Metroid Other M $10 at GameStop

This game is worth $2 to anyone who grew up with Metroid and saw this game shit all over it.

In contrast, Duke Nukem is worth $.01 cents. I think it's on sale for the same price as Other M.

[quote name='Psyae']I don't understand why people had such a problem with it.[/QUOTE]
YEAH!

[quote name='Psyae']I enjoyed this game more than Galaxy 1 and 2.[/QUOTE]
Now you lost me.

The gameplay despite some annoying flaws (nearly all of the waggle based controls) was fun. It's just the story and dialogue were beyond god fucking awful. Everytime Samus brought up "the baby" or goes through her damn father complex issues a bit of my love for the character dies. Especially when she's fuckING FROZEN IN FEAR IN ONE PART! YOU'RE fuckING SAMUS ARAN!

I don't understand the comparison to Galaxy 1 or 2 *at all*, but I enjoyed this game a lot. I know a lot of people didn't, but I liked it a lot. For $5 or $10 I think it's worth a try. I sure enjoyed my copy of it and think it was worth the quite a bit more I paid for it.

It's not that bad and probably above average, it's just sucks for a Metroid game and the story/cutscenes are atrocious.

Still, the $10 you'd waste on it would be better suited for Super Metroid, Zero Mission, or a Metroid Prime game.

I bought this at release thinking that Nintendo-published games almost never drastically drop in price.

I don't think it's a bad game, I've just never gotten around to beating it yet.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't understand the comparison to Galaxy 1 or 2 *at all*.[/QUOTE]

Just tryin' to say that I think it was one of the best damn Wii titles out there

This was $5 at BestBuy.com over the weekend.

Ordered a copy. Heard it was bad, but I like the series and figured why not check it out for $5. Can recoup that in goozex points later probably.

If you want to enjoy the game, mute the cutscenes. The gameplay is awesome and has that Ninja Gaiden feel, plus an arm cannon.

Storywise (ignoring the acting) what else did anyone expect? These are the same guys who created the plot of Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball. It's a miracle Samus wore pants.

[quote name='stavros45']If you want to enjoy the game, mute the cutscenes. The gameplay is awesome and has that Ninja Gaiden feel, plus an arm cannon.

Storywise (ignoring the acting) what else did anyone expect? These are the same guys who created the plot of Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball. It's a miracle Samus wore pants.[/QUOTE]
This is precisely why I bit it at 5, and would've bit at 10. I'm a Team Ninja fan, not so much a metroid fan.

[quote name='stavros45']If you want to enjoy the game, mute the cutscenes. The gameplay is awesome and has that Ninja Gaiden feel, plus an arm cannon.

Storywise (ignoring the acting) what else did anyone expect? These are the same guys who created the plot of Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball. It's a miracle Samus wore pants.[/QUOTE]
Story was done by Nintendo. Not Team Ninja. They've gone on record a few times saying this.

I love metroid and in fact I own or have owned (in some form) every metroid game except for metroid II.

I could not play this game for more than an hour without having to turn it off. The gameplay is ok, but the story basically contradicts everything I love about metroid, so much so I could not bring myself to more than an hour of it.

I might stop by my local Gamestop to pick up a copy. I missed out on the other deals.

I don't really expect much at this price, even though I had started from the beginning with the original Metroid on the NES.

Did not like the move to a 3D environment. Played the Metroid series on gamecube and was not a fan. Wish it stayed 2D, which is probably why I like the castlevania series so much more now! For $5, I'll add it to my collection, but don't expect to play it.

I really liked this game. It's a lot of fun, and has some classic Metroid action. I honestly didn't get the effect of the dialogue, as I played it in segments. Played a few hours, dropped it for a week, played a few more hours...

I don't remember much of the dialogue, other than when Samus did the "thumbs down" thing, lol. How rebellious :D.

Anyway, this game was worth full price to me.

I guess I never really connected to Samus as a character to be offended by the cut-scenes. Or maybe I'm just numb to the portrayal of women in video games. I'm not sure. But anyway, the gameplay is great... I can understand why some people are pissed about her portrayal in the game... but it just really didn't have any effect on me at all.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Why dis they decide to make samus a scared little bitch in this game ? If I remember correctly team ninja worked on this game. Keep them the fuck away from legendary ip's ![/QUOTE]

For the ump-billionth time. Nintendo wrote the story for this game.

Regardless. Samus is still a badass. She's just a badass I can cuddle with now. :D

bread's done
Back