Wii U General Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
6644 replies to this topic

#2161 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

LOL @ someone saying a goddamn demo is worth buying a $350 console for.

#2162 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

I bought the system to play Rayman... so not far off.

#2163 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

LOL @ someone saying a goddamn demo is worth buying a $350 console for.

Pretty sure he was saying that the actual game is worth buying the console for, and anyone who hasn't should check out the demo.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#2164 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

Pretty sure he was saying that the actual game is worth buying the console for, and anyone who hasn't should check out the demo.

Bingo. That's exactly what I stated. I haven't checked the eShop in the past week or so, but there wasn't any indication the Rayman Legends demo was even available unless you did a specific search for it. Hopefully Nintendo gets a dedicated demo section up and running soon.
\\:D/

#2165 yobaburp

yobaburp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

I honestly wish I could return my WiiU for a full refund, that last day to return was the 18th at Gamestop. For the $300 I spent on it I'm really not impressed and find the tablet akward for Assaisan's Creed 3. The only good thing is using the tablet for playon media streaming and posting on the wannabe facebook...miiverse it still does not justify the cost.

#2166 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

I missed out on the playon deal, sadly. Considered getting the lifetime offer of $29.99 or whatever it was, but after reading horrible reviews across the interwebz, it might not be worth the hassle.

#2167 evergoo

evergoo

Proud to be Frugal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Found a video online testing 4 brands of screen protectors. Looks like Hori comes out on top, followed by Power A.

http://wiiudaily.com...een-protectors/

goo.gif evergoo.png

Recent Game Purchases: X-COM Collection, StreetPass Games Bundle, Fire Emblem: Awakening
Currently Playing: StreetPass Games, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time

My Latest Karaoke Video: Lady Gaga's Just Dance

#2168 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

I hope Smash Bros Ubiquitous comes with hot evergoo videochat karaoke action.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#2169 evergoo

evergoo

Proud to be Frugal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

I hope Smash Bros Ubiquitous comes with hot evergoo videochat karaoke action.

Don't give me ideas Strell. Don't give me ideas.

P.S. You own a Wii U yet or waiting for that killer app?

goo.gif evergoo.png

Recent Game Purchases: X-COM Collection, StreetPass Games Bundle, Fire Emblem: Awakening
Currently Playing: StreetPass Games, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time

#2170 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

Found a video online testing 4 brands of screen protectors. Looks like Hori comes out on top, followed by Power A.

http://wiiudaily.com...een-protectors/

The Hori one has worked out nicely for me, and was fairly easy to apply too. I'd recommend it.

#2171 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

I am really impressed with ZombiU. Is it groundbreaking, no. It does the whole Zombie genre justice. It's really fun because the zombies are tough but at the same time, you have to be cautious because if you die, your character dies, and you have to go kill the zombie who you turned into to get your gear back. There have been some oh shit moments because of the fact that I just can't reload my game so I have to be super cautious sometimes.

Also I applaud them for the uber crazy mode where if you die, your savegame gets deleted and you start at the beginning of the whole game. No getting another survivor to continue, it's you start the game from the beginning.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2172 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

Also I applaud them for the uber crazy mode where if you die, your savegame gets deleted and you start at the beginning of the whole game. No getting another survivor to continue, it's you start the game from the beginning.

Guess you've never played a roguelike.

#2173 Cognitive Dissonance

Cognitive Dissonance

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Well can I sell it then? I wouldn't really call it return fraud, since I'm trying to exchange a perfectly working brand new Wii U. It's not like I'm gonna be wrapping up a 3DO in the box.

Or maybe the Wii U is more like a 3DO than people are willing to accept.

#2174 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

Well can I sell it then? I wouldn't really call it return fraud, since I'm trying to exchange a perfectly working brand new Wii U. It's not like I'm gonna be wrapping up a 3DO in the box.

Or maybe the Wii U is more like a 3DO than people are willing to accept.

You can sell it all you want, your just not going to get the $500, $600, $700 dollars you were hoping to get. That is your own fault for getting it from a place like that has that kind of return policy. Ask for $275 and just take it as a hit or go get store credit, your choice.

#2175 Cognitive Dissonance

Cognitive Dissonance

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

I would love to get $270. Obviously I'm willing to take a loss. Obviously nobody is going to pay $400 like they did six years ago. Obviously I acted stupidly. But it's okay, in the past I've acted intelligently. Hopefully I'll die in the black.

I'm just trying to make the best of a bad situation. Is it too much to ask, that I only lose 15%? That I give my loss to a fellow CAG, rather than 4 Gamerz with their terrible and appalling customer service?

Come on everybody. Low ballers welcome. Yeah yeah, maybe I should go create a for sale thread. Sorry.

#2176 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

I'll give you $100. Get at me.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#2177 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

Guess you've never played a roguelike.

Or Steel Battalion on the old Xbox, not the new one.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#2178 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

Or Diablo.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#2179 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:26 AM

I would just keep the console and wait for games you want to come out, meanwhile you could transfer your Wii stuff from it and play some of the Wii games you never got around to playing on it. If you are going to take a loss on the console then its worth keeping and buying a few games for during its lifecycle at least IMO. Keep in mind Nintendo seems to be on the trend of taking out backwards compatibility from their consoles at some point during the cycle of the machine so if you want that feature keeping a launch model may be a good idea.

#2180 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

Or he was just complimenting a game for offering the feature in addition to other games that have, or complimenting it specifically on the fact that it's a FPS offering the mode.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#2181 bossman

bossman

Like a Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

I had preordered the pro controller around sept/oct with the coupon at Newegg. They had changed the release date to 12/31, which sucked but I was still willing to wait. Now they are OOS :(

#2182 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

I had preordered the pro controller around sept/oct with the coupon at Newegg. They had changed the release date to 12/31, which sucked but I was still willing to wait. Now they are OOS :(

I know this isn't the point, but do you have a game that actually uses it?

#2183 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

Which is why mine is sitting collecting dust... Ah well, I'm sure I'll get something that uses it at some point.

#2184 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

Agree. I quickly cancelled my pre-order after seeing the now 'out of stock' at Newegg. With no demand for it, I hope it goes down in value soon enough...if I ever do care.

#2185 evergoo

evergoo

Proud to be Frugal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

I've seen some on shelves across different Wal-Mart and Target stores. I've also noticed quite a lot of Wii Us, especially the vanilla set, at various b&m stores too. :-(

I'm personally having a difficult time finding a place to buy the Hori Screen Protectors. Amazon's oos.

goo.gif evergoo.png

#2186 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

Which is why mine is sitting collecting dust... Ah well, I'm sure I'll get something that uses it at some point.

Mine's still sealed in the box. Had to get it with the forced WM bundle. Not sure when or if it'll ever get opened.

#2187 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

Mine's still sealed in the box. Had to get it with the forced WM bundle. Not sure when or if it'll ever get opened.

Don't get me wrong, the controller's amazing and all its just that there isn't much use for it right now particularly if you're playing mostly single player...

#2188 ProfWho

ProfWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

I've seen some on shelves across different Wal-Mart and Target stores. I've also noticed quite a lot of Wii Us, especially the vanilla set, at various b&m stores too. :-(

I'm personally having a difficult time finding a place to buy the Hori Screen Protectors. Amazon's oos.

I have been looking for a hori screen protector too. I just don't want to spend $18 for one on Amazon.

Wii U: ProfWho
3DS: 3222-6849-1226
PSN: ProfWho

Steam: ProfWho

#2189 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Well I have it a shot, I think it's pretty neat but there isn't anything about the WiiU that makes it worth the $350 price tag. I'm going to return mine later this week.

I'm thinking its more related to me playing fewer games than I used to, I was hoping this would excite me more but in the month I've owned it I've only played it 5 times.
Posted Image

#2190 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

I still use mine frequently to check out the miiverse and such for fun, don't have many games yet so not using it much for that, kinda expected to happen at launch at least, I know in a few months when Monster Hunter hits it will quickly become my most played system for a while, so mainly just waiting out for that to launch.

659629.png?68329996