Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Looks like I just saved 60 bucks.

#2492 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Expect ZombiU to be next.

Just another reason why Nintendo should be buffing up their own internal development teams to float the console themselves.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#2493 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Holy Fuck. You've got to be kidding me. 50% of the reason I bought the WiiU was for Rayman, and specifically Rayman close to launch.

I had zero doubts it would remain exclusive but to bump the WiiU version for a simultaneous release six months later is in poor form.

Fuck Ubisoft indeed.

#2494 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

So many Shaq Fu's on one page. Lol.

As far as I'm concerned, the more people that get to play the game the better, so good on ya, Ubisoft.

Looks like I just saved 60 bucks.

Overreaction at its finest, lol.

oIi9lub.png

#2495 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

So lame. I just had to buy a new Wii U and the only reason I pulled the trigger now (instead of waiting) was because Rayman was coming in a few weeks. BAAAHHH!!!!
Spoiler

#2496 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

What a BS move by Ubisoft. I don't get why they could not of released the WiiU version now and others later.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2497 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

This makes no sense... Release Legends as WiiU exclusive now, then change the name a bit and release it for the other consoles in 6 months.

#2498 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

What a BS move by Ubisoft. I don't get why they could not of released the WiiU version now and others later.

So they don't have to pay for marketing (TV ads, banner ads, etc.) twice.

oIi9lub.png

#2499 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

As far as I'm concerned, the more people that get to play the game the better, so good on ya, Ubisoft.

Well, the only way they got people to play Origins was to drop the price, since many didn't buy it on launch.

Overreaction at its finest, lol.

Not for those who bought a Wii U expecting to play this in February. Those people are feeling pretty chafed right now.
Posted Image

#2500 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Not for those who bought a Wii U expecting to play this in February. Those people are feeling pretty chafed right now.

But his comment was that he just "Saved 60 bucks".

So since he can't have it this month he won't buy it at all? That seems like a bit of an overreaction.

Well, the only way they got people to play Origins was to drop the price, since many didn't buy it on launch.

Well then it makes even more sense for Ubisoft to do this. After all, if everyone was going to wait for Legends to drop in price, may as well release it on three platforms so they can recoup as much money as possible.

oIi9lub.png

#2501 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

So since he can't have it this month he won't buy it at all? That seems like a bit of an overreaction.

Well, maybe he will spend something for it eventually, but as time goes on, the desire for something does drop. Certainly messing with goodwill will have one reconsider a potential purchase.

Well then it makes even more sense for Ubisoft to do this. After all, if everyone was going to wait for Legends to drop in price, may as well release it on three platforms so they can recoup as much money as possible.

In the meantime, it is 9 months late and any momentum you built from the Wii U launch is lost. The best marketing, IMO, is getting it into people's hands and having them talk about it for 6 months so that when it comes out for everyone, people will want it.
Posted Image

#2502 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Bah... This reminds me of Rayman all over again. They delayed the original Jaguar version again and again until the Playstation port actually was released a little bit before it was released on the Jaguar. I'm pretty sure that Rayman was also supposed to be a launch game (or at least near launch).

...This sucks, but I'm still going to buy it on the Wii U. Damn Ubisoft...
Posted Image

#2503 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

It's funny, out of all the third party developers, Ubisoft was the most supportive of the Wii platform. With ZombiU and Legends originally planning to be both exclusives (or at least both launch games), they were poised to repeat this for Wii U.

Now they go ahead and do something like this. I don't mind the multiplatform approach, but delaying a game twice, only to coincide with another platform's launch, just isn't cool...

#2504 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

I think we all know this is how this generation is going to play out. The first round of third party games were buggy and had tacked on features, and the second/third/eighth/sixteenth (if it even lasts that long) will most likely be the same. Even if an exclusive shows up down the line, expect a reworked version shortly after.

Again, more reason for more internal teams. I can't believe Nintendo would be under the impression since the N64 that anything has changed. (And yes, they've earned some of it, but as I've said before, it's an incredibly complex issue that boils down simply to money, so why keep beating the deceased equine). They've even said they don't really trust exclusivity agreements for these exact kind of situations, and instead are working toward collaborations. But Ninja Gaiden 3 just shot a hole in the collaboration movement. Very 1984 type reasoning going on.

Eh, ah well. Unless I find out Earthbound will indeed come to the Wii U shop, I can wait a good long while.

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#2505 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

It's funny, out of all the third party developers, Ubisoft was the most supportive of the Wii platform. With ZombiU and Legends originally planning to be both exclusives (or at least both launch games), they were poised to repeat this for Wii U.

Now they go ahead and do something like this. I don't mind the multiplatform approach, but delaying a game twice, only to coincide with another platform's launch, just isn't cool...

It's sort of an ongoing thing with Rayman titles. Origins on the 3DS was delayed 2 or 3 times, I believe.

oIi9lub.png

#2506 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

I can't believe Nintendo would be under the impression since the N64 that anything has changed. (And yes, they've earned some of it, but as I've said before, it's an incredibly complex issue that boils down simply to money, so why keep beating the deceased equine).

I don't think it has anything to do with Nintendo believing anything has changed, and more to do with customers demanding more 3rd party support. So, Nintendo has tried twice to make it happen with their last two console launches, and they ended up with egg on their faces. Course, support goes both ways, and I don't think Wii customers supported 3rd party games all that well.

Maybe we should just accept that good 3rd party support isn't something that is in Nintendo's realm to control directly. They can provide all the support they want, but it is up to the developers to do good work.
Posted Image

#2507 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

So how long before we hear this about Bayonetta 2?

#2508 Tronny

Tronny

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

I don't see how it's an overreaction? I get that this is an attempt to secure as much money as possible for a release, but to delay a game (that is for all intents and purposes, complete) for 6 months is a giant screw you to WiiU owners.

A company does something that I disagree with and I choose to speak with my money. How is that an overreaction. I'm know that I will eventually buy this, sure, but it will also be used.

#2509 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

I think Platinum is going to send representatives to every store selling Bayonetta 2, who will stand by the Wii U game and say THIS IS ALSO COMING TO OTHER SYSTEMS! WHY NOT BLAST SOME MOUNTAIN DEW!

Because I also assume they will be spokespersons for Mountain Dew.

Posted Image

#2510 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Nintendo can't throwsome money at ubi to make the game come out? I mean it makes nintendo look bad to the average consumer.

#2511 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Go Kings!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

The only problem I have with this is that they are delaying the game 7 months.

I know that some people bought a Wii U because of Rayman Legends and for those individuals it sucks that they have to wait even longer to play the game when it was supposed to hold them over for other big releases (Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101). If Capcom pulled something like this for Monster Hunter (which they won't) I'd be extremely disappointed.

I really don't understand the business sense of this move especially with the release of other big titles during that same time frame.

Edited by antlp89, 07 February 2013 - 07:19 PM.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#2512 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

It's sort of an ongoing thing with Rayman titles. Origins on the 3DS was delayed 2 or 3 times, I believe.

But a 7-month push less than 3 weeks from launch? That's a bullshit move. And yes, like others, I'll show my dissatisfaction for Ubisoft by waiting another 6 months when the game can be had for $30 or less.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#2513 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Go Kings!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Isn't the game published by Nintendo?

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#2514 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

The sad part is that this is going to kill the franchise. Admittedly, it was likely to peter out after this one anyway, but this is just expediting the process.

The Wii U doesn't have the install base that Ubisoft hoped, but it's a very *hungry* install base right now. Nothing has been released since launch. Outside of Rayman, nothing was hitting until March. Rayman for Wii U is never going to sell as well as it would have in three weeks. The first new Wii U game since November? Family friendly? Respected by gamers? Not a port of something that came out months ago? A great game, to boot? This game would've sold.

Now it's just another in a sea of fall releases. GTA5, while not appearing to have a huge cross-section, appeals to the same (ugh, I hate the term) 'core' gamers that Rayman does. Those same gamers know that GTA5 will remain the same price for a while, whereas Ubisoft's games drop like a fucking rock. There's no incentive to buy day one. Add in the fact that a lot of people will be saving for new systems, and September is literally sending this game out to die.

I hate the phrase 'vote with your wallet', but that's what I'm going to do. This series is DOA anyway, so losing my money isn't all that relevant... it just makes me feel better. I'll snag it used at some point, and I already scuttled my planned 'new' purchase of AC3 that was literally going to happen 30 minutes after they announced this. For me, that's enough. If they had done this 6 months ago, it wouldn't be an issue. Nineteen days. Nine. Teen.

#2515 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

The sad part is that this is going to kill the franchise. Admittedly, it was likely to peter out after this one anyway, but this is just expediting the process.

The Wii U doesn't have the install base that Ubisoft hoped, but it's a very *hungry* install base right now. Nothing has been released since launch. Outside of Rayman, nothing was hitting until March. Rayman for Wii U is never going to sell as well as it would have in three weeks. The first new Wii U game since November? Family friendly? Respected by gamers? Not a port of something that came out months ago? A great game, to boot? This game would've sold.

Now it's just another in a sea of fall releases. GTA5, while not appearing to have a huge cross-section, appeals to the same (ugh, I hate the term) 'core' gamers that Rayman does. Those same gamers know that GTA5 will remain the same price for a while, whereas Ubisoft's games drop like a fucking rock. There's no incentive to buy day one. Add in the fact that a lot of people will be saving for new systems, and September is literally sending this game out to die.

I hate the phrase 'vote with your wallet', but that's what I'm going to do. This series is DOA anyway, so losing my money isn't all that relevant... it just makes me feel better. I'll snag it used at some point, and I already scuttled my planned 'new' purchase of AC3 that was literally going to happen 30 minutes after they announced this. For me, that's enough. If they had done this 6 months ago, it wouldn't be an issue. Nineteen days. Nine. Teen.

You put it in much kinder words than I would have, so 100% agreed.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2516 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Considering Sega's business plans, Nintendo's more likely to acquire the Bayonetta IP outright.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2517 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Nintendo can't throwsome money at ubi to make the game come out? I mean it makes nintendo look bad to the average consumer.

Ubisoft Published & Developed game not releasing early makes Nintendo look bad?

oIi9lub.png

#2518 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

But a 7-month push less than 3 weeks from launch? That's a bullshit move. And yes, like others, I'll show my dissatisfaction for Ubisoft by waiting another 6 months when the game can be had for $30 or less.

It wouldn't be the first time. Origins 3DS was supposed to originally release with the console versions in November, but it was delayed to March, then delayed to June, and then finally delayed to the following November.

All the news articles I'm reading on the last delay are dated the day before or after it's original June release date...so it's been worse before.

Also bankrolled, for that matter.

oIi9lub.png

#2519 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Yes. No one else would publish it. It was on Nintendo Direct. You morons. Not you, antlp89

#2520 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Only way I can see is with Netflix or Hulu... watch on the TV, but only have sound coming from the gamepad.

Sound doesn't come out of the gamepad on netflix, unless you're in offscreen mode