even start Revelations so AC III will wait till $15 or so...

There are a lot of other things coming out for other systems at the same time so 3 games at launch is really enough.

I'm hoping Nintendo has some nice (original, not VC) DLC titles in the launch window, too, but I won't count on that.

#958 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

Even though I know it's Ubisoft, and the most likely to be cheap in 6 months, I'm still getting ZombiU at launch. It appears to have the most interesting use of the gamepad and tv so far, and the whole reason I want a new console is to have new experiences, even if they're not 100% polished. Tekken Tag 2 with the mushroom mode looks really fun too.
\\:D/

#959 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

I'm pretty sure when the Wii came out I only got Raving Rabbids and Twilight Princess, that plus Wii Sports kept my busy for several months anyways. Aside from Nintendoland getting NSMBU and 1-2 other games, I'm thinking I'll pass on Legends until I get bored with NSMBU because they have very similar gameplay. I might want to hold off on picking what til I actually see reviews...

#960 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

I was really hoping Pikmin 3 would be a launch day title.