The Indie Gala bundle!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3690 replies to this topic

#1771 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• Silenced

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

if i already have Trine in my Steam library. Can I add Trine again (from this Indie Gala bundle) and will it appear in my 'gifts' catalogue?

No. You do not get giftable copies. If you want to gift or trade Trine you have to send the person the key and they have to activate it on their steam account.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1772 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

No. There are only a few games which will do that, and as far as I am aware, Trine isn't one of them.

No. You do not get giftable copies. If you want to gift or trade Trine you have to send the person the key and they have to activate it on their steam account.

thanks guys. guess will have to give those keys away directly.

#1773 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Deponia is actually a really good adventure game. How's Cities in Motion?

#1774 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Deponia is actually a really good adventure game. How's Cities in Motion?

Decent if you liked Transport Tycoon.

#1775 Miranda

Miranda

about.me/adnarim

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

They're doing another happy hour.

#1776 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Anyone still offering group buys? Fox, did you still have spots open? I figure I may as well buy in to finally own Painkiller Black.

#1777 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• Silenced

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Yep, I still have some left.

#1778 shrinerr

shrinerr

Now whatcha gon' do wit it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

IG site has been redesigned. Looks real nice. If you haven't been there in a while, go to your profile page and check if there are any keys you haven't yet redeemed.

Sorry to get anyone's hopes up for a new bundle :)

#1779 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Redesigned and, at this point, none of my gift links appear to be able to open. The home page doesn't either, though.

#1780 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

It's a nice redesign. But I kinda wish they'd tabulate it all together like Humble Bundle. One gargantuan list.

#1781 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

Indie Gala are on to CheapLikeAFox ;)

#1782 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

Indie Gala are on to CheapLikeAFox ;)

The jig is up!

Also, the site redesign and new profile pages are nice but they're wasting way too much space. It's all spread out.

#1783 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• Silenced

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

lol... I saw their stats when IG Magicka ended and some people gifted 1000+ bundles. I wasn't even in the top ten this time. Honestly didn't think this last bundle was their best, but maybe the demand was high.

They've been threatening removing HH for a while, but IMO their site would lose any edge or difference compared to other bundle sites once they do that.

#1784 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

lol... I saw their stats when IG Magicka ended and some people gifted 1000+ bundles. I wasn't even in the top ten this time. Honestly didn't think this last bundle was their best, but maybe the demand was high.

They've been threatening removing HH for a while, but IMO their site would lose any edge or difference compared to other bundle sites once they do that.

It would before I joined your happy hour ...hic. I tended to skip most IGs -- only picking up the ones that appealed to me, e.g. I happily laid down $5-6 for the IG with Titan Quest and slid the slider for Able Gamers way over. That said, I passed on most of them as not worth it to me at full price. In contrast I've only passed on Humble Bundle's Mojam bundle (it was short and I was damn busy and the fact that the games didn't exist yet was too much for me at the time, and the recent Tim Schafer prototype thing). I've also passed on most IRs.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1785 LoneGhost

LoneGhost

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

Agreed. I can't honestly imagine purchasing their bundles for the six or so dollars they want for BTA when for the same price HiB always, and Groupees mostly (and generally cheaper to boot?), beat their selection tenfold. I'm not trying to suggest some of their bundles are fodder, but c'mon, in comparison...

Spoiler

#1786 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

I can't honestly imagine purchasing their bundles for the six or so dollars they want for BTA

Same here. I will probably never touch the most of their games, but I can justify paying <$2 for a bundle. At $5+ price point it isn't a deal for me.

#1787 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

If they get rid of happy hour, I would have only purchased 1 of their bundles. Everything else was just a cheap pick up that I'd probably never play or buy in the first place.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Azure Striker Gunvolt, :360: N/A, :ps3: N/A, :ps4: Diablo 3, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#1788 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• Silenced

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Well, the latest news after people tweeted to them about it is that they say happy hour will be not be gone but they need to find a way to limit what they call "suspicious" users who bought more than 300 bundles. Someone asked them what was wrong with buying a lot and don't they encourage it, but they ignored that. Someone else asked them if they couldn't just limit the number of bundles that could be purchased by each account which were my thoughts on the "problem." Just limit it to x per account.

TBH it's sort of whining about nothing. They already manually manipulate pricing during happy hour so that it goes up and doesn't actually reflect the average.

They also announced next bundle will include 7 Steam games with 79 Metacritic average and some DRM Free "gems."

#1789 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Someone else asked them if they couldn't just limit the number of bundles that could be purchased by each account which were my thoughts on the "problem." Just limit it to x per account.

The same person can always open multiple accounts. There's no way for them to limit HH: either they keep it (possibly with reduced bonsuses) or scrap it. Basically they just don't want people undercutting them: I know I've skipped purchasing a couple of IG bundles because I could buy them cheaper from you. On the other hand, it's most likely I would have skipped buying the IG bundle completely if I couldn't get it cheap (for example, I only wanted Deponia from the last one since I already had everything else, but I sure wasn't going to pay over $5 for it), so it's really a toss-up whether HH actually hurts or benefits them in the end.

#1790 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Ultimately it would probably hurt their sales. Only full bundle I got from them was the one with a bunch of 1C games (courtesy of Fox!). On another instance I bought in at the $1 level to grab Fortix 2 and a casual time killer of a game called Critical Mass.

#1791 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

Of the ~dozen bundles or so, I've really only picked them up as filler for the ~$2 it cost. I've played 2 games, of the ~40-50 they've released, extensively. Zombie Shooter and the King's Bounty games. If these bundles cost any more than ~$2 I guarantee you I wouldn't have bought them.

Sounds like they are too big for their britches and biting the hand that feeds them. Considering their absolutely shit profile page, in comparison to the rest of the bundle pages, and their damn near complete lack of customer support, I'm surprised they stuck around this long. When you start making broad, generalizing public statements against the largest purchasers of your pathetic bundles, it's time to rethink your pr and possibly think of a solution privately.

76561198014930049.png

#1792 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Once I saw how relatively worthless the gala points were, I didn't see the point of not buying into someone's HH buy. If they find a better incentive for building your own collection, I might reconsider my strategery.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#1793 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• Silenced

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Once I saw how relatively worthless the gala points were, I didn't see the point of not buying into someone's HH buy. If they find a better incentive for building your own collection, I might reconsider my strategery.

http://pressthebutto...a545f6cd970c-pi

#1794 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

http://www.indiegala.com/?=colossus

Live! :D

and a new "mini" bundle.
http://store.indiega...les-bundle.html

#1795 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

God, the new site design is horrible. Just awful in every sense of the word.

Is it punishment for people who bought a lot of 4-packs during HH?

#1796 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

http://www.indiegala.com/?=colossus

Live! :D

and a new "mini" bundle.
http://store.indiega...les-bundle.html

All I'm seeing is the page that stated that the Magicka bundle was over. I tried clearing my cache, and tried using a different browser, but I can't get anything other than the "magicka bundle is over" page. Am I the only one? Or did they take down the page?

EDIT: Never mind. I finally got it to load. Looks like another pass on this bundle for me.

#1797 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

So far I've got everything except Talisman (which actually looks like it might be worth a dollar) and Demigod (which I'm not interested in). We'll see what the "unlocks" will bring.

No mention of happy hour on the page or if an happy hour will be. Though there is something at the bottom about "gift packs"...

#1798 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

These all look like repeats from other bundles, save Demigod.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#1799 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

Bleh 3 DRM free games. And by DRM free I'm not talking tied to your account here, I'm talking Indie Gala giving you a link to the game on Dropbox and calling it good. It doesn't feel a hell of a lot different than just torrenting the games.

steam_sig.png

#1800 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

Hmmm - Demigod looks pretty sweet, but that's all that strikes my fancy.