6667 replies to this topic

#2641 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

I thought it was grapes for whining.

But sure, whatever fruit works for you.

It's cheese, and the total delay is actually 10 months. Was meant to be a launch title, but a lot of things were meant to be launch titles.

#2642 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

From Wed, 1/23 to Thu, 2/21: Balloon Fight (NES)
From Wed, 2/20 to Thu, 3/21: F Zero (SNES)
From Wed, 3/20 to Thu, 4/18: Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (NES)
From Wed, 4/17 to Thu, 5/16: Kirby’s Adventure (NES)
From Wed, 5/15 to Thu, 6/13: Super Metroid (SNES)
From Wed, 6/12 to Thu, 7/11: Yoshi (NES)
From Mon, 7/15 to Tue, 8/13: Donkey Kong (NES)

http://wiiudaily.com...itles-on-wii-u/

Excellent! Thanks for finding that.
Posted Image

#2643 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

Eurogamer gave it a 3/10. Edge gave it a 5/10. Destructoid gave it a 2.5/10. IGN gave it a 4.5/10. Clearly not something to be missed, assuming it got cancelled for Wii U.

the game is not bad at all the system games are awful but it's amazing on pc. REally who does not play a game just because critics say they suck. All my life i had games that people said was just awful that i really enjoyed. do you really think games like halo and cod should get 8's and 9's all the time? NO they get that because thye get paid and free stuff from those game companys to give them high scores

#2644 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

This. The game is ready to ship in two weeks. Even the devs are screaming to release it.

you do know games ship a month before release right? most stores have the stuff in their warehouse two weeks before game is out. at this point it would be hard for places like gamestop and what not to get it to their warehouse and to stores in two weeks

#2645 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

Yeah, not a big deal. The WIIU didn't need their stupid game, anyhow.

Postpone a title for 6 months, however, and there's going to be hell to pay, Ubisoft!

Well, the Wii U version has dropped off the face of the Earth since October or so. So who's to say that it wasn't already silently cancelled?
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2646 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

It would be hilarious if it were the definitive, bug-free version

#2647 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

It would be hilarious if it were the definitive, bug-free version

Tried doing a little research online but had no luck. Does anyone know if I can download Club Nintendo Rewards on the wii u? Meaning, I have enough coins to download the Paper Mario game on the Club Nintendo Site. It says it's compatible with the wii. Am I able to purchase this reward with my saves coins and download it on the wii u? Is the wii u set up for this yet?

I just got a Wii U for XMas and I'm still hazy about what you can and can't do with it. I need to transfer all my games from the wii to the wii u. I'm guessing that's possible. I just thought the virtual console wasn't available for the Wii U yet so therefore I thought the wii U would need an update in order to play those things? I dunno.

Wish there was some solid text and info on this topic.

#2648 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Well, the Wii U version has dropped off the face of the Earth since October or so. So who's to say that it wasn't already silently cancelled?

Yeah, with the way there's almost no new information on the WiiU version and how terrible the reviews have been for 360/PS3 (which will likely lead to low sales) I wouldn't be surprised at all if they just end up cancelling it. In fact, with those 2 factors, I'd be more surprised at this point if the game comes out for WiiU than if it got cancelled. Too bad, I was really looking forward to motion tracker on the gamepad.

#2649 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

Tried doing a little research online but had no luck. Does anyone know if I can download Club Nintendo Rewards on the wii u? Meaning, I have enough coins to download the Paper Mario game on the Club Nintendo Site. It says it's compatible with the wii. Am I able to purchase this reward with my saves coins and download it on the wii u? Is the wii u set up for this yet?

I just got a Wii U for XMas and I'm still hazy about what you can and can't do with it. I need to transfer all my games from the wii to the wii u. I'm guessing that's possible. I just thought the virtual console wasn't available for the Wii U yet so therefore I thought the wii U would need an update in order to play those things? I dunno.

You can play Paper Mario on the Wii portion of your WiiU. So you'll launch the Wii from the WiiU dashboard and then be able to anything you could do with a regular Wii (except GameCube stuff of course).

Does that make sense?
Posted Image

#2650 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Nintnedo Direct tomorrow
- Wii U and 3DS stuff, NOA and NOE (probably no new Nintendo games since it lacks NCL)
- Expect a 3rd party game announcement

Criterion put stuff out about the Wii U version of NFSMW, and it sounds very enticing.

CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2651 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

It will be interesting to see if people use this game as a benchmark for the Wii U, since he's saying that they are using the PC textures for it.

For all the talk of using the gamepad as an assist to the racing player, I wonder if they thought about using it for an opposing player, directing cops, setting up obstacles, etc. That could make for an interesting experience.
Posted Image

#2652 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Yeah there's a little note on the product page on club nintendo that links to here:
http://www.nintendo....-ht-redeem-code

There's also a full system transfer guide here:
http://www.nintendo....em_transfer.jsp

#2653 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

It looks like Ubisoft's Rayman Legends delay has gotten the attention of Forbes...

http://www.forbes.co...es-wii-u-delay/

I so hope they reverse this stupid decision. Hopefully in time for it to get a ton of good press for the Nintendo Direct Event tomorrow...
Posted Image

#2654 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

you do know games ship a month before release right? most stores have the stuff in their warehouse two weeks before game is out. at this point it would be hard for places like gamestop and what not to get it to their warehouse and to stores in two weeks

Good point. Gamestop could be heroes to Wii-U gamers, but it would probably kill their relationship with Ubisoft.

#2655 rocky435

rocky435

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

I hope they release some info on the gba games, I'm guessing that will not be until E3 since they are slowly trickling out the wii u virtual console games.

The ambassador games were a good selection, I would just like metriod zero mission since it is a excellent remake of the first game and the minish cap. And of course any gba gems that went under the radar.

I was also listening to the 8-4 podcast and they talked about rando of blood as an example of a game on the vritual console that would have to be re-licensed by Nintendo through konami who really has not shared it's wii u virtual console plans yet. Made me quite sad :cry:. Playing balloon fight on the gamepad was a really nice experience.

It would be cool if the gamepad was more like a iPad in the sense that it could use remote play and connect to wii u over the internet and play off-screen enabled games and virtual console stuff. Also have a better reach antenna wise to communicate with the console itself. I may be too optimistic since Nintendo has not worked out it's online kinks but Nintendo can do some pretty neat things with just the gamepad since it is pretty much a "game-tablet". It would be cool if they could also add Spotify or Rdio to stream music while playing games too.

#2656 io

io

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:44 AM

To add a little to what the others said, I would transfer your Wii content to your Wii U first, before downloading Paper Mario. I'm not sure what happens if you do it before, but when you do the transfer, your old Wii shop account gets transferred to the Wii U. You might as well do that first before redeeming the code on your Wii U - just to be sure you have everything on the one account.

You could also probably redeem it on the Wii first, then do the trasfer of everything. But you might as well do it afterwards once you've verified the transfer worked OK (mine went flawlessly once I got the USB network adapter. I never could do much of anything over WiFi with either the Wii or Wii U).

#2657 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

It will be interesting to see if people use this game as a benchmark for the Wii U, since he's saying that they are using the PC textures for it.

For all the talk of using the gamepad as an assist to the racing player, I wonder if they thought about using it for an opposing player, directing cops, setting up obstacles, etc. That could make for an interesting experience.

I imagine porting from PC is a lot easier than porting from PS3/360. Considering that's how Frozenbyte did it with Trine 2 and got similar results, you have to think that might be what some developers do from now on instead of going from PS3/360. Assuming they have PC versions coughcougheacough
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2658 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

It would be cool if the gamepad was more like a iPad in the sense that it could use remote play and connect to wii u over the internet and play off-screen enabled games and virtual console stuff. Also have a better reach antenna wise to communicate with the console itself. I may be too optimistic since Nintendo has not worked out it's online kinks but Nintendo can do some pretty neat things with just the gamepad since it is pretty much a "game-tablet". It would be cool if they could also add Spotify or Rdio to stream music while playing games too.

The gamepad really isn't anything but a controller with a screen. It has no processor, so remote play's out the window.

The OS side of things is interesting. I figure if I can watch youtube while browsing the net while a game is open it's pretty good at multitasking.

I have my wacky ideas for the netflix app where I could find out on IMDB what I know that actor from on the gamepad.

#2659 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

I'd be happy if the gamepad would just play in all the rooms of my tiny little house. It's pretty frustrating that my xbox and ps3 controller have better range.
Spoiler

#2660 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

I have my wacky ideas for the netflix app where I could find out on IMDB what I know that actor from on the gamepad.

The Amazon Video app does do something like this offering headshots of the cast of the show you are watching and limited filmography for each.

#2661 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

The Amazon Video app is my favorite among any of the streaming apps on any of the consoles. I'm not sure if it streams at a higher resolution or not but it certainly seems like it has a better picture than when I use Amazon Video on my PS3.

Not only that but I discovered another interesting thing today. My internet dropped out for about 5-10 minutes while I had something paused while I was in the shower. Not only did it keep playing for a while (obviously up to the point it had cached) but instead of everything stopping and it kicking back to the main menu when it reached the end of the cache it just paused. It sat like that for the full 5 minutes until the internet came back and it just resumed playing on its own. No force closing of the app, no extended freeze, it just came right back as soon as the internet came back on.

#2662 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

The Amazon Video app is my favorite among any of the streaming apps on any of the consoles. I'm not sure if it streams at a higher resolution or not but it certainly seems like it has a better picture than when I use Amazon Video on my PS3.

Not only that but I discovered another interesting thing today. My internet dropped out for about 5-10 minutes while I had something paused while I was in the shower. Not only did it keep playing for a while (obviously up to the point it had cached) but instead of everything stopping and it kicking back to the main menu when it reached the end of the cache it just paused. It sat like that for the full 5 minutes until the internet came back and it just resumed playing on its own. No force closing of the app, no extended freeze, it just came right back as soon as the internet came back on.

The video streaming portion of the Amazon Video app is very nice, the UI is still frustratingly slow. It is clear whomever developed it is polling data on the same thread as the GUI and it hangs while pulling data.

#2663 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

I imagine porting from PC is a lot easier than porting from PS3/360. Considering that's how Frozenbyte did it with Trine 2 and got similar results, you have to think that might be what some developers do from now on instead of going from PS3/360. Assuming they have PC versions coughcougheacough

It would be nice to have PCs come back to being the primary development platform, rather than the afterthought for a lot of developers. I don't have much hope that Japanese developers will change their ways, but there seems to be some progress on that front.
Posted Image

#2664 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

The Amazon Video app does do something like this offering headshots of the cast of the show you are watching and limited filmography for each.

It also works in real time by showing headshots of the cast that is on the screen. I think that only works when it says "IMDB X-Ray" on the video, though.

The video streaming portion of the Amazon Video app is very nice, the UI is still frustratingly slow. It is clear whomever developed it is polling data on the same thread as the GUI and it hangs while pulling data.

Really? I notice a slight lag in the UI from time to time but I get the same thing on PS3 as well.

#2665 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Really? I notice a slight lag in the UI from time to time but I get the same thing on PS3 as well.

Not saying the lag is exclusive to the Wii U version, just that the Amazon Video UI locks up during data refreshing. Not too surprising that it occurs on multiple consoles if they are both using the same external data API in the same way.

#2666 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

I was trying to figure out how to report an offensive post that popped up in Nintendo Land, and accidentally gave it a "Yeah!". :-?

#2667 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Street View is the coolest thing. There are lots of great places outside the 70+ in the tour.

I always thought Google Maps street view was kind of wonky but this really works well.
I didn't know they had canals in Amsterdam.

#2668 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

Since nobody's talking about the Nintendo Direct from today, which isn't a surprise since most of it was about 3DS, I'll summarize what was announced.

There will be a DLC campaign for NSMB U just featuring Luigi called New Super Luigi U that is coming later this year.

Coming to the eShop:

Bit.Trip Presents Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien will be out this month. Zen Pinball 2 will also be out this month and is free for the base game with demos for all tables. Toki Tori 2 will be out in March with Off-TV gameplay and a level editor that will be released soon after.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will be out on March 19 with cross-platform play between one Wii U player and up to three 3DS players. It has online and voice chat support. They also say that you can transfer saves between both versions. The Wii U demo will be out on the eShop on February 21.

Need for Speed Most Wanted will be out on March 19. It has off-TV and Miiverse support. It also includes the Ultimate Speed Pack for free.

The Walking Dead: Survival Impact will be out on March 26.

Injustice Gods Among Us will be out on April 16. It supports off-TV play and will have DLC.

Disney Infinity will be out in June.

I'm surprised to see no Nintendo support on the eShop while they announced a few games coming in the next few months on the 3DS eShop along with a sale to show how unprepared they seemed to be to combat the drought that's going on. I'm sure the third-party eShop games will be good, but they're also on other platforms that are more enticing places for those games.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#2669 io

io

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will be out on March 19 with cross-platform play between one Wii U player and up to three 3DS players. It has online and voice chat support. They also say that you can transfer saves between both versions. The Wii U demo will be out on the eShop on February 21.

Sweet - will definitely fire up the Wii U for that in a week. I'm still not sure I want the game (at launch anyway), but hopefully this will help me decide.

#2670 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

So I guess the Wii U sold only 55,000 units in NA for Jan. Also did less than $15 million in software sales. Link courtesy of CheapyD's Twitter.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=513443

Edited by cancerman1120, 15 February 2013 - 04:05 AM.
added the month the numbers were from