The Indie Gala bundle!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3690 replies to this topic

#691 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:02 AM

I have no more spots left, and happy hour is over. Dang...

Edited by Blade, 03 June 2012 - 05:51 AM.

Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#692 jazyje

jazyje

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

I have a few spots left for those interested...

#693 BitLooter

BitLooter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:07 AM

EDIT: Got it, thanks!

Edited by BitLooter, 04 June 2012 - 09:35 PM.

Try SwagBucks, where you can earn prizes just for searching the web! I have earned more than $60 Amazon credit so far, and get about $10 more each month just for using it instead of Google.

#694 Psydero

Psydero

Today you, tomorrow me.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:20 AM

Looking for a slot in a group buy. My Paypal is ready.

#695 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:44 AM

Im also in for a group buy, happy hour is on.

#696 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:53 AM

I don't usually play racing games but I'm having a lot of fun with SBK X and WCR. Props to Gala for having such a nice melange of games.

MARS

#697 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:16 AM

Props for melange. And I agree. I chuckled at no mouse support for SBKX, but I need to use my controller for that one anyway.

#698 jazyje

jazyje

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

I still have spots available -- PM if you want a bundle!

#699 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:09 PM

Thanks for this, bought it!

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

Wanna try League of Legends? Try it out here!: http://bit.ly/1uEevsK

#700 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

gone

Edited by volt1up, 05 June 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#701 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

Looks like they added the music. The list is as follows:

Baron Von Luxxury - 'The Last Seduction'
Losers Come From Above - 'Biggest Failure of All Time'
Electric Children - 'You Are'
DJ Cutman - 'Poweglove'
DJ Cutman - 'Deadmau5

Anybody who bought a BTA bundle should now have access to this music on their download page.

#702 jazyje

jazyje

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

Still have copies of the bundles left!!!

#703 BoringPat

BoringPat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

Anyone else hosting a group buy?

#704 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

Anyone else hosting a group buy?

Do you need another copy of the bundle? I could buy one more 4-pack if there's still a need.

#705 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

FYI Baron's pdf is NSFW

#706 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

I have some copies of the bundles, too, if anyone still needs.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#707 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

Well if Slim Gatsby still has a few bundles to unload, people should just go to him instead. I was only offering to buy another 4-pack in the event that all other sources of group buys dried up.

#708 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

Quick questions on the Paypal thing as I have only used it to pay someone once and I gather the idea is to avoid paying fees.

It looks like there are no fees to send money to someone if you use your cash balance or bank account. Does the recipient care/need to care if my money is coming from one or the other as long as it is not coming from a credit/debit card? Do I need to care?

Does everyone use the Gift option on the Personal tab when sending money to a bundle host?

#709 kintanos

kintanos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

Quick questions on the Paypal thing as I have only used it to pay someone once and I gather the idea is to avoid paying fees.

It looks like there are no fees to send money to someone if you use your cash balance or bank account. Does the recipient care/need to care if my money is coming from one or the other as long as it is not coming from a credit/debit card? Do I need to care?

Does everyone use the Gift option on the Personal tab when sending money to a bundle host?

There are no fees regardless of how you pay when you send money. The recipient is the one who gets charged a fee. Buyer is never charged unless the buyer opts to pay the fee, but I'm not sure what methods cause it to show up (maybe need to be invoiced?).

But in order for no fees to occur, you are correct with the direct funds or bank account. Although you would also need to use the personal tab as well. Using the non-personal tab would still incur a fee for the recipient regardless of how it is funded. So for your question, it does not matter which way you fund it, as long as you don't use a credit/debit card and choose personal.

Although I'm not sure how or what is acceptable here when hosting a bundle like this.

#710 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

We always do bank funds or paypal balance gifted to a person. That is the only way to avoid any fees. If it is a purchase of something from one person to another (as opposed to a group buy) then the appropriate thing would be to send it as a payment and the recipient incur fees as part of the cost of doing business, but I'm sure Paypal would probably want fees for everything event he group buys.

Another consideration is to only do personal with people with goodr atings as personal transactions don't have the same paypal protection.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#711 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

There are no fees regardless of how you pay when you send money. The recipient is the one who gets charged a fee. Buyer is never charged unless the buyer opts to pay the fee, but I'm not sure what methods cause it to show up (maybe need to be invoiced?).

But in order for no fees to occur, you are correct with the direct funds or bank account. Although you would also need to use the personal tab as well. Using the non-personal tab would still incur a fee for the recipient regardless of how it is funded. So for your question, it does not matter which way you fund it, as long as you don't use a credit/debit card and choose personal.

Although I'm not sure how or what is acceptable here when hosting a bundle like this.

We always do bank funds or paypal balance gifted to a person. That is the only way to avoid any fees. If it is a purchase of something from one person to another (as opposed to a group buy) then the appropriate thing would be to send it as a payment and the recipient incur fees as part of the cost of doing business, but I'm sure Paypal would probably want fees for everything event he group buys.

Another consideration is to only do personal with people with goodr atings as personal transactions don't have the same paypal protection.

Thanks for the responses. I wanted to make sure I understood the process before getting in on a group buy when I don't have a paypal balance. I don't want to pay fees and I'm sure no seller wants to pay them either just because they offered to host a group buy.

#712 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

Thanks for the responses. I wanted to make sure I understood the process before getting in on a group buy when I don't have a paypal balance. I don't want to pay fees and I'm sure no seller wants to pay them either just because they offered to host a group buy.

No problem. It's a relatively easy process once you get the hang of it. You can either transfer money to your paypal account and keep a balance, or just transfer directly from your bank account everytime you gift. For Amazon group buys I always offer the host the option of sending them an Amazon e-gift card in advance so they can apply it to their account and use it towards the group buy without coming out of pocket. So some people are more flexible with options.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#713 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

I personally charge a higher amount because not many people are familiar with how the payment options work and I sometimes come out losing money when I host. I feel like these responses should be noted somewhere so group hosts don't get charged more for being helpful. ;)
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#714 jazyje

jazyje

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:40 PM

I still have bundles available -- PM if you want one!

#715 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

I still have bundles available -- PM if you want one!

What is your price?

#716 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

I don't remember all the situations but sometimes I get an extra cost to me using paypal and sometimes not.

I'm pretty sure paying with the gift option when it's not really a gift breaks the user agreement, and you have no recourse if trades go bad.

#717 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

I still have a few left, get at me
Posted ImagePosted Image

#718 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

I have a couple full bundles for 1.65 gifted PP

#719 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:59 AM

...I'm pretty sure paying with the gift option when it's not really a gift breaks the user agreement, and you have no recourse if trades go bad.

PayPal's "Payment Owed" option (also fee-free) covers "things like reimbursing a friend for your share of a restaurant check"

IMO, group buys fall under that category as opposed to everyday commerce. So I'm OK using that or "Gift".

#720 BoringPat

BoringPat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

Now that the indiegala V is coming to a close, what do you guys think of this bundle?

To me, it is a very enjoyable bundle. Especially Puzzle Kingdoms and Ninja Blade. Ninja Blade is very good consider the bundle's price. Beat Hazard turns out to be a very decent twin stick shooter.

btw, I am looking for a bundle for my bro, any has a spare to sell please pm me?