Wii U General Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
6639 replies to this topic

#2911 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

Mostly the reason its likely not getting a port is Saints Row IV is basically the same game as Saints row 3. The game was basically what they were going to do for DLC but instead made it a full on game.

If it was an actual new game, that would be out for PS4 and 720 as well, you would likely see it for Wii U

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#2912 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

plus why would a new publisher put tons of money into wii u version when the system is having issues selling.

Volition wasn't just published by THQ, they were one of THQ's studios. So when THQ had it's studios auctioned, Volition was sold to Deep Silver.

Mostly the reason its likely not getting a port is Saints Row IV is basically the same game as Saints row 3. The game was basically what they were going to do for DLC but instead made it a full on game.

If it was an actual new game, that would be out for PS4 and 720 as well, you would likely see it for Wii U

Actually they had a stand alone expansion coming out called "Enter the Dominatrix" that was going to be $29.99. That was cancelled and incorporated into Saint's Row 4 which was being developed at the same time. It's not right to say that they converted Enter the Dominatrix into Saint's Row 4. I know an unfortunate amount about what happened to THQ. Lost a lot of money on that stock because they purposely bankrupted the company.

Edited by Blaster man, 17 March 2013 - 10:21 PM.

#2913 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

No wonder you cant afford a $300 system

#2914 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

:rofl:

#2915 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

that is a dumb reason lol plus there is a new publisher of the game and the way thq was having issues last two years i doudt they even were thinking about next gen systems. We are lucky to even have the good old thq games still going.

#2916 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

[quote name='Blaster man']Volition wasn't just published by THQ, they were one of THQ's studios. So when THQ had it's studios auctioned, Volition was sold to Deep Silver.

umm that's what i was talking about

#2917 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

No wonder you cant afford a $300 system

I lost a lot. Made some back riding EA up from 13 to 19 then bought AAPL at 427 which looks like it may head to 550-650. Rumor is they may do a massive buyback and increase the dividend.

Edited by Blaster man, 18 March 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#2918 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

I lost a lot. Made some back riding EA up from 13 to 19 then bought AAPL at 427 which looks like it may head to 550-650. Rumor is they may do a massive buyback and increase the dividend.

Or drop like a rock cause Jobs is dead.

#2919 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

It only dawned on me earlier today when a co-worker brought it up, but... the Wii U is seeing FOUR games released this week. That's, uh, more than we've seen total since launch, right? There was that god-awful Bond game in December and then... nothing?

Lego City, Monster Hunter, Need for Speed, The Walking Dead. It's not the most thrilling list in the world, sure, but... hey, games, right?

#2920 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

cool

#2921 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Or drop like a rock cause Jobs is dead.

It's up $12 today. They're still undervalued. A 13 p/e is typical for Apple which puts the appropriate price around $573. That doesn't account for them spending $50+ billion on stock buybacks. Jobs may be dead but the company is still bringing in 40 billion a year in free cash to add to the bank. Once it gets to around 550 I'll start thinking about selling depending on buybacks.

#2922 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

It only dawned on me earlier today when a co-worker brought it up, but... the Wii U is seeing FOUR games released this week. That's, uh, more than we've seen total since launch, right? There was that god-awful Bond game in December and then... nothing?

Lego City, Monster Hunter, Need for Speed, The Walking Dead. It's not the most thrilling list in the world, sure, but... hey, games, right?

who knows when places will get lego city stores in my area told me they have no clue when they will get it and amazon still has a 2 -3 week delay

#2923 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

who knows when places will get lego city stores in my area told me they have no clue when they will get it and amazon still has a 2 -3 week delay

Gamestop told me today it should be there on Wednesday, Thursday at the latest. GS.com is also updated with Wednesday as release date. Let's hope so...

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#2924 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

It's great that the Wii U finally has some more games to play on the system that will hold us over till the next couple of big releases. At least for me I know that with Monster Hunter I'll get tons of hours of content and eventually I'll pick up Need For Speed when it drops in price/goes on sale in a month or so.

After this week we got Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 and then farther down the line we'll get Windwaker HD. I'm expecting Nintendo to release at least one or two titles this holiday as well.

There's other games coming out of course (Lego City, Rayman Legends, etc) but the previous mentioned games are what make the Wii U worth buying for me.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#2925 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:59 AM

It's great that the Wii U finally has some more games to play on the system that will hold us over till the next couple of big releases. At least for me I know that with Monster Hunter I'll get tons of hours of content and eventually I'll pick up Need For Speed when it drops in price/goes on sale in a month or so.

After this week we got Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 and then farther down the line we'll get Windwaker HD. I'm expecting Nintendo to release at least one or two titles this holiday as well.

Bayonetta 2 at some point.

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#2926 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

Wonderful 101 is probably coming sooner than Pikmin 3 at this point considering the trailer for W101 just hit the eShop under coming soon. Not that I mind, cuz W101 was awesome from what I played, but...Pikmin 3.

And I just bought Darksiders 2 for $20, so...I'm getting 4 Wii U games this week :X
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2927 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

Has anyone had problems getting on the Assassins Creed III online servers for mutliplayer on the Wii U? I keep getting put in "limited mode". I'm left to wonder, is it the Ubisoft servers or is it my Wii U that's the problem?

Also, I'm not using WiFi. I have an Ethernet cable hooked up via USB. Anyone else experiencing this?

#2928 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

http://www.amazon.co...3685381&sr=1-70

sigh......
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2929 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

All for the low price of 50$!

#2930 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

I understand that (uh, HUGELY) late ports aren't helping, but I'll own up... I loved Deus Ex:HR so much that I have no problem buying it again. It's the same situation I was in with ME3, a game I loved that actually got a pretty well designed port. I wish there were new games, but I have no issues supporting ports that actually had some effort put behind them.

I get that people were pissed about ME3 being announced and then EA going "HAHA, TRILOGY... but no, Fuck you, you don't get it" was a slap, but ME3 was, hands down, the best port that the system got. It ran well, improved the gameplay, and had the smoothest screen switching on the system. Since it appears that Straight Right is also behind the DE port, I'm interested.

#2931 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

sigh......

At least it's not "MINI GAMES 101 for the WiiU now with more mini games!"

I'll take ports for good games over dumping garbage onto it like they did the Wii.

Anyone else really want the new Luigis Mansion game for the WiiU? I'd buy that. I sold off my 3DS.
Posted Image

#2932 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

sigh......

Why $50?

I mean the game was available $5 on Steam already. I mean I fucking love this game to death but jeez.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#2933 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

Just dont Day One buy it. Most of these games go on sale at some point.

#2934 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

Need For Speed Most Wanted U is available on Origin for $30. It's a retail copy. I just bought it myself because the game must have a limited run. If I can readily find copies of MH3U on shelves but not LCU or NFS, something's wrong.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#2935 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

I went to TRU around noon and bought the, uh, one copy of NFS they had. Shit, I don't really want to wait, and I don't want to tie more money up by ordering from Origin. Decisions.

Oh, and Best Buy was nice enough to send me an e-mail that my Lego City pre-order had a date change. To yesterday. I, uh, okay. Sure. Unhelpful.

#2936 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

Need For Speed Most Wanted U is available on Origin for $30. It's a retail copy. I just bought it myself because the game must have a limited run. If I can readily find copies of MH3U on shelves but not LCU or NFS, something's wrong.

Thanks. At the very worst I can sell it at cost if I don't like it.

#2937 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

Fucking Gamestop. I just called and now they are saying Thursday for Lego City... and according to Bestbuy.com, they have it today. Figures...

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#2938 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

My Best Buy was completely out of Lego City Undercover when I was there earlier. I managed to get Pikmin 2 Wii for $5, which I wasn't expecting to be there.

#2939 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

BestBuy.com immediately put Lego City on backorder today. I placed a pre-order back on Feb. 17th and apparently wasn't getting it any time soon. Luckily, CS was able to change it to an in-store pick up.

I just... what the hell is going on with Nintendo and distribution lately? Release date, games in store. It shouldn't be that difficult, right?

#2940 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

BestBuy.com immediately put Lego City on backorder today. I placed a pre-order back on Feb. 17th and apparently wasn't getting it any time soon. Luckily, CS was able to change it to an in-store pick up.

I just... what the hell is going on with Nintendo and distribution lately? Release date, games in store. It shouldn't be that difficult, right?

Yeah, I dunno what's going on. They might be trying to entice people to go digital, but this would be a wrong way in going about it.

I might try and see if BB can change my LCU order to in-store pickup, although I got my copy of MH3U today (from the same order) so I might not be able to.

I can say that MH3U has A TON of improvements over the original, particularly the way you enter online mode, and how you can play the online specific stuff offline. So unlike Tri, when the servers go off, that content will still be available. You can also use the Gamepad for Voice Chat, which is nice.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image