The Indie Gala bundle!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3690 replies to this topic

#2251 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Nice bundle, but they need to stop calling these things "indie".

#2252 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

EA also published Shank.

#2253 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

EA also published Shank.

That's why I'm really suprised that they are giving keys to Shank 2 activable on Steam instead of Origin.

#2254 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

That's why I'm really suprised that they are giving keys to Shank 2 activable on Steam instead of Origin.

Klei published shank on steam. EA is a partner publisher, so they could get on xbla and stuff like that.

#2255 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

I enjoyed Zombie Driver so the HD version sort of interests me. The rest, including Mass Effect 2, I don't particularly care about. Will wait on the bonus games.

#2256 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

Put me down for a happy hour if there is one too please.

#2257 jazyje

jazyje

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

Yes, I'm in for a happy hour, add me !!!

#2258 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:17 AM

Klei published shank on steam. EA is a partner publisher, so they could get on xbla and stuff like that.

Ah,you're right. I was sure it was published by EA on Steam, because Shank 2 was included in the famous EA Indie Bundle. I just hadn't seen a reason why EA gave an Origin key to only one game from those two, instead of going balls deep and arranging something like Indie Gala Origin.

#2259 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

I have my doubts about happy hour on this one.

At any rate, is there any reason to hold out for the Digital Deluxe edition of Mass Effect 2?

#2260 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:50 AM

One could theorize that they choose to give Shank 2 on steam as to not completely alienate the Steam-head crowd, and since it'd already been in HIB7, there was little reason not to.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2261 DonaldBlank

DonaldBlank

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

I think Shank being in the same bundle as ME2 is just a coincidence

Shank (1 and 2) were both in humble bundles and im positive EA didnt do that, i bet Klei did. and probably same here

and now to advertise Klei. How awesome is Klei? Eets? Shank? mark of the Ninja? Dont Starve? are ya kidding me they rule

#2262 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

I have my doubts about happy hour on this one.

That was my first thought as well, but Indie Gala hasn't disappointed as of yet by forgoing a happy hour even in the most unlikely of bundles.

I wouldn't be surprised either way.

#2263 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

That was my first thought as well, but Indie Gala hasn't disappointed as of yet by forgoing a happy hour even in the most unlikely of bundles.

I wouldn't be surprised either way.

The Sim Madness IG bundle never got a HH, but the BTA was down to like $2.60 on the last day.

Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

#2264 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:39 AM

HH wouldn't surprise me. Mass Effect 2 has been on sale numerous times for $5. Selling it for pennies along with other games doesn't really matter to EA. It's all about getting people to install Origin.

#2265 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

Interesting point Mooby, this is the first Origin key in an indie bundle, that I can think of atm.

Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#2266 Neuropod

Neuropod

Because, anarchy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:47 AM

I'll buy a happy hour but I refuse to actually be happy about it.

Hope one of the unlocks is ME1 or at least one of the DLC. Speaking of which, I really hope one day EA releases an updated version of the Trilogy set with all the DLC...yeah right. It worked fine for Dragon Age Ultimate so what's their beef?

#2267 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

I'll buy a happy hour but I refuse to actually be happy about it.

Hope one of the unlocks is ME1 or at least one of the DLC. Speaking of which, I really hope one day EA releases an updated version of the Trilogy set with all the DLC...yeah right. It worked fine for Dragon Age Ultimate so what's their beef?

The unlocks are both a Steam and Desura game, so it won't be ME1 or ME DLC, unless they add another slot for an unlock. I'd bet that the reason ME2 is in the bundle is so they can sell the DLC at full price lol.

#2268 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

Don't mean to double post.. but the mystery Desura game has been discovered. It's Adventure Apes.

https://www.facebook.com/AdventureApes

Confirmed by their most recent facebook post.

#2269 eriol33

eriol33

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

hmmm, maybe I should buy this ME 2 and download a copy from TPB. I really don't want to install origin, but feel bad if I dont pay the money to developers.

#2270 juanjava

juanjava

Eye in the sky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

From the Kill Fun Yeah Description (on the gala bundle page):

The game is free to try for 3 hours with a few limitations, which, along with the time limit, are removed upon purchasing the full version

They are giving us a demo??

#2271 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

From the Kill Fun Yeah Description (on the gala bundle page):

They are giving us a demo??

I doubt it, since it comes with a desura key it's probably the full version. I think indie gala slipped up with the description.

#2272 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

I doubt it, since it comes with a desura key it's probably the full version. I think indie gala slipped up with the description.

That wouldn't surprise me. They are effin lazy about the videos, just doing a youtube search and going with "I'm feeling lucky..."

Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#2273 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

New Indie Gala weekly sale:

http://www.indiegala.com/weekly

Pay $1 for:
Nuclear Dawn
Cognition Episode 1: The Hangman

Pay $2 for above plus:
Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey
EvilQuest

Edited by seamoss, 23 April 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#2274 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

New Indie Gala weekly sale:

Pay $1 for:
Nuclear Dawn
Cognition Episode 1: The Hangman

Pay $2 for above plus:
Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey
EvilQuest

Urgh... only one that I want is Cognition 2, and I don't really want to pay $2 for it given how many times I've already bought the first one. :-x

#2275 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

Urgh... only one that I want is Cognition 2, and I don't really want to pay $2 for it given how many times I've already bought the first one. :-x

Yeah I have a feeling the 2nd will show up in a million bundles..

#2276 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

It's already been in an IR bundle (the one after that which contained Ep. 1 iirc.)

#2277 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

I also have the first one and want the second one, but I'm now waiting for the Cognition "complete" bundle (all episodes) before I buy again. Hopefully they have enough money to finish all four planned episodes.

#2278 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

Might be in this for the 1 dollar range. I have pretty much all the beat the average games sans Gimbal. I keep missing Adventure Apes and the Mayan Mystery...and will be glad to get it and the other non BTA games for a dollar.

#2279 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

They added the bonus games for the Indie Gala: Mass Effect bundle, too. $1 tier now also gets you a Desura key to Adventure Apes and the Mayan Mystery, while the higher tier now gets you Shadowgrounds: Survivor on Steam.

Oh, and LOL at the listed system requirements for Adventure Apes... apparently you need a quad core processor, 8 GBs of RAM, and DirectX 11 to run a platformer with 16-bit graphics, at least according to Indie Gala.

I'm torn on the Indie Gala: Weekly bundle. If I hadn't already bought Cognition: Ep 1 in the Steam trading thread, I'd be all over it.

#2280 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

Oh, and they also revealed the "bonuses" for the Indie Gala Mass Effect bundle: Adventure Apes at the $1 level, and Shadowgrounds Survivor at the BTA level. Here's hoping for HH 'cause I'm sure as hell not paying almost $6 for ME2.