Photo
- - - - -

Gamefly rentals: 2 months for $30 (2 games out)

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#31 Sashka

Sashka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:27 PM

just saying dont be shocked to see these cancelled and your cash back

o and they do THROTTLE people on prepaid plans cause they know they can (since if you cancell you out all of the cash)

You are clearly not very savvy in economics/business.

If their customers are not satisfied, they will not renew after their prepaid ends. It is not smart for them to "throttle" those customers because they could lose potential future business and because word of mouth is such a big factor when it comes to online-based businesses.

Besides...any intelligent person would not use up all the gift card codes at once anyway. They would spread them out and use them when they needed to, only after their first card expired.

#32 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:48 AM

ditto. In fact they give you a discount, because you lock in for a certain amount of time. It's basic economics.

I bought a 1 year gift certificate for myself for the past 2 years. I call it a self-gift :) . Nobody prohibits you from buying a Starbucks GC and use it yourself.

next time I will buy multiple 2 months certificates, because clearly their pricing structure doesn't make any sense. The 1 year one should be the best deal

The Starbucks gift card comparison isn't quite the same given that this is a subscription service but I get what you're saying. I've seen different results with self-gifting during promotions by other companies before, but according to their customer service it is allowed here.

I apologize for my skepticism.

#33 blankempathy

blankempathy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:54 AM

I'd highly advise anyone who doesn't want to waste money to stay away from Gamefly. They 'always' seem to have problems getting games returned to them. Two games, sent in the same postal box , one goes missing, one doesn't.

I don't buy it and cancelled after it happened a second time. I should note they 'found' it, without a single word in response after I complained.

I've been using gamefly for over a year now. i've never had them lose my games that I've sent out to them. The biggest issue I have is they don't always send out games I want to play fast enough but its not a huge problem either. Also with their sales and my 10% off used games membership lately my monthly membership has been paying for itself since I've been buying a lot of used games.

#34 Ch33pSh33p

Ch33pSh33p

Cheap is <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:56 AM

So I just bought one 2 month code and I entered it in the redemption box and nothing happened...

Anyone encounter this same issue? No invalid error message either so I'm not sure what's going on.

"The cops are here, sucks for them." - Trevor (GTA V)

Gaming Blog | Free games & gift cards! | gaming forum

#35 Tony208

Tony208

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:59 AM

So I just bought one 2 month code and I entered it in the redemption box and nothing happened...

Anyone encounter this same issue? No invalid error message either so I'm not sure what's going on.

do not redeem on your my account page, use this link instead

http://www.gamefly.c...tificate/redeem
Digital distribution comes with strings.

#36 Ch33pSh33p

Ch33pSh33p

Cheap is <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:02 AM

Yeah I just found that out and it worked.

Thanks.

"The cops are here, sucks for them." - Trevor (GTA V)

Gaming Blog | Free games & gift cards! | gaming forum

#37 Sashka

Sashka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:07 AM

do not redeem on your my account page, use this link instead

http://www.gamefly.c...tificate/redeem

I'll add this to the post.

Thank you

#38 cheaphuck

cheaphuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:13 AM

If you choose send to email will they send a code or is it tied to the email?

#39 sandman8288

sandman8288

DealMaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:14 AM

Obviously, we believe you. Who wouldn't believe a credible source of truth and objectivity that is Sandman8288?

If he says they closed his account after they accused him of stealing a game, it must be true.

Do you work for Gamefly? Because for some reason you seem to have a problem with anyone criticizing them in this thread...you may be trying to defend the deal you posted, but you're coming off as a douchebag. I also don't like people insinuating that I'm lying, I have nothing to gain by doing so.

To continue the story, a few years later, I actually contacted Gamefly because I wanted to try it again because they opened a few new distribution centers since I last had them, and I hoped their service had improved. They told me if I ever found the game from 3 years previously that was "lost in the mail", they would restore my service, and I replied that I would like this situation elevated to a Supervisor, who told me that the games were found shortly after my account was closed, and the issue should have been taken off my account 2 1/2 years ago.

Anyways, after trying them again, their service is still extremely slow, but I've had no issues with them losing games. On the two out plan, I only ended up with 6 games in a month, which is not worth the price with when I can rent from Redbox and actually get the stuff I want, and not stuff from the bottom of the que.

#40 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:26 AM

You are clearly not very savvy in economics/business.

If their customers are not satisfied, they will not renew after their prepaid ends. It is not smart for them to "throttle" those customers because they could lose potential future business and because word of mouth is such a big factor when it comes to online-based businesses.

Besides...any intelligent person would not use up all the gift card codes at once anyway. They would spread them out and use them when they needed to, only after their first card expired.

well when the OFFER was right it was

5% off 3 months
10% off 6 months
15% off 9 months
and
20% off 12 months

SO i jumped on the 12 month...

I was a member for a few years before doing the 1 year membership... when i was month to month i was getting 2 to 3 day back and forth .. since i been on the membership Its been 5 to 7 days each way..

When i went into to complain they even told me GO ahead and leave you wont get any of your membership back... when i was month to month i would be given credit if a shipment took over a week to get to me

Say i drop off a game DEC 1 if i didnt have a new game shipped out by DEC 9 i would get an email saying something like sorry lost a week we have given you 3 to 5 bucks credit to make up for it

Now when im a prepaid member all i get is ... we do no give money for shipping problems .. if you would like to quit your membership go into my account and hit cancel membership... The rest of your membership will be forfeited ..

and love how your talking about how its not good business When in fact your screwing over the company by BUYING mulit memberships at a price that should never be offered... Then again in a few weeks or a month when Gamefly goes in BY HAND (what they can) and cancells all of the memberships and credits you back the money you paid , you will be Bitc..ing about how the company Fu..k you over
WOOOO I STINK

#41 Bucket2222

Bucket2222

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:56 AM

Thanks OP! Just worked seamlessly for me. For those of us who have weighed the value of the service and decided to be long-term subscribers, this is just found money.

#42 Sashka

Sashka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:59 AM

well when the OFFER was right it was

5% off 3 months
10% off 6 months
15% off 9 months
and
20% off 12 months

SO i jumped on the 12 month...

I was a member for a few years before doing the 1 year membership... when i was month to month i was getting 2 to 3 day back and forth .. since i been on the membership Its been 5 to 7 days each way..

When i went into to complain they even told me GO ahead and leave you wont get any of your membership back... when i was month to month i would be given credit if a shipment took over a week to get to me

Say i drop off a game DEC 1 if i didnt have a new game shipped out by DEC 9 i would get an email saying something like sorry lost a week we have given you 3 to 5 bucks credit to make up for it

Now when im a prepaid member all i get is ... we do no give money for shipping problems .. if you would like to quit your membership go into my account and hit cancel membership... The rest of your membership will be forfeited ..

and love how your talking about how its not good business When in fact your screwing over the company by BUYING mulit memberships at a price that should never be offered... Then again in a few weeks or a month when Gamefly goes in BY HAND (what they can) and cancells all of the memberships and credits you back the money you paid , you will be Bitc..ing about how the company Fu..k you over

What's not good business..? What are you talking about? And why the hell would I bitch if they do that (which they most likely won't)? It's not like they are canceling the membership and keeping the money..they are giving me the money back.

I don't know why you are taking this so seriously, you obviously have some beef with the company. And I've been a member for month to month for quite a while before this deal, and I've never gotten a turnaround time of 2-3 days. So either you live close to a Gamefly center or you were putting unpopular games in your queue. Either way, it usually takes 5 days for me, but I'm happy because if I didn't have Gamefly I'd be playing one game a month instead of a few for the same price.

#43 Sashka

Sashka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:00 AM

If you choose send to email will they send a code or is it tied to the email?

It will be in the e-mail sent to the e-mail address that you chose..

#44 Sashka

Sashka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:05 AM

Do you work for Gamefly? Because for some reason you seem to have a problem with anyone criticizing them in this thread...you may be trying to defend the deal you posted, but you're coming off as a douchebag. I also don't like people insinuating that I'm lying, I have nothing to gain by doing so.

To continue the story, a few years later, I actually contacted Gamefly because I wanted to try it again because they opened a few new distribution centers since I last had them, and I hoped their service had improved. They told me if I ever found the game from 3 years previously that was "lost in the mail", they would restore my service, and I replied that I would like this situation elevated to a Supervisor, who told me that the games were found shortly after my account was closed, and the issue should have been taken off my account 2 1/2 years ago.

Anyways, after trying them again, their service is still extremely slow, but I've had no issues with them losing games. On the two out plan, I only ended up with 6 games in a month, which is not worth the price with when I can rent from Redbox and actually get the stuff I want, and not stuff from the bottom of the que.

I dislike people who believe that their personal experience is the epitome of objectivity. Some of you who post about how you got screwed by Gamefly come off that way.

I like the service and have gotten great use out of it, but I don't believe that everyone's experience will be as smooth as mine. I've been trying to be helpful to those who had questions, but I apologize if I came off as a doucher (no sacrcasm.)

#45 Bucket2222

Bucket2222

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:13 AM

I've bought a second 2-month code and extended through April 2012. For every two-month subscription I get with the gift certificate, I'm saving $18. The question now is: how many of these should I buy? I'm a fan of GF over my first two years, but I don't want to miss out if some Quikster comes along that I want to switch to.

#46 Sashka

Sashka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:47 AM

I've bought a second 2-month code and extended through April 2012. For every two-month subscription I get with the gift certificate, I'm saving $18. The question now is: how many of these should I buy? I'm a fan of GF over my first two years, but I don't want to miss out if some Quikster comes along that I want to switch to.

Well..obviously, it's up to you. But I bought 3, used one and am saving the other two for the summer.

#47 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:58 AM

Netflix said they are "evaluating" doing games, so I'm not really holding my breath for it.

To be honest, considering the large userbase of Netflix, I don't neccesarily think when/if they do games it'll be much better/different than Gamefly. And if there is some type of discrepancy, Gamefly would most likely change things around to try and match Netflix's offerings.

I'd just go with this deal. (BTW, the Gamefly FAQ specifically says you can use this for your own account)

#48 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:25 AM

hrm good shit
I'll get one

#49 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:33 AM

Just extended my subscription until May of 2012. I was considering going longer, but this will be fine for now. Thanks.

Posted Image

#50 crabbit

crabbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:44 AM

Grabbed three. Thanks!

#51 Toohumanlive

Toohumanlive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:43 PM

Bought 6, all to the same email. Redeemed, no issues.

#52 Neo

Neo

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:57 PM

I just bought five 2-month cards. No issues at all. Thank you.

Last.fm ----- Flickr ----- My Xbox's Blog ----- XBL Profile

#53 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:33 PM

able to grab 2 but 99% of the time i got that STUPID SILIVER BAR over the games out
WOOOO I STINK

#54 Sashka

Sashka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:16 PM

able to grab 2 but 99% of the time i got that STUPID SILIVER BAR over the games out

Maybe there's something wrong with your browser..?

#55 Midori Monkey

Midori Monkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

Nice thanks OP
Posted Image

#56 flashburn

flashburn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:39 PM

Grabbed 4, no issues redeeming them instantly. Thanks!

#57 Midori Monkey

Midori Monkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

Quick question someone might know the answer too... I normally like to do 2 at a time with GF during the heavier release seasons and then drop to 1 during the drier months. Anyone know if I get a combination of 2 and 1 month gift certs and try redeeming them all what will happen? Prolly gonna just go with all 2 months at this price to be safe unless someone knows.
Posted Image

#58 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

Grabbed 4 as well. I'm paid till August 2012. Thanks op. Its expensive now, but I don't see me dropping Gamefly anytime soon, love the service!

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#59 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:53 PM

In for 1...maybe two. Thx OP.
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#60 Ymeegod

Ymeegod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

I've been a member for 2 years now and I love their service. For the most part it's 2-3 days one way shipping and I average around 6 games/month with the 2 game plan which is roughly $4. something per title.

Just last month one of my titles wasn't recieved (reported it to GF when the one week period ended) and they were quick to respond and fix the issue. About 3-4 days after that I recieved on email saying they found the problem and recieved the disk.

Think I recieved only one disk that wouldn't work due to scratches but that's about it.