Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Gold Bundle back at Amazon $69.99

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#181 sayu

sayu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:53 PM

I am still going to disagree, the problem is we have to many "diseases" with wildly varying levels. Would you say I have OCD because I put all my socks in my sock drawer? No, the same you wouldn't say someone has OCD because they want their game cases to match. The problem is, people like being "special" and having something other people don't. People like the idea of having something like OCD because it makes them special or different from other people to allow them to stand out. The only reason for someone to say "I have OCD because I like all my ps3 games in clear cases." is a crying out for attention and they do not have the OCD disorder based on that, they may something else...

I think the term is just highly over used by people wanting attention or by people who just misunderstand what it is. A disorder is something outside of being normal, having ps3 games in matching clear cases is perfectly normal. Arranging games in a certain order be it alphabetical or chronology is again normal behavior. It is not a level 2 of a disorder or anything that would be seen as obsessive or compulsive.

I hate when people (usually young women) point out a small habit that they have and then say "LOL I'm so OCD!"

Anyway (a little off-topic), my copy of Atelier Totori SE just arrived from NIS. The beautiful outer cardboard box that holds the game case and the artbook was in perfect condition. NIS packed the shipping box with paper and wrapped the game and the poster that came with it in bubble wrap. They also threw in a sheet of Disgaea stickers. This was free shipping, btw. That's some classy stuff, NIS.

#182 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

I hate when people (usually young women) point out a small habit that they have and then say "LOL I'm so OCD!"

Anyway (a little off-topic), my copy of Atelier Totori SE just arrived from NIS. The beautiful outer cardboard box that holds the game case and the artbook was in perfect condition. NIS packed the shipping box with paper and wrapped the game and the poster that came with it in bubble wrap. They also threw in a sheet of Disgaea stickers. This was free shipping, btw. That's some classy stuff, NIS.

It sounds like you don't believe in mental illness. If some person, young lady or not, feels compelled to do some ritual, then this person has OCD. An example would be if you say, rub your right hand thumb against a wall then feel compelled to do it with your left hand thumb or you don't feel right (an example of trying to make everything even). If you do this all the time, and/or you feel compelled say some sort of ritualistic prayer or statement in your mind on a regular basis, and/or you have to count to 10 (or some other arbitrary number) anytime you start counting (all the time, as in every single time, you must do this) then yes you are OCD.

Anyway, I think I'll stop filling the thread with OT posts. I just saw your misunderstanding and thought I would expand upon your knowledge that not everyone is a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10.

#183 R0tatioNz

R0tatioNz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

Okay so aside from any mindless blabber that I skipped - does anyone have any idea of what will happen with reprinting, if any?

#184 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:13 PM

no one knows if it is being reprinted at all. Amazon stock could just be varied in terms of shipment availability

#185 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

I bet they put out an HD verion when the Wii U launches.

#186 sayu

sayu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

It sounds like you don't believe in mental illness. If some person, young lady or not, feels compelled to do some ritual, then this person has OCD. An example would be if you say, rub your right hand thumb against a wall then feel compelled to do it with your left hand thumb or you don't feel right (an example of trying to make everything even). If you do this all the time, and/or you feel compelled say some sort of ritualistic prayer or statement in your mind on a regular basis, and/or you have to count to 10 (or some other arbitrary number) anytime you start counting (all the time, as in every single time, you must do this) then yes you are OCD.

Anyway, I think I'll stop filling the thread with OT posts. I just saw your misunderstanding and thought I would expand upon your knowledge that not everyone is a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10.

I do believe in mental illness. I feel compelled to wash my hands constantly, even though I know that they are not really dirty. My hands tend to break open a lot and it hurts. I wouldn't willingly put myself through that. It just annoys me when people trivialize an anxiety disorder. In my mind, you don't have OCD just because you're neat and don't like to have clothes thrown out all over the floor.

#187 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

I bet they put out an HD verion when the Wii U launches.

I thought Nintendo already said that

#188 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:46 PM

A guy I know has about five graphics card boxes to store them in when he upgrades. Why in the world would a person have empty boxes then use it to put an item into it that has depreciated to next to nothing?

I upgrade my computer (parts) maybe once every 5 years, or longer. I put the old part in the static resist package the new part came in. Is this OCD? I don't do it with toothbrushes, for example. I do it because it's practical. 6 months after I put in my new graphics card, it freaked out with blurry lines and then stopped working. In 5 minutes I had my old card in my computer and working. That saved me $50-$200 on a replacement in a hurry, and wait time for shipping if bought online. Now I'm free to shop for a deal at my leisure.

I replaced my PS3 HDD with a bigger capacity cheap Laptop HDD. I'm keeping the original PS3 HDD for a just in case moment. And I have saves backed up online. In some cases there are "save for later" moments. If it's just an empty brown shipping box? Then I'd understand, but this Zelda box isn't.

You can look at this Zelda box as a package with your stuff in it. Or you can see it as a "Collector's" box. Many games have Limited/Collectors editions, and with LESS content than this Zelda bundle, DLC codes are lame. One point to a collector's edition is having a single box to hold it all, with nice art on it. Now if you are talking about the box Guitar Hero instruments come in, toss that junk in the recycle sure. Even so, what if that that Guitar Hero box was dented all over for sale in Walmart? No that isn't acceptable.

#189 iwannadie

iwannadie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:02 AM

I upgrade my computer (parts) maybe once every 5 years, or longer. I put the old part in the static resist package the new part came in. Is this OCD? I don't do it with toothbrushes, for example. I do it because it's practical. 6 months after I put in my new graphics card, it freaked out with blurry lines and then stopped working. In 5 minutes I had my old card in my computer and working. That saved me $50-$200 on a replacement in a hurry, and wait time for shipping if bought online. Now I'm free to shop for a deal at my leisure.

I replaced my PS3 HDD with a bigger capacity cheap Laptop HDD. I'm keeping the original PS3 HDD for a just in case moment. And I have saves backed up online. In some cases there are "save for later" moments. If it's just an empty brown shipping box? Then I'd understand, but this Zelda box isn't.

You can look at this Zelda box as a package with your stuff in it. Or you can see it as a "Collector's" box. Many games have Limited/Collectors editions, and with LESS content than this Zelda bundle, DLC codes are lame. One point to a collector's edition is having a single box to hold it all, with nice art on it. Now if you are talking about the box Guitar Hero instruments come in, toss that junk in the recycle sure. Even so, what if that that Guitar Hero box was dented all over for sale in Walmart? No that isn't acceptable.

Speaking of collector boxes, I just actually threw away my Myst 3 Exile collectors edition box. The box was actually numbered, there was a small sticker on the back with a "XXXX of XXXX" printed on it. Not that the zelda box had such numbered stickers but it still shows the printed outer box can be seen as a collectable/display piece. Would someone who bought that copy of Myst 3 with a numbered box be ok with the box being torn up?
Posted Image

#190 edavis0780

edavis0780

Disbarred! STFUJT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:06 AM

I do believe in mental illness. I feel compelled to wash my hands constantly, even though I know that they are not really dirty. My hands tend to break open a lot and it hurts. I wouldn't willingly put myself through that. It just annoys me when people trivialize an anxiety disorder. In my mind, you don't have OCD just because you're neat and don't like to have clothes thrown out all over the floor.

Speaking as an ocd sufferer, there is a clear difference between ocd and neatness. Being neat or organized actually provides a usefull and intended benefit to the behavior. Ocd might provide a tangential benefit, but its usually not intended. Most of the behavior is propagated by the fear of inaction, with little basis to explain why the sufferer is fearful.

Im not a grade 10 but the mental strain and anxiety adds up over time. As far as CAG goes, i can be pretty ocd in regards to my collection. I try and keep boxes and manuals in excellent shape. The appearance is aesthetically pleasing, and the resell value is a good benefit. However, there are times when i cant arrange things the way i want because i fear some illogical result.
Posted Image

"I am a one-man violent video game wrecking crew"

"I love the smell of burning gamers in the morning."

"These flowers were sent to harass me."

"Nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you're a hit man or a video gamer."

-Jack Thompson

Without Jack Thompson, wikiquotes just wouldn't be the same.

#191 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

I thought Nintendo already said that

I don't think they did... there is a HD Zelda coming, but there's no HD Skyward Sword nor can the Wii U upscale Wii games. The only way to play this in HD is Dolphin Emulator.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#192 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

Oh, I thought they said it would be a Wii and Wii U (launch) title. Maybe I'm wrong.
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#193 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:07 PM

There is a conflicted report on how rare this collector edition really is. At gamestop they claim the controller bundle is a one time thing while best buy claim they order 20 copy of it.

#194 storino03

storino03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:02 PM

the two examples you used, both said it was limited. LOL...that was a poor statement, I think.
Game Grabs! www.youtube.com/storino03

Posted Image

#195 zohar

zohar

ゾハル

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

Can someone mark this deal as dead? -_-;
Seeking any Xenosaga/Xenogears merchandise!

#196 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:06 AM

The problem is, people like being "special" and having something other people don't. People like the idea of having something like OCD because it makes them special or different from other people to allow them to stand out. The only reason for someone to say "I have OCD because I like all my ps3 games in clear cases." is a crying out for attention and they do not have the OCD disorder based on that, they may something else...

I think the term is just highly over used by people wanting attention or by people who just misunderstand what it is. A disorder is something outside of being normal, having ps3 games in matching clear cases is perfectly normal. Arranging games in a certain order be it alphabetical or chronology is again normal behavior. It is not a level 2 of a disorder or anything that would be seen as obsessive or compulsive.

I don't think people here say they are OCD to get attention or be special, but they say it in a self-deprecating way to pre-empt the inevitable "LOL you care about a box THAT much, you're crazy!!" responses. Instead they just claim OCD and the random wisecracker doesn't have as much of a target to make fun of anymore. I doubt they would really accept an official diagnosis of OCD if it came down to it, but it's become a popular phrase to say whenever you have any type of even slightly obsessive habit. I've probably claimed OCD a few times here...

#197 LoveDragonDon

LoveDragonDon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:17 PM

Sometimes people amazes me...

A product like this may not/never sell out if you all just leave it alone, and not THINKING it will sell out soon. The price would eventually drop 50% someday...

But you all keep thinking it is going to sell out(despite quantities keep say more than 999) and perhaps the only ones jump on these are you guys(and NOT these soccer moms), making it an illusion it is more rare than it actually is.

:/

#198 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:27 PM

Can someone mark this deal as dead? -_-;

Seriously. I'm sick of seeing this thread pop up and then I think it's in stock everytime.

ostzsk.jpg

#199 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

Thanks TC. Finally got one

:beer:
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#200 dallow

dallow

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:38 PM

A product like this may not/never sell out if you all just leave it alone, and not THINKING it will sell out soon. The price would eventually drop 50% someday...

But you all keep thinking it is going to sell out(despite quantities keep say more than 999) and perhaps the only ones jump on these are you guys(and NOT these soccer moms), making it an illusion it is more rare than it actually is.

What are you talking about?
It is sold out. It's been out less than a day after this thread was created.
Now I'm guilty of bumping it too.

#201 Fernando Rocker

Fernando Rocker

Nintendo Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

Yeah... no.

Try to find this game at retailers. I's pretty much impossible now. Same thing happened with the Super Mario Anniversary Collection.

#202 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

You're hilarious

"if you never buy the item then it will never sell out"

WOW, a firm grasp of the obvious there

#203 crazed llama

crazed llama

Enchanted Livestock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:31 PM

got mine today, shipped in a box with air bags, no damage at all

#204 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:29 PM

You're hilarious

Actually, I think he's saying that we have to not THINK it's going to sell out, then it won't, like some kind of Cheap Ass Jedi Mind Trick.

#205 TechBonus

TechBonus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

Received mine today in the mail. It came in a box with air bags so it looks like Amazon learned their lesson. The only "damage" that I see is some of the gold paint is flaking off but that's not a problem to me. This bundle is a lot more beautiful in person.

Posted Image

#206 zohar

zohar

ゾハル

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

WHERE ARE THE MODS? Mark as dead. Please move to graveyard.
Seeking any Xenosaga/Xenogears merchandise!

#207 NeoStrider

NeoStrider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

You're hilarious

he's saying its a self fulfilling prophecy and in a way he's right

#208 Fizz_Usagi

Fizz_Usagi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

Just got mine from UPS delivery. It was boxed and noticed a few nips of missing gold packaging on the front right corner (much less than my roommate's copy actually), but it's so miniscule a detail, I'm not complaining at all!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#209 TopsideKracker

TopsideKracker

...doomy doomy doomy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:29 PM

I have to hand it to GameStop, they actually came through for me this time.

Preordered this and didn't pick it up. Thought for sure they had sold my copy. Called them the Sunday AFTER it came out. That's right; Black Friday weekend.

They held it for me. For a week. And turned down how many holiday shoppers? Who knows. I honestly don't shop much at GS anymore but I'll remember something like this.

#210 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:54 PM

I have to hand it to GameStop, they actually came through for me this time.

Preordered this and didn't pick it up. Thought for sure they had sold my copy. Called them the Sunday AFTER it came out. That's right; Black Friday weekend.

They held it for me. For a week. And turned down how many holiday shoppers? Who knows. I honestly don't shop much at GS anymore but I'll remember something like this.

i know, right? retailers don't realize how far stuff like this goes with gamers (anyone, but especially gamers). congrats, man!