The Indie Gala bundle!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3690 replies to this topic

#1801 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

Demigod is the only want I want and unfortunately, I'm not willing to deal with selling the rest off just to keep Demigod.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1802 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Demigod is just a mediocre DOTA ripoff.

#1803 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hmm. Already got everything listed in the $5+ area, already got Darwinia from the earlier area, and don't give a shit about everything else listed except Talisman. Talisman's on Greenlight and theoretically may end up on Steam, and even in the event it doesn't I'd still like to mess with it.

Not sure if I just wanna throw a dollar at them for Talisman or hold out and see if a happy hour happens and whatever the final game is. Probably would be safe just doing a dollar for Talisman. Probably.

#1804 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

I just got a new laptop that can actually play games (finally!) so this is a great bundle/deal to get me started.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#1805 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hmm. Already got everything listed in the $5+ area, already got Darwinia from the earlier area, and don't give a shit about everything else listed except Talisman. Talisman's on Greenlight and theoretically may end up on Steam, and even in the event it doesn't I'd still like to mess with it.

Not sure if I just wanna throw a dollar at them for Talisman or hold out and see if a happy hour happens and whatever the final game is. Probably would be safe just doing a dollar for Talisman. Probably.

Unless you fear that you might forget about the bundle if you don't buy now, I'd wait. If you really only want one game in the $1 tier, there's no penalty for waiting. It'll still only be $1 two weeks from now. So you might as well hold off and see if the bonus game is worth going in for a Happy Hour group-buy.

That said, I don't hold out too much hope that the bonus game will be all that great. With a regular bundle line-up as weak as this, it's hard to imagine that they'd be holding back something really good as the bonus game. If it were anything really good, they'd have it in the main bundle as something to shore up the bundle and they'd leave one of the Introversion tech demos as the bonus.

Edited by The End, 14 February 2013 - 03:50 PM.
spelling

#1806 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

Demigod is the only want I want and unfortunately, I'm not willing to deal with selling the rest off just to keep Demigod.

I already have/have yet to play a physical copy of Demigod, so if there's a Happy Hour, I'll trade that off to someone (or just give it away, I don't really care).

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#1807 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

I already have/have yet to play a physical copy of Demigod,

Me too, but I got mine used, and I have a suspicion I SOL'd myself because of the key, so I shouldn't offer it up.

Passing on this bundle, in any case.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#1808 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

Sort of an update on the HH situation:

@find_eureka We can't explain in public which kind of behavior is , but the problem is NOT buying many gifts. Anyway we found a solution.

I found it odd some people were suddenly buying up 1000+ bundles, wonder if some people found a glitch or way to steal bundles?

#1809 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

Sort of an update on the HH situation:

@find_eureka We can't explain in public which kind of behavior is , but the problem is NOT buying many gifts. Anyway we found a solution.

I found it odd some people were suddenly buying up 1000+ bundles, wonder if some people found a glitch or way to steal bundles?

Or maybe now that I think about it. Stolen PayPal account, then you buy a shitload of bundles, view and copy all the keys and then they get robbed?

#1810 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

I personally haven't bought the indiegala bundle since #2. I don't usually like their idea of quantity over quality. I did buy this one for a dollar though....I am a boardgamegeek and it looks like fun.

#1811 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

For the record, I tried to overlook my hatred of it earlier, but Talisman just blows. It's a decent solo fantasy adventure board game but your movement is 100% determined by die rolls, so if your objective is on one spot, you're going to spend a half an hour always shooting one or two pips past it
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1812 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

For the record, I tried to overlook my hatred of it earlier, but Talisman just blows. It's a decent solo fantasy adventure board game but your movement is 100% determined by die rolls, so if your objective is on one spot, you're going to spend a half an hour always shooting one or two pips past it

Well, shoot. That's the one game I was interested in. Still, for a buck...

#1813 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:13 AM

Well, shoot. That's the one game I was interested in. Still, for a buck...

For a buck you could do worse but there's also just no real strategy to it either. Throw dice at monsters. Roll to walk somewhere. The board is a giant ring so you try to walk in one direction or another toward your objective. Can't get there so just walk somewhere close. Land in a space. Draw a card. If it's a monster, throw dice at it. If it's not, collect it to throw bigger dice at the next monster (Or smaller dice if misfortune). Repeat forever.

I think part of the problem is the solo questing. The main game, near as I can tell, used the concentric rings and the ultimate goal in the center to create a couple of paths inward. It wasn't really HUGELY better but it let you have some flexibility when the wayward dice don't let you go where you want.

At least in Fighting Fantasy gamebooks there you fail in battle against a monster or you didn't get the macguffin thirty pages back and the final boss eats your lunch. Here it's just the epic tale of the guy who walks everywhere but where he needs to go and has such huge dice but no boss to throw them at.

Maybe consider it when the proper board game is delivered but even then...
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1814 GreatDoink

GreatDoink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:48 AM

Just wanted to give everyone a quick review of Demigod. I played a good amount of Demigod when it first came out (I own it on Impulse... blech). Honestly, at this point, it is not worth it. It had a ton of potential, but the devs and the community gave up on it.

Each champ could have different builds, so even though there only 10 champions, they could be played in very different ways. More so than your average DOTA game which uses item builds to that effect. Also, there is no denying that the graphics were above anything else in the DOTA genre and still hold up quite nicely today. Many of the demigods, like the Rook or Regulus, actually change appearance slightly as you level up different trees, giving the game a unique look.

However, the fact is that this is a multiplayer heavy game. Even a bad DOTA player (ie, someone who never played before) will master the computer battles within a few sessions tops. And, even if the game gets a shot in the arm from this sale, the longevity of the game is simply not there. There are too few demigods to use and too few players to play against. Unfortunately this game came out right around when the DOTA games were coming out (Heroes of Newerth, League of Legends) and was the unpopular choice of the three. I'm not sure if the devs left because the community wasn't there or if the community left because the devs simply did not pump out the content like the other games of genre. Only two additional demigods ever got released and that was the extent of the content released post launch. Very depressing for what seemed to be an awesome title.

If you are looking to play some DOTA games, League of Legends and DOTA 2 are (or will be) free. Both are a lot better options than Demigod at this time. One word of advice - everyone is a dick to you in these games, so just ignore everyone. Or have some fun with real like friends.

sig.gif 

#1815 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

Just wanted to give everyone a quick review of Demigod. I played a good amount of Demigod when it first came out (I own it on Impulse... blech). Honestly, at this point, it is not worth it. It had a ton of potential, but the devs and the community gave up on it.

Each champ could have different builds, so even though there only 10 champions, they could be played in very different ways. More so than your average DOTA game which uses item builds to that effect. Also, there is no denying that the graphics were above anything else in the DOTA genre and still hold up quite nicely today. Many of the demigods, like the Rook or Regulus, actually change appearance slightly as you level up different trees, giving the game a unique look.

However, the fact is that this is a multiplayer heavy game. Even a bad DOTA player (ie, someone who never played before) will master the computer battles within a few sessions tops. And, even if the game gets a shot in the arm from this sale, the longevity of the game is simply not there. There are too few demigods to use and too few players to play against. Unfortunately this game came out right around when the DOTA games were coming out (Heroes of Newerth, League of Legends) and was the unpopular choice of the three. I'm not sure if the devs left because the community wasn't there or if the community left because the devs simply did not pump out the content like the other games of genre. Only two additional demigods ever got released and that was the extent of the content released post launch. Very depressing for what seemed to be an awesome title.

If you are looking to play some DOTA games, League of Legends and DOTA 2 are (or will be) free. Both are a lot better options than Demigod at this time. One word of advice - everyone is a dick to you in these games, so just ignore everyone. Or have some fun with real like friends.

Unfortunately this is one of the games that was ruined by piracy.

http://www.joystiq.c...nch-better-now/

#1816 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

I remember reading about that years ago. I didn't connect the dots. That was also after the Spore fiasco and large internet backlash against Spore DRM. I generally avoid multiplayer with completely random anonymous people (where as I'm up for trying multiplayer with CAGs I don't (yet) know)

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1817 GreatDoink

GreatDoink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

Ah yes, I forgot about that fiasco. It was a shame because this had HUGE potential. It was different enough than the other DOTA games that it didn't feel like a clone. But without both community and dev support, not much can be done.

sig.gif 

#1818 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Is there someone who can help me buying the Helldorado bundle for $3 (amazon GC) ?
http://store.indiega...kin-bundle.html

It's cheaper for those who bought the current bundle.

Thanks.

#1819 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

This is a surprise: Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate Edition added to the BTA level in the current IndieGala bundle.

Also a bunch of new & old GalaStore bundles, starting at $0.99:

http://store.indiega...kin-bundle.html
http://store.indiega...nes-bundle.html
http://store.indiega...ego-bundle.html
http://store.indiega...rgo-bundle.html

#1820 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

This is a surprise: Galactic Civilizations I: Ultimate Edition added to the BTA level in the current IndieGala bundle.

Never in a million years would I have predicted that.

Edited by The End, 17 February 2013 - 05:04 AM.
Test to see if my sig gets added to an old post if I edit it.

#1821 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

It's still really weak bundle. I was tempted to buy GalaCivII on the last steam sale, but I resisted. Now I'm going to wait until it appears in a bundle. Money saved, great!

#1822 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

They don't hours on these short new bundles right?

#1823 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

They don't hours on these short new bundles right?

Do you mean time limits? Then yes. If you mean happy hours? Then no.

Also, another game I think I already have :(

Any regs who need help with the galastore bundles I bought in so I should get them at the reduced price.

#1824 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

Do you mean time limits? Then yes. If you mean happy hours? Then no.

Also, another game I think I already have :(

Any regs who need help with the galastore bundles I bought in so I should get them at the reduced price.

Haha, that was some bad typing, yes, I meant happy hours. Thanks :)

#1825 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

Sweet, the rest is music. Glad I paid the minimum. 8-)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#1826 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

ahahah, they removed the Helldorado bundle and the Crazy Machine bundle. They're selling individual keys at the same price of the complete bundle.

#1827 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

ahahah, they removed the Helldorado bundle and the Crazy Machine bundle. They're selling individual keys at the same price of the complete bundle.

Crud.

I wanted The Rockin' Dead.

#1828 dbolt

dbolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

If anyone missed the gala store bundles it seems these games will be in the next bundle stars.

Posted Image

at least I see Whispered World, Helldorado and Mata Hari there.

#1829 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

oh well, I hope so... I can't see anything in that picture :lol:

The 2nd bundle star was really... disappointing.

#1830 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Is the Paypal sign in page in Italian for everyone else? I feel rather uncomfortable with it since it wasn't like this before. I really want Sacred Gold for the wife and myself.