The Indie Gala bundle!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3690 replies to this topic

#2101 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

I have zero interest in the Postal series, but I'm just delighted with how this is turning out. Because as JShackles said, the ball is clearly in Indie Gala's court, and you know that they really don't want to do it. But now they'll look like chumps if they don't.

Or they'll just stall hoping people will eventually move on and forget about it.

Like with the Smooth Operators dev they were all 'Oh we're busy with our current bundle but maybe when that's done' and weeks later when it was done *crickets* and then they just moved on to the next bundle and the next.

If they do end up doing the Postal Steam keys though then people shouldn't let them off the hook for Smooth Operators or Euro Truck Simulator 1 either.

#2102 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

Or they'll just stall hoping people will eventually move on and forget about it.

Like with the Smooth Operators dev they were all 'Oh we're busy with our current bundle but maybe when that's done' and weeks later when it was done *crickets* and then they just moved on to the next bundle and the next.

If they do end up doing the Postal Steam keys though then people shouldn't let them off the hook for Smooth Operators or Euro Truck Simulator 1 either.

Oh yeah, they still owe us Euro Truck Simulator. Not sure if I bought the one with Smooth Operators.

Edit: Update 2 on Postal key for Steam
UPDATE 2:

Good news, Indie Gala agreed, and we have sent the keys. I dunno how long it will take as it is in their hands now, but I'm pleased to be able to offer those that already own a P1 licence the chance to transfer it to Steam.

Desura to follow.

sorry for the multiple edits, checked my indiegala profile and it's down.

and now back up
gonna go have a drink

Edited by sunasun, 23 March 2013 - 03:46 AM.

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#2103 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:45 AM

Oh yeah, they still owe us Euro Truck Simulator. Not sure if I bought the one with Smooth Operators.

Edit: Update 2 on Postal key for Steam
UPDATE 2:

Good news, Indie Gala agreed, and we have sent the keys. I dunno how long it will take as it is in their hands now, but I'm pleased to be able to offer those that already own a P1 licence the chance to transfer it to Steam.

Desura to follow.

wow......i wouldnt be surprised if they did indat gala ***** and offered postal with a steam key instead of giving it to buyers of indie gala 2

#2104 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:56 AM

Well I ended up emailing SCS about Euro Trucker and their first email was all like "it's the same game n u can add it to steam as non-steam game."

I followed up and explained I got it from IG and bought it off Amazon and their response was to not respond for two weeks. I sent them a follow up two days ago telling them I would at least appreciate a response to my second email and we'll see what they say. It's a bit annoying they would just ignore my second email and makes me think I will wait for Euro Trucker 2 to be dirt cheap or bundled instead of buying it any time soon.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2105 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:22 AM

Well I ended up emailing SCS about Euro Trucker and their first email was all like "it's the same game n u can add it to steam as non-steam game."

I followed up and explained I got it from IG and bought it off Amazon and their response was to not respond for two weeks. I sent them a follow up two days ago telling them I would at least appreciate a response to my second email and we'll see what they say. It's a bit annoying they would just ignore my second email and makes me think I will wait for Euro Trucker 2 to be dirt cheap or bundled instead of buying it any time soon.

bt fox u cn add et az nonstim gme

#2106 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

wow......i wouldnt be surprised if they did indat gala ***** and offered postal with a steam key instead of giving it to buyers of indie gala 2

Sad to say, but the same thought went through my head.

Selling Steam keys: Pixeljunk Eden (Cards) $0.75 & Orcs Must Die 2 - Complete Pack (Cards) $1.24 (Or both for $1.75.)

I'm also taking reservations for my Indie Gala August group buy! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#2107 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Well if they do put Postal Steam keys in a future bundle we'll know where they came from.

That's kind of a Facekick move so I would hope they wouldn't go that far.

I'd normally say it doesn't much matter to me since I buy all their bundles anyway but they've been getting worse and worse and I'm actually passing on this current one. I mean Gettysburg? Really? Even Paradox admits it was a train wreck.

#2108 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Well if they do put Postal Steam keys in a future bundle we'll know where they came from.

I don't think they could do that. Even Facekick had contracted agreements (horribly written as they were) to include games in bundles.

I'd normally say it doesn't much matter to me since I buy all their bundles anyway but they've been getting worse and worse and I'm actually passing on this current one. I mean Gettysburg? Really? Even Paradox admits it was a train wreck.

Ha! I'm so giving you my copy of Gettysburg if I get this bundle. I already have it from an Amazon bundle.

#2109 KillingMachine

KillingMachine

CAGnificent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

I hope they'll go ahead and add the Desura keys for Smooth Operators, too. I'd like to have it linked to my Desura account, but don't really want to bother the dev with asking about it.

#2110 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Can anyone sell me a gift link when a Happy Hour is ON? Thanks!

fs_overall.png

#2111 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

Looks like they've revealed part of the bonus: Europa Universalis III Complete + Europa Universalis III: Heir To The Throne + Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind. Basically it's
Europa Universalis III Chronicles, but they made sure to list each part separately to make it look like you were getting more stuff.

Once again, I own it. So there isn't any incentive to buy this unless I decide to grab an extra copy for a friend come Happy Hour.

EDIT: And color me surprised that Indie Gala is actually gonna distribute the Postal keys. Now all we need is for them to do the same for Smooth Operators.

Edited by The End, 23 March 2013 - 10:43 PM.
added Steam link for Europa Universalis III Chronicles

#2112 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

Another great news! Looks like they're not going to pull anything dodgy: :)

we will also give #postal1 Steam key to all previous #Indiegala2 buyers ! Stay tuned!

Selling Steam keys: Pixeljunk Eden (Cards) $0.75 & Orcs Must Die 2 - Complete Pack (Cards) $1.24 (Or both for $1.75.)

I'm also taking reservations for my Indie Gala August group buy! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#2113 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

I've never played any grand strategy game (that I can remember). Have Victoria 2 and hearts of iron 3 on my backlog, but I readed great things about EU3, that it is a bit "easy" and less complex, so this game can be my entry to the grand strategy world... Also, I only have Warlock from the pack, and is almost a fact Defenders of Ardania will be the next one...

#2114 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

I've never played any grand strategy game (that I can remember). Have Victoria 2 and hearts of iron 3 on my backlog, but I readed great things about EU3, that it is a bit "easy" and less complex, so this game can be my entry to the grand strategy world... Also, I only have Warlock from the pack, and is almost a fact Defenders of Ardania will be the next one...

I'm not sure if it's less complex, but it's certainly easier to grasp and a good entry point into Paradox's grand strategy games. While Hearts of Iron 3 is a military game and Vicky 2 focuses more on the economy (in quite some detail), Europa Universalis 3 is a jack-of-all-trades. There's a little bit of everything there, and it's still very complex, but it's very rewarding. If you decide to jump into EU3, I'd recommend watching a "Let's Play" on YouTube or reading an AAR from the Paradox forums as a tutorial, since the actual in-game tutorial isn't very good.

EU3 is one of my favorite games, and if you take the time to learn it, it'll give you a fantastic historical grand strategy experience.

#2115 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

I doubt I could even find my Indie Gala 2 code page!

#2116 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

Under your own IG profile?

#2117 shrinerr

shrinerr

Now whatcha gon' do wit it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Just a heads up. The Disciples bundle is back up on the Gala Store. $5.99 or 4.99 if you bought Dwarves. A while back this bundle and the Jagged Alliance bundle sold out fairly quickly, so grab it while you can.

#2118 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

There's a link for "KEY RESENDER" in the upper right corner of indiegala.com. Just enter in the email address you used to buy the bundle and they'll re-send you a link.

#2119 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

Just a heads up. The Disciples bundle is back up on the Gala Store. $5.99 or 4.99 if you bought Dwarves. A while back this bundle and the Jagged Alliance bundle sold out fairly quickly, so grab it while you can.

Ceville is in this bundle at the .99 level. I might bite at this price but are the Disciple games worth the extra money?

Also, is there a way to set up an account on IndieGala like the other bundle sites? I hate having to keep all of my bundle links and/or using the resend feature.

#2120 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

There's a link for "KEY RESENDER" in the upper right corner of indiegala.com. Just enter in the email address you used to buy the bundle and they'll re-send you a link.

Which doesn't work if you got a gift link from someone. At that time, gift links weren't tied to email addresses. They added that feature late last year. I know I made sure to tie each of my gift links (for IG 2 on up) to my email at that point.

#2121 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

Also, is there a way to set up an account on IndieGala like the other bundle sites? I hate having to keep all of my bundle links and/or using the resend feature.

AFAIK know, no. The bundles are tied to your email unless they are gifted under some circumstances (see below) but there's no account that you can just log into that I know of. There is one for the Gala store but that's completely separate.

Though once you get your link, all Indie Gala bundles tied to that particular email should be listed so you won't have to deal with individual links for each, unless you got a bunch of them gifted from various people that didn't gift it to your email.

Which doesn't work if you got a gift link from someone. At that time, gift links weren't tied to email addresses. They added that feature late last year. I know I made sure to tie each of my gift links (for IG 2 on up) to my email at that point.

Right. It will only work if he bought it on his own for himself.

I don't remember when they started the happy hours but I'm not sure if they even were running them at the time of Gala 2.

Depending on how the person hosting the happy hours does it, it may or may not tie to your email when they gift it. If they just send it to you as a PM here on CAG as some people like to do then it won't tie to your email and you need to hold onto that link.

*Edit: Okay I tried going to one of my gift HH gala bundles via CAG PM and used the send the gift to an email address button. It sent me an email with the link to that bundle but didn't seem to tie it to my recover your profile gift links like some others were.

Anyway, this is confusing and makes my head hurt and I don't want to get into one of the Gilby back and forth and back and forth conversations and I don't care anymore.

TL;DR: Try to recover it if you can. If it was a gift you may or may not be able to. Save your emails when you get Gala bundles gifted to you.

#2122 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

One of the advantages to having a single thread for all of the indie gala bundles is that it's easy to go back and check what people were talking about with each bundle. Here is the page from when IG2 first went live: http://www.cheapassg...=310410&page=10

Mooby made a post about buying it himself, so doing the key re-sender thing should work for him. IG2 should be listed amongst the bundles that he bought on his bundle page.

#2123 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

Aha!

#2124 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

Though once you get your link, all Indie Gala bundles tied to that particular email should be listed so you won't have to deal with individual links for each, unless you got a bunch of them gifted from various people that didn't gift it to your email.

You'd think so, but no. The only ones that show on your profile page (reachable from a profile link emailed to you) are the ones you buy yourself, not the gift links you get, even if those gift links are under your email.

Yeah. Annoying.

I don't remember when they started the happy hours but I'm not sure if they even were running them at the time of Gala 2.

I'm quite sure you're right about that. They did still have gift packs, though, as I was able to trade for a IG2 gift bundle.

Anyway, this is confusing and makes my head hurt and I don't want to get into one of the Gilby back and forth and back and forth conversations and I don't care anymore.

TL;DR: Try to recover it if you can. If it was a gift you may or may not be able to. Save your emails when you get Gala bundles gifted to you.

Great advice. IndieGala is not at all set up to be easy and convenient. Save your links, however you get them. Keep a record.

TL;DR: What Motoki said.

#2125 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

I accidentally cleared all of my PMs here and lost at least one or two of my happy hour links from before they were emailable. Not sure which ones, though. Maybe one day I'll sort it out.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#2126 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:37 AM

I accidentally cleared all of my PMs here and lost at least one or two of my happy hour links from before they were emailable. Not sure which ones, though. Maybe one day I'll sort it out.

#-o
When I get links, I email them to myself so I can fish them out of my email later.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2127 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

#-o
When I get links, I email them to myself so I can fish them out of my email later.

Yeah, that's the logical thing to do, but it just felt like soooooo much effort ;)

logo.png

#2128 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

Yeah, that's the logical thing to do, but it just felt like soooooo much effort ;)

Lemmie guess, you prefer bait fishing over lure fishing? :razz:

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2129 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

Lemmie guess, you prefer bait fishing over lure fishing? :razz:

I prefer going to a restaurant where someone's already gone to the trouble of properly cooking the fish someone else went to the trouble of catching :lol:

logo.png

#2130 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

Postal 1 Steam keys have been added to Indie Gala 2 purchase pages. ~1hr ago.