The Indie Gala bundle!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3690 replies to this topic

#331 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

Oh hell 4 for 1? I may need to cave and get some gift bundles. I think I was person #11 to buy the damned thing so that should be early enough. :-P

#332 marsilies

marsilies

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

Has anyone thought about setting up group buys for this bundle? A 4x1 "gift" purchase would make the individual cost per buyer pretty low.

Also, forgot to mention that Indie Gala has created a survey to gauge how people feel about the Happy Hours. You can submit it on either Facebook or Google Docs:

http://apps.facebook...pid=AB9jcO6vprI
https://docs.google....05BeXc6MQ#gid=0

#333 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

Wow, these guys really should have just gone with a time limit. They look foolish now. Even worse this might only serve to stifle initial sales of their next bundle as people wait for the inevitable 2 and 4 for 1 desperation promos.

#334 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

I'd be interested in a group buy.

#335 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

Oh hell 4 for 1? I may need to cave and get some gift bundles. I think I was person #11 to buy the damned thing so that should be early enough. :-P

Stay strong my friend. Wait until they're giving you 10 for 1.

#336 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

Stay strong my friend. Wait until they're giving you 10 for 1.

If you're a true CAG, you'll wait for the inevitable 20 for 1 ;)

#337 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

I went in for $10 a moment ago. A few thoughts (not about the games):

• The main IndieGala page is messy and I was baffled at just what the hell I was buying. I really dislike the scrolled listing of the bundles because it actually disguises just how freaking much you get per donation tier. Imagine my surprise and delight when I looked at my games and music listing and saw all the stuff I got for my particular donation tier.
  • The bonus bundles per purchase (new and previous) is worded and displayed awkwardly and I wasn't sure what the heck they were talking about. Stranger still was the need to mark your purchase as a gift in order to get the extra bundles. I did so a moment ago and I didn't see any Steam or music links; I had to click on one of the three gift bundle links on my invoice page. Not awful, but, again, awkward.
I dislike slamming anyone regarding these kinds of promotions. I will say that at the very least this was an interesting way to market a bundle. I sincerely do hope that the conclusion of this bundle happens soon so that the next bundle offering doesn't make some of these mistakes again. I really do hope this bundle works out for them in the end.

Lastly, every game has an individual Steam key and all the music is offered in mp3 320 and FLAC. DRM-free versions of games are always cool (none here) but since I prefer Steam to corral the majority of my PC games it's no biggie to me in this case.

#338 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

I went in for 9$ a moment ago, and got 3 gifts, all with the full set of games. PM if you want one in exchange for some paypal or steam trade. I'll def! give one out for a Serious Sam 3 coupon.

#339 spree4567

spree4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

Looks like they've added Postal. Interesting choice...

#340 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

Looks like they've added Postal. Interesting choice...

I saw that but meh, it's not a Steam game. They only have the 3rd one.

I suppose free is free but if I hadn't already bought it this wouldn't be luring me in.

By the way how long are they running their bundle for? Until the end of time?

#341 unless

unless

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

By the way how long are they running their bundle for? Until the end of time?

Until they sell through 50,000 bundles. So basically, yes.

#342 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

Until they sell through 50,000 bundles. So basically, yes.

lol, actually, they've changed how it works. They've decided to abandon the 50,000 milestone and have simply gone to a countdown. There's a little more than 5 days left at the moment.

#343 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

lol, actually, they've changed how it works. They've decided to abandon the 50,000 milestone and have simply gone to a countdown. There's a little more than 5 days left at the moment.

Yeah I saw that. What a shock. :roll:

Apparently, they are promising one last big mega huge super duper bonus sale. Maybe they will give 30 copies free with the purchase of one. :-P

#344 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

Aw, I was hoping they'd keep the old 50k milestone and set a record for longest running Indie Bundle :cry:

#345 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

Indie Gala #3 is live.

Trapped Dead
Greed: Black Border
Future Wars

Pay more than $3.99 for Twin Sector and Grotesque Tactics

Steam codes for all.

http://www.indiegala.com/

#346 Snowmaru

Snowmaru

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

This one looks awful, and too soon after the last. Won't be buying unless the bonuses are incredible.

#347 blitztwn36

blitztwn36

hatersgunnahate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

Indie Gala #3 is live.

Trapped Dead
Greed: Black Border
Future Wars

Pay more than $3.99 for Twin Sector and Grotesque Tactics

Steam codes for all.

http://www.indiegala.com/

I'm normally a sucker for indie bundles - but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger for that bundle...I don't own any of the games, but the only game that looks semi-interesting to me is Future Wars. I wanted Grotesque Tactics a while ago, but the more I read, the more bad reviews I saw.

Anyone comment?

#348 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

Mediocre at best. Might toss $1 for the three games as the other two don't interest me. How do you use past gala points, anyway?

#349 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on the last Indie Gala bundle. Probably won't do it this time unless the average drops below $4. For all of these Indie Games that I barely have time to play but keep accumulating, paying above the average just to get some of these extras isn't making financial sense anymore.

#350 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

Damn. Bought it almost an hour and a half ago and I'm still waiting for the keys. They were pretty fast for me last time. I actually don't have any of these so I paid over the average or whatever that was.

#351 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:14 AM

Got mine instantly. Same account code/url as Bundle #2.

76561198014930049.png

#352 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

Yeah I have the URL to my profile but the keys aren't there. Oh well. Not like I was going to play them right this minute.

#353 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

Clear your cache then and do a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5).

76561198014930049.png

#354 :Mephistox:

:Mephistox:

Be Adequate!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

Yeah I have the URL to my profile but the keys aren't there. Oh well. Not like I was going to play them right this minute.

Make sure you click on the "Indiegala 3" link in your profile! It should extend the page to show your Steam keys for bundle 3.

#355 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:21 AM

Make sure you click on the "Indiegala 3" link in your profile! It should extend the page to show your Steam keys for bundle 3.

Yeah. Nothing there. I shot their support an email. I guess it always happens to someone so why not me. LOL.

#356 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

i have a Sideway Ny key anyone wanna trade for it? i want trapped dead or twin sector :)
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#357 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

Yeah. Nothing there. I shot their support an email. I guess it always happens to someone so why not me. LOL.

Happened to me too. Turns out I typoed my email even though the correct one is the one the paypal is tied to. *sigh*. I wrote them a couple of hours ago but nothing yet. I did file a dispute on paypal.

What a pain the ass. Humble Bundle support is usually really good at getting right back to you but not these guys.

#358 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

I bit.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#359 vherub

vherub

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

grabbed, a couple look decent

#360 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:58 AM

Kinda interested in Grotesque Tactics, but there's no way that I'm paying $4.50 to get it. According to SteamPrices.com, It's been $2.50 in the past & it'll hit that price again.

The rest of the games look like they range from mediocre to outright crap.