The Indie Gala bundle!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3690 replies to this topic

#1921 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

I'll PM you to compare links if you let me know which direct downloads you have. I already have all this stuff so not like I am going to swipe anyone else's.

I'm pretty sure Gala just has one dropbox account though and not that they are generating unique urls for everyone or anything like that. I know the developer of Smooth Operators mentioned he noticed a huge jump in his game being pirated after Gala put it as a DRM free direct download via dropbox in one of their bundles. He made a special edition of the game just for Gala and that was the version being pirated.

http://heydeckgames....garding-piracy/

Ya that sucks. It's pretty sad people still pirate games, especially from a freakin Indie Bundle when the games are already cheap as crap.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#1922 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Was there a bundle with one of the Edna&Harvey games?

I remember seeing it in an email, but I never saw the bundle go live.

Its in the current Indie Gala Colossus bundle...
Posted Image

#1923 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

Was there a bundle with one of the Edna&Harvey games?

I remember seeing it in an email, but I never saw the bundle go live.

This bundle was up on and off for a few weeks:

The Cargo Bundle $0.99
1 x Airline Tycoon Deluxe
1 x Edna & Harvey - The Breakout

http://store.indiega...rgo-bundle.html

I don't see it as available anymore but it's been back a couple of times already - just keep checking...

You mean Groupees, and that's the second game, not the first one

#1924 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

I'll PM you to compare links if you let me know which direct downloads you have. I already have all this stuff so not like I am going to swipe anyone else's.

Yeah, after picking up Rockin' Dead I'm sitting on all of them, too.

As to pirated versions of Smooth Operators, are they seeing the dropbox links being spread around? Or are they seeing the files that were on those links being spread around? I do know that GoG games are pretty popular in such circles. I'd expect DRM-free files from any source to be the same.

#1925 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

No it's not. It's in the Groupees: BMA bundle.

#1926 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

Yeah, after picking up Rockin' Dead I'm sitting on all of them, too.

As to pirated versions of Smooth Operators, are they seeing the dropbox links being spread around? Or are they seeing the files that were on those links being spread around? I do know that GoG games are pretty popular in such circles. I'd expect DRM-free files from any source to be the same.

From what the dev posted, it sounded like torrents of the version made specifically for iGala, hosted on Dropbox.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#1927 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

No it's not. It's in the Groupees: BMA bundle.

Oh crap.. my bad LOL...
Posted Image

#1928 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

There will be no more happy hours. Not sure if they meant that just for the current bundle, or future bundles as well.

#1929 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

There will be no more happy hours. Not sure if they meant that just for the current bundle, or future bundles as well.

The word 'Forever' probably says it all
Posted Image

#1930 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

Thanks Indie Gala for the happy hours. Unless they have some spectacular titles in their bundles going forward, i'll likely pass on all of these. THe majority (90%) of my IG purchases have been from happy hour.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#1931 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Thanks Indie Gala for the happy hours. Unless they have some spectacular titles in their bundles going forward, i'll likely pass on all of these. THe majority (90%) of my IG purchases have been from happy hour.

And happy hour is on again
Posted Image

#1932 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

lol... so happy hour ended forever, but then they had it again...lol... oh IG...just concede your bundles would not sell without a happy hour and move along.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1933 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Well crap, now I've got to rethink swearing things forever. It apparently doesn't mean what I thought it did.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#1934 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

The word 'Forever' probably says it all

Looking at that twitter link, I really think they meant no more happy hours for Colossus.

Well crap, now I've got to rethink swearing things forever. It apparently doesn't mean what I thought it did.

FYI, an "IG Swear" means I won't do this again for the next half-hour (so it's less binding than a pinky swear with no legal arbitration).

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#1935 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

CAG broke IG Happy Hour.

#1936 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

There was some rumblings in the Groupees chat room about supposedly developers and publishers being upset about the super cheap happy hour pricing or some such. I searched around and couldn't find a source though other than Gala's vague 'This is the last happy hour' twitter which they then went and contradicted by doing another one.

I don't know if there is something to this whole thing or if it's just Gala being Gala and people trying to speculate reasons to make sense of their behavior.

steam_sig.png

#1937 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Happy Hour is done. Forever.

Posted Image

#1938 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

There was some rumblings in the Groupees chat room about supposedly developers and publishers being upset about the super cheap happy hour pricing or some such. I searched around and couldn't find a source though other than Gala's vague 'This is the last happy hour' twitter which they then went and contradicted by doing another one.

I don't know if there is something to this whole thing or if it's just Gala being Gala and people trying to speculate reasons to make sense of their behavior.

I wouldnt be surprised. Even though they sell a lot of bundles and keeps the so called 'average price' high, the devs/publishers must be taking a bit of a hit watching all the free gift bundles (we have no idea how many but imagine its quite a few considering buyers in first week get like x 3 (cant remember exactly how many)for BTA during happy hours) go out the door (i know tiny priced games but still it adds up)

Edited by smurfinaus, 27 February 2013 - 11:17 PM.

Posted Image

#1939 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

I wonder if they know you can pay 1 penny to get DRM free games in the Humble Bundle, and $1 for the Steam keys, beats any Happy Hour discounts. Or I'm just wrong for bringing up Humble Bundle in Indie Gala thread? Sorry

#1940 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

I wonder if they know you can pay 1 penny to get DRM free games in the Humble Bundle, and $1 for the Steam keys, beats any Happy Hour discounts. Or I'm just wrong for bringing up Humble Bundle in Indie Gala thread? Sorry

I think the penny Humble and Indie Gamestand and whoever else does true PWYW sort flies under the radar because they aren't keys that are traded/sold/hoarded etc. Those are almost akin to sanctioned file sharing whereas the keys in some sense have more value. The cheap Steam keys could potentially take people away from buying the game on Steam or elsewhere.

It's true though the Humble and Groupees and even Gala themselves in the Gala store have some cheap bottom tier $1 steam keys even outside of happy hour.

steam_sig.png

#1941 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

So the developer of Smooth Operators, that was in Indie Gala 9, told Gala a couple of weeks back that he wanted to give all the Gala 9 purchasers a Desura copy of the game now that it is on Desura. Gala said they would get back to him. He seemed to think they didn't want to do it right then so as to not distract from their then current bundle (Colossus) and maybe after the bundle is done they would do it. Well the bundle is done. We'll see if it happens...

http://heydeckgames....ators/#comments

Hey. I’ve talked a bit with the guys at IndieGala and said i wanted to give you a desura key instead of you guys downloading from them. They’re gonna get back to me how we do this. I think they dont want to shift focus away from their current bundle so this is likely to happen when this bundle is over.

steam_sig.png

#1942 aheydeck

aheydeck

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Hey guys,

This is probably gonna take a bit longer since i haven't heard back from them yet.

But if you don't want to wait for it, here are a couple of codes for Smooth Operators on Desura. You just have to be the first to redeem! =)

OS3NM-D8X6Z-ZLPDW-MQOWO-RHG16
NE5HW-5X84F-PTK76-X7D6C-R9EKC
RE18X-FRJFT-DAGYB-MR1KP-SDGIK
N80LQ-Y76M8-A1YRC-4ON3M-4GD9U
NWF9O-I7YXX-IRSMX-VEX5I-XZ3NF
M77SG-60GFB-7KWP3-TISZP-N108U
K6TPT-1HSAT-BAQRA-SR7TB-VYI0V
G0GY3-VWQR5-GSM58-M41VM-WZCPI

Well, that's that. Enjoy, those of you who got 'em!

Edited by aheydeck, 02 March 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#1943 tritangle

tritangle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Thanks.
Grabbed M77SG

#1944 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

@Ahey
I grabbed K6TPT.
Thank you for the code drop!

:D

#1945 :Mephistox:

:Mephistox:

Be Adequate!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

Sweet! Took N80LQ. Thanks!

#1946 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Thanks. I grabbed NWF9O :)

#1947 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Grabbed ne5hw

#1948 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Grabbed the first one. Surprised it was still good! Thanks!

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1949 aheydeck

aheydeck

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Grabbed the first one. Surprised it was still good! Thanks!

Yeah, me too. The last ones got grabbed first.

#1950 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Thanks Andreas. That was awesome of you to code drop like that. I didn't know you lurked here. ;)

steam_sig.png