Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Gold Bundle back at Amazon $69.99

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#211 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:44 PM

just back from another walmart & they had 4 of these in pristine condition (another walmart had 4 about 4 days ago. i bought 1 & sold it on amazon).

#212 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:11 AM

I get sick of people claiming OCD because they like having all their boxes match(no red boxes) or that they like things in a certain order. That is by no means an OCD behavior. Now, if you need to open/close the box 25 times before putting it on the shelf or need to touch every box before you can remove one from the shelf, that would be an OCD type behavior.

i know. take a psychology class, people (or i forget you kids nowadays can use wiktionary). quit calling everything OCD that involves attention to order, or people being anal about things.

#213 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:19 AM

i know. take a psychology class, people (or i forget you kids nowadays can use wiktionary). quit calling everything OCD that involves attention to order, or people being anal about things.

Heh, you're right but your post is ironic in that "anal" stands for "anal retentive" which in fact is a pop-psych term for what psychologists call OCD.

#214 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:24 AM

To be perfectly honest, what you describe with the boxes matching is OCD. Most mental illness is a spectrum from non existent to life shattering bad with most people falling in the are somewhere in the middle. For example, there is a hoarding show on tv (which is a type of OCD) and on that show they have extreme cases. On a scale of 1 to 10 these people are 10's but TONS of people are maybe 7's. It's there, it's bad, but it doesn't control their lives.

What you describe with the boxes is maybe a 2 or a 3. People that feel compelled to straighten the rugs for hours are a 10 on this same sort of spectrum and you can bet your bottom dollar they don't have red boxes mixed in with the blue ones

Lastly, your descriptions of that you describe of OCD (shutting door) are stereotypical examples of people with a 10. OCD isn't even considered a mental illness unless it impacts you or makes you feel miserable.

An example directly related to the previous posts, if a person opens a box, let's say one for a PS3, sets up the PS3 then places the empty box in a closet full of empty electronics boxes then that person has a form of OCD. The 'normal' thing is to throw away boxes. I know people that do this and their reasoning is that they may 'need' it down the road. That is a very typical reason hoarders keep stuff - as though you can't throw out the box and if you move 5 years from now, stick it in a new box. A guy I know has about five graphics card boxes to store them in when he upgrades. Why in the world would a person have empty boxes then use it to put an item into it that has depreciated to next to nothing?

from wikipedia -

Obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry, by repetitive behaviors aimed at reducing the associated anxiety, or by a combination of such obsessions and compulsions. Symptoms of the disorder include excessive washing or cleaning; repeated checking; extreme hoarding; preoccupation with sexual, violent or religious thoughts; aversion to particular numbers; and nervous rituals, such as opening and closing a door a certain number of times before entering or leaving a room. These symptoms can be alienating and time-consuming, and often cause severe emotional and financial distress. The acts of those who have OCD may appear paranoid and potentially psychotic. However, OCD sufferers generally recognize their obsessions and compulsions as irrational, and may become further distressed by this realization.

the D stands for disorder, you know? when they call people OCD, they are wrong. calling people "OC" may make your interpretation true, but once it's called a disorder, it has reached the point in a person's life where it is disruptive. simply matching boxes is NOT that.

#215 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:26 AM

WHERE ARE THE MODS? Mark as dead. Please move to graveyard.

EASY on the all CAPS bro.
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#216 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:26 AM

Heh, you're right but your post is ironic in that "anal" stands for "anal retentive" which in fact is a pop-psych term for what psychologists call OCD.

yeah, bad choice of word, as anal has a slightly different connotation to me, than to pop-psychology. they get the idea, though.