The Indie Gala bundle!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3690 replies to this topic

#61 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:51 AM

Saira is a great little atmospheric and lonely side-scrolling adventure game from Nifflas, the developer of Knytt, one of the most revered freeware side-scrollers this side of Cave Story. i picked it up during the summer sale, and I definitely recommend picking up this bundle to grab it.

http://nifflas.ni2.se/?page=Knytt

Glad to hear it. It's the main reason I bought this bundle. I can't wait to play it. You know, after finishing the other 97 games that I bought in bundles in the last two months.

#62 paulcalypse

paulcalypse

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:53 AM

These damn bundles keep coming. They seriously need to slow down, because I haven't played more than two games from the last four bundles or so.

I can't afford not to buy this though...

TyranitarJr.png

#63 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:05 AM

The more bundles there are, the less I want to pay for any one of them.

#64 eagles5769

eagles5769

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:15 AM

The more bundles there are, the less I want to pay for any one of them.

I feel the same way. I think I'm gonna sit this one out, it's not like I was going to donate much anyways. I'll just get the indie bundles that have games I'm really interested in or have high ratings. Humble bundles have been pretty good as far as quality games I think though.

#65 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:34 AM

Indie games

Glad you stopped by with your inexplicable contrarian attitude. You don't like indie games because you feel that they are pretentious and too readily revered by self-important gamers, like the game industry equivalent of Beat generation writers. You feel you are just in feeling this way because you have been burned by too many of them in the past. I know, I know. You say it in every so-called 'indie game' thread.

The single and most gaping failing in the logic which leads you to the conclusion that all indie games are the bane of your existence is that they aren't a group of people of any kind. They are simply under-funded coders. They don't share ideals, concepts, or values. They are as disparate a group of people within the game industry as there is outside of gamers themselves, hands-down.

I don't like lots of indie games either. But I'm not so - let's be frank here - stupid that I believe that indie games as a so-called medium are something I have no taste for. Surely you've seen a bad movie before. Does that mean you don't watch movies anymore? The jump in logic here is as small as a crack in the pavement.

Keep your unwarranted negativity to yourself. Most of the time you're at least saying "I did not enjoy this game." This time you're just saying "I do not enjoy games." What the Fuck are you doing in this thread then? For a couple of months I respected your opinion, even if I am much more likely to enjoy myself when playing a game than you and, as such, found no value in it. Now I just think you run your mouth too much.

#66 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:47 AM

Actually I was just hoping to show up and growl indie games in such an arbitrary and dismissive manner as to be humorous rather than making a statement, hoping you all could imagine a snarling basement dweller hissing, shaking his fist at some constructed hate target of his own imagination and hopefully bring a smile to the thread-goers who often express exasperation at my constant presence. Sort of playing up the persona for yuks.

But, uh, yeah.

#67 Bioterror

Bioterror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:56 AM

Do these games work on Macs?

Is this part of the humble indie bundles?

#68 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:57 AM

Actually I was just hoping to show up and growl indie games in such an arbitrary and dismissive manner as to be humorous rather than making a statement, hoping you all could imagine a snarling basement dweller hissing, shaking his fist at some constructed hate target of his own imagination and hopefully bring a smile to the thread-goers who often express exasperation at my constant presence. Sort of playing up the persona for yuks.

But, uh, yeah.

So because people dislike how often you jump into threads and talk down about indie games, you decided to be humorous by jumping into a thread about indie games with the intent of creating a random post that would allow us to imagine essentially what you always do?

How was that supposed to be humorous?

#69 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:58 AM

I thought it was funny when I first read it - "LOL, RollingSkull loooooves indie games". But now that I think about it, it really depressed me. Or maybe that was my life, in which I care too much about internet forums dedicated to discussing video games. Crap.

#70 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:01 AM

I would suggest checking your junk folder in case you are still waiting on the email from them and it has been a considerable time. I was wondering why it was taking so long and after I checked my junk folder I soon realized that I hate hotmail...

#71 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:08 AM

It's working for me, just bought. Zombie Shooter 2 looks fun.

#72 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:16 AM

How did you guys all pay for this? I don't really want to use an Italian Paypal site, but I don't really want to use my credit card either.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#73 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:19 AM

How did you guys all pay for this? I don't really want to use an Italian Paypal site, but I don't really want to use my credit card either.

It's paypal. The recipients are Italian. Paypal is still paypal.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#74 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:25 AM

It's paypal. The recipients are Italian. Paypal is still paypal.

Grazie. Lo ho comprato. Aspettando il mio email.

#75 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:25 AM

What fees?

The Really Big Bundle

Total amount:
-$2.99 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
-$2.99 USD

Funding Type:
Credit Card
Funding Source:
$2.99 USD - Visa Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *DESURA".

---

The Indie Gala

Total amount:
-$5.00 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
-$5.00 USD

Funding Type:
Credit Card
Funding Source:
$5.00 USD - Visa Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *INDIEGALASR".

I don't see any fees.

It's not going to show up in the email receipt. It may depend on what type of card is used, but people were most definitely hit by fees. They're based in the AU, so I got hit with a .02 cent CBA fee for the last Indie Royale bundle, but I only paid $3.

#76 UnrealZero

UnrealZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:29 AM

Takes forever to get the codes :[

#77 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

Takes forever to get the codes :[

Took about 20 minutes from time I posted after buying untill my codes just arrived...

#78 lurkingsalt

lurkingsalt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:41 AM

Donated around 5 bucks. I feel like the average is kinda low but to each their own I guess. Not in any rush for the codes as I've got more Skyrim to play. Thanks OP for the thread.

#79 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:47 AM

Been 21 mins for me, still no codes. I'll give it to the end of Seinfeld, then go to sleep.

#80 Saintdante

Saintdante

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:49 AM

Donated 5 bucks got my codes fairly fast I'd say about 1 minute after my donation. Thanks for the heads up.

#81 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:51 AM

Bought the bundle, said thank you for your purchase. No e-mail from paypal or them yet. Been about 5 minutes.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#82 forbiddenx

forbiddenx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:55 AM

Jut got the bundle too!
Posted Image

#83 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:55 AM

I got my Paypal confirmation, so that's good at least. Still no codes.

#84 supersizerice

supersizerice

Rick my barrs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:04 AM

Had to check my spam for the keys email. I like how they have separate keys for each of the games.

#85 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:49 AM

I also donated $5 and got my email pretty quickly. I'm also glad they give separate Steam codes (though in this case I don't have any duplicates I've already bought). I made my donation lean more toward charity. I look forward to trying these games out soon!

#86 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:57 AM

Jesus, took an hour to even get my fucking paypal notice. Plus I got my keys now. So that's good at least. I don't like how it's only Steam Codes and it's all through e-mail. I would rather at least a specific page to get my Steam Keys but oh well.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#87 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:02 AM

Been 21 mins for me, still no codes. I'll give it to the end of Seinfeld, then go to sleep.

mine was filtered as spam, so check your spam folder...

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#88 DietPoopSoda

DietPoopSoda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:03 AM

Had to check my spam for the keys email. I like how they have separate keys for each of the games.

This. I didn't realize I got the email, then I checked my spam. All the keys were there.

#89 Honeybaked Ham

Honeybaked Ham

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:07 AM

mine was filtered as spam, so check your spam folder...

Same here and I actually got my codes before my paypal payment went through. It still hasn't gone through and its been about an hour. I got my codes after about 20 minutes.

edit: Just received ppaypal email, payment went through.

#90 unless

unless

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:08 AM

The minute I saw your post in this thread, the Imperial March started playing in my head. It was terrific.

Edited by unless, 06 December 2011 - 08:34 AM.