Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (12/4/11 to 12/10/11) Nintendo 3DS w/$50 Gift Card

• Please log in to reply
803 replies to this topic

#61 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

I would personally go with Skyward Sword and Halo Anniversary. Reason being that Rayman Origins is probably the more likely of the three to drop in price faster. I haven't played Skyward Sword yet so I can't speak for it but Halo Anniversary is great. 343 did a great job touching up the game and the feature where you can see the game how it was 10 years ago is pretty cool too. But yeah I'd go for Halo and Skyward Sword for $70.

Can't speak for Halo, but Skyward Sword is right now my game of the year, beating Skyrim and Arkham City, the game is soooo good. I'd get that one for sure.

#62 Cjrosa6

Cjrosa6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

He can play the original Halo. It IS the same game after all, get Rayman and SS. Unless you're going to get him Rayman after a price drop.

#63 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:09 PM

Actually, Skyward Sword is a definite. It's what he wants the most this year. So it really comes down to Halo Anniversary or Rayman Origins to go with it. He's never played the original Halo; I think I'm leaning slightly toward that.
Posted Image

#64 Cjrosa6

Cjrosa6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

You can't go wrong with a classic then.

#65 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

Actually, Skyward Sword is a definite. It's what he wants the most this year. So it really comes down to Halo Anniversary or Rayman Origins to go with it. He's never played the original Halo; I think I'm leaning slightly toward that.

Get Halo, even if it has Reach's terrible MP. The SP still lives on today.

#66 Kali

Kali

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

I just bought my daughter the rose DSi XL. Time to buy myself the Rose 3DS I suppose. At least we'll match consoles. I'll just cover it up anyway with a case for it! :D
Posted Image

#67 ttados

ttados

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:13 PM

Wait...so just to make sure, this doesn't start until next Sunday right?

Also, this will work with the skyward sword/controller bundle correct? So basically, I could get skyward sword, a controller, and mw3 for around $100?

#68 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

Woah, that's a great deal for the Rose 3DS! Hopefully I can snag one for my daughter as well as Mario Kart 7.

#69 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:15 PM

Wondering if anyone's buying anything soon, maybe I can get Skyrim for $30? I can send cash.

#70 Game_Dude_3

Game_Dude_3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:30 AM

Looks like I'll hold off on buying MW3 and pick it up alongside MK7 that week.

#71 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:41 AM

Wait...so just to make sure, this doesn't start until next Sunday right?

Also, this will work with the skyward sword/controller bundle correct? So basically, I could get skyward sword, a controller, and mw3 for around $100?

Good luck finding that LoZ bundle -- it's long gone around here.

#72 darkpice

darkpice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:46 AM

Damn you TRU for making another DS/phat/lite/xl/i/3ds bundle i have to buy. i already have the other 4 you put out this month. why must you make buy another one!!!!
Retail Store Hustler

#73 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:17 AM

going to hold off, hoping to find some good acessories

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#74 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:46 AM

The wait for a great deal for the best 3ds games continues. I figured toys r us would have had one by now. I need some new handheld games :(
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#75 unopepito06

unopepito06

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:35 AM

Yeah seriously, I wish someone would do another B1G1 free on 3ds games like Fred Meyer a month or so back. I'd love SM3DL and Zelda. And Mario Kart.

I need mgs collection too. Dammit. Too many games.

Apparently your comment was so full of rage and anger that you immediately fell asleep. That's a new level of rage.

#76 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

Well, I've been wanting to buy my wife a pink DSi XL for $169 (went to TRU when the bundle came w/ a $25 GC but of course they were sold out) but if a pink 3DS comes w/ a game for $169 and a $40 GC I guess she's getting that instead.

How did you get a flyer in the mail 2 weeks early? If TRU legitimately sent it to him I don't think he would be breakign any laws posting photos of it here. If a friend stole it from corporate HQ and mailed it to him well then...

#77 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

So the ad says Mario Kart is available now? I really wish that were true so I can pick up Mario 3D and Mario Kart.

#78 dapunisure

dapunisure

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

So the ad says Mario Kart is available now? I really wish that were true so I can pick up Mario 3D and Mario Kart.

Just got a 3ds for $99 so that is exactly what i am hoping to pick up, mario 3dland & mario kart 7.

#79 Tom Im Not

Tom Im Not

The artist formerly known as MtlTom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:00 PM

Question about the B1G1 50% off, do they let you get the same game for 2 different systems? Like say a friend & I both wanted to get MW3 but he wanted PS3 & I wanted X360?

Just wondering because I don't see the price dropping anytime soon but I don't wanna pay $60 for it.

#80 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:59 PM

If TRU legitimately sent it to him I don't think he would be breakign any laws posting photos of it here. If a friend stole it from corporate HQ and mailed it to him well then...

Posting a scan would be potential copyright infringement. The DMCA makes it easy for the copyright owner (TRU, or whoever they hire to make ads in this case) to demand such things be taken down when posted. Doesn't matter what week the ad is for, doesn't matter how he got the ad. But the facts contained in said ad can't be copyrighted, so posting the prices and deals is a-okay.

Just saying why things are the way they are, I'm not saying I agree with it, so don't go shooting the messenger. :-#

#81 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

Posting a scan would be potential copyright infringement. The DMCA makes it easy for the copyright owner (TRU, or whoever they hire to make ads in this case) to demand such things be taken down when posted. Doesn't matter what week the ad is for, doesn't matter how he got the ad. But the facts contained in said ad can't be copyrighted, so posting the prices and deals is a-okay.

Just saying why things are the way they are, I'm not saying I agree with it, so don't go shooting the messenger. :-#

Thanks for the DMCA info. I always thought it was some type of espionage crime when things get out before they wanted them to be released. After they've released the ad into the wild via a mass snail mailing I can't imagine what it is they could be protecting. From now on every Sunday morning I'm taking photos of all the flyers and posting them to FB ;-)

#82 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

New system, but such an last gen backlog still

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:25 PM

Skyrim+Skyward Sword would be tempting...

Exactly what I am buying. But for my GF for Christmas.

#83 skycat561

skycat561

Veteran Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:25 AM

well TRu has the Metallic Rose

but Gamestop appears to have Pearl Pink
http://www.gamestop....w-friends/97997

is that new?

SkyCat561.png Goozex
371569.png
Also Playing: :wiiu: Mario Kart 8, :wiiu: Sonic Lost World 

:3ds: Legend of Zelda: ALBW

#84 pdjones

pdjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:41 AM

I put MGS and Mario 3D in my cart, $96.25 total. Not only is it not B1G1 50% off, they didn't even give me free shipping? what the what.

obviously I did not bother buying any of that.

#85 person123

person123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:42 AM

I put MGS and Mario 3D in my cart, $96.25 total. Not only is it not B1G1 50% off, they didn't even give me free shipping? what the what.

obviously I did not bother buying any of that.

Pretty sure this ad is for 12/4 today is 11/28. Unless they have B1G1 50% today?

#86 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:56 AM

I'm guessing the Pearl Pink 3DSes are going to be nigh-impossible to get your hands on at TRU unless you're outside the store at opening, huh?

oIi9lub.png

#87 pdjones

pdjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:12 AM

Pretty sure this ad is for 12/4 today is 11/28. Unless they have B1G1 50% today?

doh. yeah, you're right.

#88 Magicman103

Magicman103

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:58 AM

Turns out Nintendo announced the new pink 3ds bundle today and they're calling it pearl pink. So it looks like toysrus made a mistake by calling it metallic rose.
Posted Image

Check out this link to earn some cash by doing surveys!
http://OpinionOutpost.com/join/9860393

#89 zyk

zyk

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:45 AM

3DS deals are pretty tempting...

Thinking of getting the Flame Red with SM3DL bundle then using the gift card on Ocarina of Time and paying $20 more for Mario Kart 7 since its B1G1 50% off..

$220 before taxes for a 3DS and 3 great games :hot:

#90 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:35 AM

Ooops...just realized the dates are for this coming Sunday. Cool, guess I'll pick up Mario Kart and Mario 3D Land.