The Indie Gala bundle!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3690 replies to this topic

#1591 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

Just checked and apparently I can buy more than one of these bundles at the BTA price of $3.99.

So if anyone wants it, just PM and I'll be your conduit.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1592 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

IndieGala introduces the rather convoluted GalaGiveaways.
Posted Image

#1593 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

They really need a filter. Or I just have too much shit. Actually I do have too much shit, but they still need a filter.

As for complicated you expected any less? These are the people who created the happy hour gifting bundle system that requires a degree in nuclear physics to figure out.

#1594 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

So i decided to check it out. Put up a couple of my old leftover keys for givaway. Rather quickly chewed through 50k points on bids for the next few days.

Already won a Rome Total war + Expansion key.

All seems legit.

I dont see it getting too much use after a while. I auctioned a cave story key, 1000 bid, 70 bidders. I made less than 300 points from it, barely enough to bid on something else. Its going to crash big time. When there is steam gift trading sites out there, this isnt going to hold up, especially as most things give you a 1 in 100 to 1 in 1000 odds of winning.

#1595 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

I auctioned a cave story key, 1000 bid, 70 bidders. I made less than 300 points from it, barely enough to bid on something else.

Why only 300 points? From their FAQ I would have thought it you would get around 4500 points.

1000 + (1000 * 0.05 * 70) = 4500

#1596 tolhurst

tolhurst

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

I never got around to buying Indie Gala 11 so if somebody bought extras during happy hour and needs an earlier one 7-9 (I may have an extra 10 also) ill do an even straight up trade

#1597 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

I never got around to buying Indie Gala 11 so if somebody bought extras during happy hour and needs an earlier one 7-9 (I may have an extra 10 also) ill do an even straight up trade

I have one, may I have the 10th one? I love the 1c bundle.

#1598 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Why only 300 points? From their FAQ I would have thought it you would get around 4500 points.

1000 + (1000 * 0.05 * 70) = 4500

typo, i meant 3000.

Now i have some russian who won a givaway from me, who wont give feedback, so all my points are locked, yet he has redeemed the key.

hes an Asshole

#1599 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

typo, i meant 3000.

Now i have some russian who won a givaway from me, who wont give feedback, so all my points are locked, yet he has redeemed the key.

hes an Asshole

Oh joy. I can see this service is going to be a real winner.

Also, Russians. It's always the Russians. :-P

mdUFwSE.png

#1600 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

typo, i meant 3000.

hes an Asshole

My reservations against using the new Indiegala Gift Giveaway have been confirmed. Also got tired of Steamgifts too. (always found it ironic when someone was giving away indie keys and setting a minimum $2000 contribution to enter for a 20 cent game lol.)
/endrant
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#1601 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

My reservations against using the new Indiegala Gift Giveaway have been confirmed. Also got tired of Steamgifts too. (always found it ironic when someone was giving away indie keys and setting a minimum $2000 contribution to enter for a 20 cent game lol.)
/endrant

Oh crap.

Well i just found out that this site gives your email address out to anyone who wins your giveaways, or any that you win.

So my email address just got handed out by them to a Russian with over 2000 steam games. Glad i used a throw away email addy, but this is serious bad juju.

They just updated their privacy policy and ToS to reflect this, but its too late for anyone that already signed up.

Im emailing them now to insist they remove my email address from their database. Complete bullshit. Why would they need to hand over your email address to people. They could have the keys sent through the site, or straight as a steam gift. This is seriously dodgy.

#1602 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Im emailing them now to insist they remove my email address from their database. Complete bullshit. Why would they need to hand over your email address to people. They could have the keys sent through the site, or straight as a steam gift. This is seriously dodgy.

I think steamgifts does this as well. It's not some new thing that Indiegala thought of.

#1603 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

I think steamgifts does this as well. It's not some new thing that Indiegala thought of.

Ive never used steamgifts. If they had been upfront about handing out your email address to anybody i wouldn't have signed up for it tbh. Its the fact they added a privacy policy and a ToS after the majority of users were signed up.

In the last few hours, they have changed the way giveaways generate points TWICE. The first change screwed over anyone who has given away something in the last few days or had a high priced giveaway currently running, and this new changes gives new giveaways even more points.

Giveaways today have dropped off to almost nothing. The few that are coming up only really reward you for pricing in the 10k point region, and this means that almost all games have 100-400 bids. Good luck winning anything now.

#1604 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Uh.. It says that I have 209k GA points. This can't possibly be right, can it?
Posted Image

#1605 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

They give you an amount of points based on how many games you have on Steam. I got around 750k, so I think it's 1,000 per game.

#1606 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Sounds about right. Its based on the value of your account.

100 points = $1 (how they originally valued it, dunno if they have changed that yet, they changed everything else :P)

Edit: They must have changed that again. its now saying accounts are worth more than they were when i signed up.

#1607 sunasun

sunasun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

They give you an amount of points based on how many games you have on Steam. I got around 750k, so I think it's 1,000 per game.

mine is only 10K so not sure if it's based on how many. I have about 450 games.

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#1608 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

I have almost a million Gala Giveaway points. Yes I have way too many damned games.

mdUFwSE.png

#1609 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

I have almost a million Gala Giveaway points. Yes I have way too many damned games.

With all the posting you do here (and presumably elsewhere), do you have much time left to actually play your games? I'm genuinely curious...

#1610 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

You guys keep bumping the thread and make me think a new Indie Gala bundle went live.. but nope, the new discussion is about their crappy giveaway site :cry:

#1611 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Your GW points [1,121,642]

Ugh.

#1612 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

With all the posting you do here (and presumably elsewhere), do you have much time left to actually play your games? I'm genuinely curious...

No. :-P

Actually there tend to be certain games like Skyrim, Civ V, Sims 3, Tropico 4 etc that suck me in for hours and hours and hours of play. But then the rest I just kind of look at and go 'Hmm, yeah, I really should play that someday...'

Your GW points [1,121,642]

Ugh.

I want to see AnarchyOblivion's GW points.

mdUFwSE.png

#1613 sunasun

sunasun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

hmm, now mine's stuck on verification process. anyone else have this problem?

#1614 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

*sigh*, as i feared may happen, im getting multiple login attempts with someone trying to guess my password on steam. I thought i used a trash throw away email, but i guess i didnt. I have 2 things on the email, Giveaways and Steam, so im confident its related to galagiveaways.

The IP address steamguard is giving me is a Russian IP address, and i just had an issue with a Russian member winning one of my auctions, Galagiveaways giving him my email address and refusing to communicate and then him spamming my inbox with russian crap.

From the bottom of my heart guys, stay away from this site. I now have to move my steam account to a new email address just to be safe.

Edit: just as i finish typing that, im now getting log in attempts/password reset requests for the email account i used.

#1615 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

*sigh*, as i feared may happen, im getting multiple login attempts with someone trying to guess my password on steam. I thought i used a trash throw away email, but i guess i didnt. I have 2 things on the email, Giveaways and Steam, so im confident its related to galagiveaways.

The IP address steamguard is giving me is a Russian IP address, and i just had an issue with a Russian member winning one of my auctions, Galagiveaways giving him my email address and refusing to communicate and then him spamming my inbox with russian crap.

From the bottom of my heart guys, stay away from this site. I now have to move my steam account to a new email address just to be safe.

Edit: just as i finish typing that, im now getting log in attempts/password reset requests for the email account i used.

That's pretty shitty. I think I'll let my 250k points sit quietly forever. Glad nothing too bad has happened, at least.

#1616 sunasun

sunasun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Fuck that, I think I'm done with these giveaway sites. It's safer just to giveaway on here. :bouncy:

#1617 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

The "Query account by email address" emails are from other people trying to redeem a used code to their Steam Account and hitting the support button.
If you're getting that, it might be other people trying to get it. If you do online Twitter code drops you'll get that a lot.

#1618 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

That is messed up.

#1619 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

This is why I don't bother with Steamgifts and other such sites.

#1620 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

The "Query account by email address" emails are from other people trying to redeem a used code to their Steam Account and hitting the support button.
If you're getting that, it might be other people trying to get it. If you do online Twitter code drops you'll get that a lot.

Its not those, its login attempts. "you have tried to log in too many times, please wait 15 mins" etc.

Followed by password reset attempts, then the same on my email.