Mario Kart 7 - Community/Online Wiki Thread - Check OP for weekly race times!

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Mario Kart 7

Community Info​

CAG: 03-0408-3711-6258
(150cc - All items)

Can add more specific communities, suggest some!​

Race Night:
Thursday nights at 9 PM PST / 12 AM EST.

What is a community?

WORK IN PROGRESS

Any other types of communities you guys would like?
We can have some without items, or bombs, only, etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am on right now.. I don't think anyone else is on..

Thanks for creating this.. looking forward to playing with everyone

Joined the community. Nice touch with the red 7.

Although unappealing in style, that second circle pad is starting to look very attractive. My hands get sore from playing this game and the extra grip could prove comforting.

Same here omster, haha. Hand cramping up. I miss the DS Phat!

I expect this thread to start slow, there doesn't seem to be much 3DS activity on these boards. Hopefully we can have some fun.
I'll fill out the OP a bit more tomorrow.

I'm on right now. There's someone else in the room, but they're just sitting there. :whistle2:o

Edit: Ugh I got disconnected.

"Any other types of communities you guys would like?
We can have some without items, or bombs, only, etc etc."

can we have a community without the fucking blue shell >.

Done with 150cc, all tracks/characters unlocked. I have over 1000 coins now too.

This game has a lot of BS in it. It's not as much as MKWii, but MKWii had A LOT of BS.

Awesome, I'll join up after work today.

Literally haven't been able to stop playing this.

I've joined the community and would love to race with you guys.

We should set up a battle community too.

I still need to unlock everything. Do you have to race only 150cc to unlock everything? Even with over 15+ years (SInce SNES Launch) of Mario Kart, I'm still not doing as well in this as I should.:3ds:

[quote name='2DMention']I've joined the community and would love to race with you guys.

We should set up a battle community too.

I still need to unlock everything. Do you have to race only 150cc to unlock everything? Even with over 15+ years (SInce SNES Launch) of Mario Kart, I'm still not doing as well in this as I should.:3ds:[/QUOTE]

150cc CPU are actually really good and that does make it harder but you only unlock characters by racing in it and I think 1 character requires you having completed all cups on all classes.

To unlock everything, you need to do the following:

#1 - Beat all 50cc GP's to unlock your Mii
#2 - Beat all 150cc GP's to unlock the remaining 8 characters
#3 - Beat all Mirror Mode GP's to unlock the Golden Wheels (Requires 1-star on every GP, but you get 1-star for winning a GP anyways)
#4 - Get 5000 coins to unlock all of the parts (24 parts in all)
#5 - Gold Kart Body - 10,000 VR Points or 20,000 coins
#6 - Gold Glider - Meet 100 people through StreetPass or get 10,000 coins

I found a lot of the 150cc stuff to be cheap as hell. A lot of the times I'd get Blue Shell'd near the finish, others it'd be Red Shell, Lightning, Blooper, and Bob-Omb in a lap. Oh, and not to mention getting hit with an item while in mid-flight. That shit is fucking terrible! I still think it'll be easier going back trying to do it again though, since the AI does tend to back off in Mario Kart after you've done it once.

Thanks I knew something required you to do every class but I thought it was a certain character. Thanks or posting that for everyone's quick reference

After my most recent online race I can say that I'm happy with my setup.

I'll be on around 8pm eastern to play with you all. I'll wait for at least 3 other people to play with.

[quote name='clonesniper666']150cc CPU are actually really good and that does make it harder but you only unlock characters by racing in it and I think 1 character requires you having completed all cups on all classes.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I've got some work to do then. :cry:

[quote name='KingBroly']

I found a lot of the 150cc stuff to be cheap as hell. A lot of the times I'd get Blue Shell'd near the finish, others it'd be Red Shell, Lightning, Blooper, and Bob-Omb in a lap. Oh, and not to mention getting hit with an item while in mid-flight. That shit is fucking terrible! I still think it'll be easier going back trying to do it again though, since the AI does tend to back off in Mario Kart after you've done it once.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the spoiler. Races in Mario Kart have always been nail-biters. I get sacked with red shells and blues toward the end of the finish line almost all the time! :)

I'll be on with another group at 7pm CST, but I'll try and join you guys at 8pm for some fun racing! :)

Well played a couple games with kev I believe, but we need more folks.
Wanted to play with you Broly but was busy at the time.
After Thursday, I'll be free from work and exams so we should all pick a time this weekend to do some CAG matches.

I would be interested it's just a matter of finding the time, I've only spent about 2 hours playing so far since I picked up the game Sunday night.

Would be nice if I could do 150cc and also unlock the stuff from 50cc & 100cc at the same time if I haven't done so already.

[quote name='FOnewearl']I would be interested it's just a matter of finding the time, I've only spent about 2 hours playing so far since I picked up the game Sunday night.

Would be nice if I could do 150cc and also unlock the stuff from 50cc & 100cc at the same time if I haven't done so already.[/QUOTE]

Most characters are inlocked in 150cc but mii is by doing all cups in 1 class

I just joined in CAG community. Whos Dallow? this guy is good. I bought it today at kmart to get the 15 dollar gaming coupon so I can get my niece mario kart DS

Wow, the 150cc is no joke. I thought the Wii A.I. was bad, but this is ridiculous.
For some reason I thought I read some reviews that mentioned that they had toned it down a bit, but to me it seems just the opposite. It seems even worse.

I'm in a groove with the 150cc races now. Just 3 starred two of them pretty easily. Feels good man. [quote name='200STM']I just joined in CAG community. Whos Dallow? this guy is good. I bought it today at kmart to get the 15 dollar gaming coupon so I can get my niece mario kart DS[/QUOTE]

That was me. ;)
Good races.

[quote name='dragonjud']Wow, the 150cc is no joke. I thought the Wii A.I. was bad, but this is ridiculous.
For some reason I thought I read some reviews that mentioned that they had toned it down a bit, but to me it seems just the opposite. It seems even worse.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's tough. I can be pretty consistent with 100cc, but 150cc is serious business! Then again, I never unlocked EVERYTHING in the Wii version, so maybe I just suck.

I've been tired the past few nights because of a medication change and went to bed |-___| at 8:30pm, so I've missed playing with you guys.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Where are people? (I'm racing in there right now.)[/QUOTE]
So you're the Samus I raced against? Good games.

1 on 1 is fun, but I wish we could've played against other online racers too, guess we would have needed to exchange friend codes to do that?

I played regular online for just a little bit. With 8 players it gets pretty hectic! Seems like there are people everywhere and items galore. I didn't managed many 1st place finishes. There are times when I just can't seem to stay on the track and am just pin-ponging off every wall. Then at times I hit every turn smoothly and power slide like crazy. Fun stuff.

I'll join in the community the next time I'm on. I just finished up all the 150cc cups last night, had no problems until the last cup. I swear, I must've had to replay it 4-5 times. :wall: Other than that, I'm more and more convinced that blue shells just need to be done away with forever. That, and getting hit just while hitting the air from a jump is a freakin' nightmare.

Playing online before beating a single cup was a bad idea. Got crushed by another CAG last night, but I still had fun. I'll get better... eventually.

I am down to play right now, Its 4:41pm in Southern California. If you want to play with me cags Im good till 5:30pm Ill be on till then

I suspect this community will thrive more once Xmas has come and gone and people have unlocked everything and gotten familar with all the new tracks. It's kind of a ghost town online right now.

bread's done
Back