Amazon - Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 (Xbox 360) - $34.99

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Fearia

Fearia

I'a Cthulhu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:49 AM

I searched "Your Shape" and didn't find any matching posts other than a lightning deal for yesterday, so hopefully this isn't a repost.

http://www.amazon.co...s00_i00_details

Note: This is the same price (if I remember correctly) that the lightning deal was for yesterday. So, for those who missed out, pretty good deal!
Posted Image

#2 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:56 AM

thanks. Got one. They're giving $20 for the old one so I consider it a $15 upgrade.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#3 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:57 AM

Damn just bought this one at full price from BB with some certs and $15 cash. Trying to decide if it is worth the hassle of digging for my receipt.

#4 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:10 AM

Still too much for a fitness game. I looked for last years edition for $10 at Target and its sold out at the 4 I visited. :(

#5 Mr Peanut

Mr Peanut

Cheap Ass Peanut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:17 AM

In for one.

Seems like a good thing to complement my holiday eating with.
relax... GO NUTS

#6 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:22 AM

Still too much for a fitness game. I looked for last years edition for $10 at Target and its sold out at the 4 I visited. :(

I don't understand how anyone can make a blanket statement like this.

Why are fitness games any less of a game than something else.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#7 Jeff Stephen

Jeff Stephen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:44 AM

A few reviews mention the lack of tutorials, sure hope it's not true but either way I'm in.
Still might be a good idea to check out the demo.

#8 Fearia

Fearia

I'a Cthulhu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:03 PM

Still active :)
Posted Image

#9 netscorer

netscorer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:30 PM

thanks for advise - turned in my last year's copy for this one. Excellent deal!

#10 Coraanu

Coraanu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:20 PM

Damn just bought this one at full price from BB with some certs and $15 cash. Trying to decide if it is worth the hassle of digging for my receipt.

Careful, I think you lose the value of the certs on the return/exchange.
Mike

#11 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

Careful, I think you lose the value of the certs on the return/exchange.

nope it will just go back to your account.

anyway i enjoyed the first one, might pick this up

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#12 karishbhr

karishbhr

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:29 PM

This is the same price that Gamefly let me "keep" it for. HIGHLY recommend to anyone with Kinect. I love it.

#13 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:40 PM

It's too bad this game isn't part of the buy 1 get 1 50% off deal.

#14 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

Thinking of buying this - I liked the Ea active on the Wii and this seems very similar to that.

Can you guys recommend it and give me some pro/cons?

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#15 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Thinking of buying this - I liked the Ea active on the Wii and this seems very similar to that.

Can you guys recommend it and give me some pro/cons?

I like it a lot. There's no structured daily workout like in EA Fitness (or maybe I missed it and someone can point it out to me) but the workouts are good and the recognition is probably the most accurate out of all the workout games. (I have EA Fitness 2, UFC Trainer as well. I sold Your Shape 1 after I got 2012.)

You basically get a menu of exercises to do and some are "recommended" based on what you chose as a goal. I think if you're the type of person who can say "I'm gonna do x minutes or x calories today" then you'll be fine.

Ees7Y.jpg

#16 ianoid

ianoid

5me77i.us!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:34 PM

I like it a lot. There's no structured daily workout like in EA Fitness (or maybe I missed it and someone can point it out to me) but the workouts are good and the recognition is probably the most accurate out of all the workout games. (I have EA Fitness 2, UFC Trainer as well. I sold Your Shape 1 after I got 2012.)

You basically get a menu of exercises to do and some are "recommended" based on what you chose as a goal. I think if you're the type of person who can say "I'm gonna do x minutes or x calories today" then you'll be fine.

I have been meaning to get this one. I too have UFC and EA Fitness 2 (which has a heart rate monitor which is cool).

The UFC program is brutal, very squat heavy, and has no provision for making up missed workouts.

I need to play more EA Fitness, but it's sort of gamey and kind of corny. It has been more fun although less intense so far than UFC.

I tried the XBL demo for YS2012 and it seemed more gamey, which is what I'd like. I'm looking to pick it up for less.

Unfortunately this deal is dead.
Posted Image

#17 jcmproch

jcmproch

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:46 PM

Me and the wife enjoy this one, the kinect reads you much better on this one than other fitness games.. great variety too!

#18 youenvy

youenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:58 PM

can dlc bought for the first game be used for this game too?

i imagine it would but would like to be sure?

also are 1 and 2 that different- thinking if i should keep one or trade/ sell it.

#19 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:03 PM

can dlc bought for the first game be used for this game too?

i imagine it would but would like to be sure?

also are 1 and 2 that different- thinking if i should keep one or trade/ sell it.

Get rid of the first one. This game has most (if not all) the stuff from the first game.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#20 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

Excellent game. Good Price :)

#21 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:47 AM

Thanks for resurrecting a 2 month old thread and getting my hopes up.
Posted Image