Photo
- - - - -

Like the USPS? Get ready to kiss it goodbye...

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#61 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

I wouldn't care. But I know the Federal Government won't let them go under. I see an executive order coming down if it got to that point.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#62 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

Anyone read the Esquire magazine article on the USPS
http://www.esquire.c...e-lives-8757430

USPS isn't broke, the gov't stupid regulations/policies is what causing them to be broke, read how UPS and FEDex basically milk USPS services for close to nothing because of their lobbying effort in Washington, while in turn charging USPS billions to do certain services

#63 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

I wouldn't care. But I know the Federal Government won't let them go under.

This was the smartest post I seen in this thread

#64 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

Anyone who thinks they wouldn't be effect by the shutdown of the USPS is about as ignorant as you can get .

My biggest issue is with the U.S. subsidizing Chinese shipping. USPS and China Post along with eBay came to an agreement that allows Chinese sellers to ship items to the United States, with tracking, for pennies on the dollar meanwhile starting January 27th, of this year rates on international postage increased as much as three fold.

I love the logic: Increase costs for people shipping outside the country; allow Chinese to flood our market at a rate of over 30,000 shipments a day for next to nothing

#65 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

Anyone who thinks they wouldn't be effect by the shutdown of the USPS is about as ignorant as you can get .

My biggest issue is with the U.S. subsidizing Chinese shipping. USPS and China Post along with eBay came to an agreement that allows Chinese sellers to ship items to the United States, with tracking, for pennies on the dollar meanwhile starting January 27th, of this year rates on international postage increased as much as three fold.

I love the logic: Increase costs for people shipping outside the country; allow Chinese to flood our market at a rate of over 30,000 shipments a day for next to nothing

Well how else could I have gotten my $20 PS Vita from China.....:):)

#66 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

Funny since I used them to mail 70 packages this month.

Sucks there aren't any other companies that mail packages.

#67 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

No one does it as as reliably for the price. A company that sends out his type of volume doesn't get the same types of discount as Amazon, if any. Even then, UPS relies on USPS to complete the local leg of delivery to the destination for a great many items.

#68 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

I cringe whenever I see that something is being delivered using that hybrid type delivery method. First time was DHL/USPS, that was horrible.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#69 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

I've had bike messengers deliver small stuff to my folks house in the city if I had expedited or overnight shipping.

#70 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

There's a local carrier called "Lasership."

I was bummed to find out that it was an early 90's model station wagon.

And they're awful, thoroughly unreliable, never around, no clue where to go to pick up my package when it isn't delivered (and thank jebus that my neighbors are always around to sign for my deliveries).

FREE MARKET, Y'ALL.
Posted Image

#71 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

And they're awful, thoroughly unreliable, never around, no clue where to go to pick up my package when it isn't delivered (and thank jebus that my neighbors are always around to sign for my deliveries).

FREE MARKET, Y'ALL.

So what you're saying is the guy moonlights delivering packages after his paper route. lol
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#72 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

They're up in Boston and the burbs too.

#73 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

Not for $1.86-2.12 a package. I ship lots of games in bubble envelopes that range from 3-8 oz depending on the game. UPS and FedEx cannot even touch those prices. Sure, Amazon, Buy.com and NewEgg can send them UPS but they get a massive discount. It runs at minimum $10 to ship items like this outside of USPS. Under 13 oz and USPS cannot be beat. It is more competitive over 1 lb and larger but saying I have "options" is not really true.

#74 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

Not for $1.86-2.12 a package. I ship lots of games in bubble envelopes that range from 3-8 oz depending on the game. UPS and FedEx cannot even touch those prices. Sure, Amazon, Buy.com and NewEgg can send them UPS but they get a massive discount. It runs at minimum $10 to ship items like this outside of USPS. Under 13 oz and USPS cannot be beat. It is more competitive over 1 lb and larger but saying I have "options" is not really true.

Even then, USPS is still cheaper a lot of the time. A couple weeks ago, I shipped a 10-12lb package in a box larger than the Large Priority box and it was even cheaper than the flat rate box($11 compared to $17 or $18). USPS is somehow the best kept secret in shipping packages at a super low prices with great delivery times. They advertise Priority as 3 days, but most times, it's 2 freaking days. It's simply amazing.

#75 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

One thing I do hate though, buying books and having it shipped USPS. I've had two books (1 was a freaking hardback...) stuffed into mail boxes over the year. Why the hell they think that's ok is beyond me. With UPS/Fedex, they have to just leave it at the door at least. Still though, for anything else USPS is the way to go.

#76 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

One thing I do hate though, buying books and having it shipped USPS. I've had two books (1 was a freaking hardback...) stuffed into mail boxes over the year. Why the hell they think that's ok is beyond me.

You would think they would know how to handle mailboxes, since they are the only company legally allowed to put things in there.

#77 ElwoodCuse

ElwoodCuse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

FREE MARKET, Y'ALL.

I sometimes get stuff from Amazon via "Prestige". It's basically the same crap. They are awful and mishandle packages, don't deliver on time or at all, etc. I've complained to Amazon lots about them.
But when his drinking and lusting and his hunger for power became known to more and more people, the demands to do something about this outrageous man became louder and louder.

#78 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

I'll never understand systems with built-in contempt. Considering that you get good delivery service with a private carrier or USPS, respectively, it only makes sense that stuff like "SmartShip" is postal workers trying to spite them and thus why it ends up horrible. I don't think I've ever heard anything positive about hybrid services.

#79 Jruth

Jruth

No trite shit crew gamer bro

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

now we see Obamacare's future.

Haven't you figured it out yet fanboys? Your mommy can't afford both consoles! Be grateful with what you got and shut the Fuck up.

- starving African bro

#80 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

now we see Obamacare's future.

Yeah a law that the USPS has to fund 75 years of health care costs in 10 years is exactly like the affordable care act. Don't be so dense. USPS would still be turning a profit if not for this stupid law.

#81 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Don't be so dense.

Dude's from Delaware County, I'm not sure it's something he can stop doing on a dime.
Posted Image

#82 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Never understood the conservative hate for the Post Office...it's constitutionally mandated.

#83 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

Never understood the conservative hate for the Post Office...it's constitutionally mandated.

And it funds itself. Always has. People who live in mostly rural areas are going to be in a big surprise if Congress continues to kill the USPS. Having to deliver to unprofitable areas on a fixed rate all while not using taxpayer money is exactly what any American should support. Wait till people out in the sticks have to pay $8 just to send a letter because FedEx or UPS won't drive 25 miles to your house for a pickup for $0.46. But you know private business can always do things better and cheaper than the government right?

Oh God I am reading the comments on a yahoo article that the USPS lost 1.3 billion this last quarter. People are dumb.

"Hmmmm the federal government spent more than it brought in. Big surprise!! I wonder what will happen with health care? LOL"

"Let hope Congress does not see this article, they will be stealing from the Social Security fund to prop up the Postal service."

"Pension liability is slowly killing the USPS. It is simply unsustainable. The private sectors stopped pensions years ago."

Anytime someone tried to point out the problems with these comments people just voted them down. I hate people. I really do.

#84 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Why do you hate America, cancerman?

#85 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Dude's from Delaware County, I'm not sure it's something he can stop doing on a dime.

:cry: So am I...
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#86 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Why do you hate America, cancerman?

America started it.

#87 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Never understood the conservative hate

Story of my life.
Posted Image

#88 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

They only ever care about the Constitution when it suits them.
wahhhhh noone helped me so they must not help anyone. - knoell

#89 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

I firmly believe that if people like things, conservatives will hate 'em.

Batsugunner.png

#90 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

And it funds itself. Always has. People who live in mostly rural areas are going to be in a big surprise if Congress continues to kill the USPS.

Isn't this all the more reason to privatize it so that Congress cannot continue to kill it? If the USPS funds itself, and government intervention is the problem, then why do want to save it as it is? Cut out the cancer (Congress) and the USPS would flourish.