Wii U General Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
6693 replies to this topic

#2041 beatngurnuts

beatngurnuts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

Getting my wii u shipped back to from nintendo, it was out for repairs. They didn't say what the problem was, but it had the repair cost and it was $175. Though I didn't have to pay anything because its has one year warranty. I would still have like to know what the problem really was. So basically two weeks ago my wii u stopped turning on, it was suggested that I reset the power supply and it work, then a few days later it did it again, but this time it completely died. So I had to send it in for repairs, its been a fast process they only had it two days and its fixed.

#2042 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

Can anyone convince me that the Wii U is worth purchasing at this time? I like the concepts for Batman but I've read about the slow down / stuttering issues. Sonic Racing and Super Mario look like the options at this time - and I can get my 6 year old into it.

#2043 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

Can anyone convince me that the Wii U is worth purchasing at this time? I like the concepts for Batman but I've read about the slow down / stuttering issues. Sonic Racing and Super Mario look like the options at this time - and I can get my 6 year old into it.

It's basically a wii 2.0 with 3ds like functions, if you don't have a problem shelling out close to $500 then go right ahead. It is Christmas, I still remember opening my Deluxe NES set and you only get that enjoyment from your kids a few times in life.

#2044 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

Getting my wii u shipped back to from nintendo, it was out for repairs. They didn't say what the problem was, but it had the repair cost and it was $175. Though I didn't have to pay anything because its has one year warranty. I would still have like to know what the problem really was. So basically two weeks ago my wii u stopped turning on, it was suggested that I reset the power supply and it work, then a few days later it did it again, but this time it completely died. So I had to send it in for repairs, its been a fast process they only had it two days and its fixed.

You'll get a slip of paper back with it which will tell you what was wrong with it. At least that's how it was with Wii and DS.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2045 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

With all due respect, if you need to be convinced to purchase something when it doesn't appear that cost is the issue, that probably means you shouldn't.

That being said, Batman ran just fine for me and Sonic Racing is my favorite game on the system with its off TV play. Mario U is fun and Nintendoland is surprisingly challenging, especially DK.

Maybe your 6-year-old would like a 3DS better? You can still get one for $40 off at Best Buy through Saturday.
\\:D/

#2046 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Just wait for the price drop when the Xbox comes out next year. There's very few games right now since it just launched and the price is the highest it will ever be. Even if you bought now, you'd have to take an ass raping every time you made a game purchase since everything is new. Just wait like everyone else.

It's basically a wii 2.0 with 3ds like functions, if you don't have a problem shelling out close to $500 then go right ahead. It is Christmas, I still remember opening my Deluxe NES set and you only get that enjoyment from your kids a few times in life.

Speaking of the NES, I had this game and actually managed to beat it back then. Hey, they should do a reboot!

Edited by Blaster man, 14 December 2012 - 02:36 PM.

#2047 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

I'm going to get a seizure watching that video! @_@ I never owned the game when I was a kid, I did play it in the arcade a lot though.

#2048 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

If Nintendo can nail the software, this has the possibility of being the new Nintendo 64. Playing co-op with friends is awesome.

#2049 Cowman715

Cowman715

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

I have to say for me and my girlfriend this game is great. Gives me a decent challenge and she feels like she's doing something

*she's not that great but I still love her haha*

And its great while I have friends over. But I will say that solo I haven't really touched it.

#2050 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

I know someone mentioned it previously, but how do you turn off MiiVerse integration in games, specifically Mario?

#2051 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Can you play Wii games online with the Wii U?

#2052 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

Can you play Wii games online with the Wii U?

Online yes, WiiConnect24 (the standby internet that fed channels data and some games features) No.

#2053 HeroToTheMasses

HeroToTheMasses

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

Online yes, WiiConnect24 (the standby internet that fed channels data and some games features) No.

Awesome. Thank you.

And if anyone wants to stock up on games for the Wii, Best Buy has a pre-order B2G1 deal going on. Made the most of it and picked up The Last Story, Little King's Story, and Sakura Wars.

#2054 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

But wha about friend codes? I thought you had to exchange friend codes and fr what I could tell, there was no means of doing that.
Spoiler

#2055 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

But wha about friend codes? I thought you had to exchange friend codes and fr what I could tell, there was no means of doing that.

I haven't tried to exchange FC for a age on the WiiU Wii mode so I can't speak to that, but I just payed a round of SSBB and it worked fine*.

* fine being measured on the usual lag scale.

#2056 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

Does anybody have an idea of when Aliens: Colonial Marines is coming out for the Wii U? I know the PC, PS3, and 360 versions are releasing on Feb 12th 2013 but no word yet on the Wii U release?

#2057 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

Does anybody have an idea of when Aliens: Colonial Marines is coming out for the Wii U? I know the PC, PS3, and 360 versions are releasing on Feb 12th 2013 but no word yet on the Wii U release?

They confirmed as being within the WiiU "launch window", so 1st quarter of 2013 (before end of March, hopefully).

My Current Lowball Sale is NOW CLOSED.  I lost so much sweat & tears. [cries] 

animePSP2.jpg

#2058 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

Awesome. Thank you.

And if anyone wants to stock up on games for the Wii, Best Buy has a pre-order B2G1 deal going on. Made the most of it and picked up The Last Story, Little King's Story, and Sakura Wars.

You mean pre-owned?

#2059 Firewalker81

Firewalker81

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

I am on the fence on whether to buy this system. I played one yesterday at Best Buy and thought it was a lot of fun, but I am worried about third party for the system. This is mostly due to the fact that I keep seeing speculating on the graphical capabilities as a reason that third party developers will stay away from the system. What's your thoughts, should I buy one or not?

#2060 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

TVii is being released tomorrow.

http://www.joystiq.c...ailable-dec-20/

#2061 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Finished the story mode for New Super Mario Bros. U. 100% Completion with all coins found.
What a great game. I've always been most fond of the 2D iterations. This one is definitely up there with SMB3 and SMW. The one little nagging aspect is I think it borrowed maybe a little too much from those two games...

Still playing Nintendo Land in bursts. I just have a couple of the multiplayer games left to get stars on.

Hoping to see a new price reduction in the Sonic kart game or Tekken; I'd like to pick both of those up.

I hope the update for TVii (if it requires one) isn't as terrible as the previous ones have been.

#2062 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

I'm pretty curious to see how well it will integrate with my Uverse box.

#2063 dogmae

dogmae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

I know that eshop games are tied to the system and can be played by any user, but what about prepaid cards. Can any user, use the balance, or just the one that entered the card? What about download history, can a second user go to the eshop and redownload stuff?

#2064 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

I'm pretty curious to see how well it will integrate with my Uverse box.

Same here with my DirecTV box.

#2065 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Will TVii do anything with basic antenna cable with no cable boxes? It would be really sick if we could record TV and to the Wii U 's hard drive and then play it back just like a DVR since basic cable doesn't come with a DVR and our household isn't interested in upgrading any time soon.

#2066 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Will TVii do anything with basic antenna cable with no cable boxes? It would be really sick if we could record TV and to the Wii U 's hard drive and then play it back just like a DVR since basic cable doesn't come with a DVR and our household isn't interested in upgrading any time soon.

Not sure about the first question (which I'm curious about myself), but they've already said that the Wii U won't function as a DVR in any capacity.

#2067 screwkick

screwkick

It's T-Shirt Time...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

Apparently 90% of functionality is not available tomorrow. Way to go nintendo. So glad I returned this sorry ass console.

#2068 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Apparently 90% of functionality is not available tomorrow.

Mind dropping a link?

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#2069 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Apparently 90% of functionality is not available tomorrow. Way to go nintendo. So glad I returned this sorry ass console.

Delayed tv functionality definitely has me regretting buying this video game console.

#2070 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Would be nice to enable TVii to change my cable box AND my TV (since the remote option only controls one or the other at a time). Otherwise, I'll be interested to download and install it tomorrow, and check it out!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image