Heavy Rain Director's Cut $14.98 @ Fry's B&M

Perfect*Ending

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I know it's the same price at GameStop, but if you can't find it there, Frys' is a solution. On Fry's website, it lists the GH version on sale, but the DC version is on sale too at B&M.

Confirmed in Sunnyvale, CA store. :D

(Bonus: Battlefield 3 LE on PS3 is $29.98 there, unconfirmed on 360)

I think this is the same version that was on sale at Walmart - Blue sticker $15 on last Friday and Saturday.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']So is this a YMMV thing because their website says $30 still?!?[/QUOTE]

I can't say for other Fry's but here in San Diego, all they carried were Director's Cut and the price was reflected on the sign as $14.98 and it scanned as $14.98. There were 5 copies left this morning after I purchased one for myself.

Got it today - there weren't any on the racks but I saw it hiding in the cage. It took a while (since they had to go fetch a security case for it before handing it to me :roll:) but I got it. Tagged $29.96 or so and rang up $14.98.

I should also note that Battlefield 3 is $29.98 for 360/PS3 (including the Limited Edition).

Is this part of the weekly sale, in which case Fry's should issue a raincheck for those of us who can't find it locally? My store wouldn't do it, even though this isn't a one day only sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Organ Donor']I should probably pick this up considering how many good things I've heard about this game.[/QUOTE]

Yep, when my girlfriend and I was discussing game of the year during the year the game came out, we were both a little taken a back when we both chose Heavy Rain since it was a one off game. It's really good.

I feel like buying this edition to play it with the Move controls.

Thanks!
Got 1 at the Duluth Fry's
What is funny (sad?) is that I almost grabbed the regular greatest hits version the game
(they were side by side and looked almost identical).
Now I need to figure what to do with two versions of the game.
I like the look of the original black label in a clear case but the additional content in the director's cut makes it the superior version.
Guess I'll keep both (for now).

[quote name='wbc1228']
What is funny (sad?) is that I almost grabbed the regular greatest hits version the game
(they were side by side and looked almost identical).[/QUOTE]

I wasn't even aware that there was a "regular" Greatest Hits version. I thought this was one of those titles where the Greatest Hits just came with extra stuff. Luckily I had asked for 2 copies. They were all locked up in the cage so I couldn't pick them myself - the guy just grabbed the top 2, boxed them up, and gave them to me. When I was in line up front I looked them over carefully and noticed one said "Director's Cut" and the other didn't and they even had different UPC's. So I went back there and got the regular one switched out.

So, yeah, be careful when you pick it up that you get the right one!

You guys are great, I think I got the last one from the Sunnyvale Frys. The person I asked to check the price read the price of the sticker -.- I had to ask her to double check and was glad I did. Sometime I feel shopping at frys is such a hassle.

picked up a copy at Fry's tonight... of course it said $30 everywhere on the shelf & case itself

LOL @ those cheeky fry's managers not advertising the sale price

Thanks, OP! Picked up a copy at the Fry's in Northgate for $14.98. Heard a lot of good things about this game and proud to have it as my first ps3 game. There were about 5 director's cuts and 4 regular GH versions of the game left.

[quote name='Hibiki Rush']Anyone know how long it's on sale for?[/QUOTE]

I think it is over now.
If I'm not mistaken, yesterday (Thursday 12-1-2011) was the last day of the sale.

bread's done
Back