Photo
- - - - -

GameFly 2011 Year End Sale - Now Live!

• Please log in to reply
1230 replies to this topic

#91 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:17 AM

1. What exactly should we be discussing in this thread?

2. You obviously only post when you have something interesting to add to the discussion

1. If you don't have anything meaningful to add (such as info related to prices or about the game itself [bonus features, reviews, DLC content within game, Limited Edition info, etc] ) then no need to add meaningless posts. That way clutter gets out of the way where people don't have to sort through 15 pages to find that "one post" that actually had valuable info for the CAG community. For example Black Friday, there were pages after pages of nonsense, yet a good post from someone about a $5 coupon code gets buried amid the idiotic comments on how much you want to pay for a game.

2. You never done that in a post? FIRST? At least I keep my "meaningless" posts to one word. By the way, thanks for spending your time trying to find something about me. I sure do make an impression on people like you. I love the attention. :lol:

This is a perfect example of a meaningful post that helps the CAG Community:

To bring this back to OP, Cheapy speculates/stipulates that the nightly deals will be the same for the end-of-year sale. So, I have gathered each night/weekend so far (sorry, if I missed one). Anyway, would it be a good idea to develop a wiki for this?

Here is the list:

Now compare it to this post:

Hoping for a $10 Portal 2 since I missed the other deal

or this post:

Hopefully they have that 12$ off two games thing again as I really loved it last time :)

Big difference, right?

Edited by oasisboy, 11 December 2011 - 03:28 AM.

[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#92 HakaHina

HakaHina

Glasses God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:20 AM

To bring this back to OP, Cheapy speculates/stipulates that the nightly deals will be the same for the end-of-year sale. So, I have gathered each night/weekend so far (sorry, if I missed one). Anyway, would it be a good idea to develop a wiki for this?

Here is the list:

Thanks for the list, but it's so ... blue ...

#93 slppedyoursster

slppedyoursster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:33 AM

Thanks for the list, but it's so ... blue ...

Fixed on my original post! Damn cut-n-paste w/ HTML links. Computers! :roll:

#94 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:37 AM

Fixed on my original post! Damn cut-n-paste w/ HTML links. Computers! :roll:

Its all good bro. You put items that have gone on sale pretty recently. Could they bring items in this sale that were once on sale back in lets say may or june?

#95 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:41 AM

I like the way you say "we" like you speak for everyone on this forum,this isn't the borg collective.

#96 mastaspy007

mastaspy007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:03 AM

I can't think of anything else that I want right now, but I know if they have some killer prices on games that weren't really on my radar I would jump on them. Anyone else have this problem?

For example, I know I'm gonna bite on Transformers: War for Cybertron if its $9.99 or under...even though my crazy backlog just continues to grow and grow...

#97 slppedyoursster

slppedyoursster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:11 AM

Its all good bro. You put items that have gone on sale pretty recently. Could they bring items in this sale that were once on sale back in lets say may or june?

Not sure. Cheapy or some other vets may know. This is the first holiday season that I have scoured the forums. I think it is developing into serious cheaptitis.

#98 JohnnyBeeGoode

JohnnyBeeGoode

I think Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PS4) is fantastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:12 AM

Although Gay Ass Gamers may attract the wrong crowd...

Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Solid!
Posted Image

#99 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:15 PM

Here is the list:

Thanks for this post!

Hopefully the prices are a little lower during the year end sale - there are several games I want to pick up but since I won't be getting to them for a while, the cheaper I can get them for now, the less likely they will be able to be had for cheaper once I get around to playing them.

#100 hellhunde

hellhunde

Snuffleupagus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:36 AM

Thanks for this post!

Hopefully the prices are a little lower during the year end sale - there are several games I want to pick up but since I won't be getting to them for a while, the cheaper I can get them for now, the less likely they will be able to be had for cheaper once I get around to playing them.

That's one big reason I'm waiting for the free shipping. I would be alright paying the prices several games are right now, but the shipping would negate a healthy chunk of my potential savings.

#101 FlamingXDragon

FlamingXDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:03 AM

What kind of condition are used games from gamefly? I have heard that they usually are in pretty good condition but I just wanted to make sure. I have never bought from them before.

#102 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:09 AM

What kind of condition are used games from gamefly? I have heard that they usually are in pretty good condition but I just wanted to make sure. I have never bought from them before.

its different for everyone. They are 98% of the time playable. Out of 4 360 games, 2 were excellent, while 2 had chips but were good shape other than that.

ALso if the game has an online code (what newer game doesnt have one these days) a code thats redeemable will be inside the game.

Edited by Royal High Knight, 12 December 2011 - 01:21 AM.

#103 FlamingXDragon

FlamingXDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:13 AM

its different for everyone. They are 98% of the time playable. Out of 4 360 games, 2 were excellent, while 2 had chips but were good shape other than that.

Well that sounds good. Definitely going to look into buying from them this year.

#104 Pig

Pig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:14 AM

The one i just got had some minor scratches, but otherwise the packaging looks like someone just cut open the security tape and set the box aside. I've gotten some that are pristine, but never any that i would consider complaining about.

#105 JohnnyBeeGoode

JohnnyBeeGoode

I think Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PS4) is fantastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:21 AM

Having purchased upwards of 200 titles (primarily :ps3: and :360: but have also purchased :ds: :wii:, etc.) for both myself and friends/family, I have a 0% defect rate; they come with DLC intact and the case, manual & artwork are practically "New". That said, I highly recommend GameFly for quality, value, and customer service...no if's, and's, or but's......
Posted Image

#106 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:29 AM

I've received 6 PS3 games from them so far, all of them are chipped, and all but one have light scratches (the one that didn't have scratches was a free copy of Brink, lol). All of them play perfectly and included valid DLC.

#107 Tybone

Tybone

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:34 AM

I got RedFaction:Armagedon from them, the disc was playable and some scratches. My case had some pieces missing from it.

#108 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:58 AM

A question: So if a game I'm interested in on Gamefly doesn't currently have a Buy Used option (having only a Rent option), does that mean it won't be part of the sale? I'm not exactly sure how Gamefly works, so clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-B

games often come back in stock for a sale. in fact, they often go in and out of stock during a sale.

#109 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:08 AM

All of mine besides one have been perfect sans some dust or prints. But some people have had problems it seems

I've received 6 PS3 games from them so far, all of them are chipped, and all but one have light scratches (the one that didn't have scratches was a free copy of Brink, lol). All of them play perfectly and included valid DLC.

Scratched blu rays? I've never seen that before.

I got RedFaction:Armagedon from them, the disc was playable and some scratches. My case had some pieces missing from it.

You must have some careless shipping guys

#110 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:11 AM

All of mine besides one have been perfect sans some dust or prints. But some people have had problems it seems

Scratched blu rays? I've never seen that before.

You must have some careless shipping guys

Yeah I was surprised as well. The first game I received had several light scratches (Portal 2), but the rest of the games don't have many. I'm not sure how they managed to get scratched but it's definitely possible. I'd imagine it's much worse for 360 games that come from gamefly.

It's not all that uncommon though, I've had a couple brand new PS3 games that have light scratches on them right after taking them out of the case.

#111 squijee

squijee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

Anyone have an idea what time the sale will start?
PS3 Slim 160GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
PS4 (Upgraded to 2TB)
My For Sell Thread http://www.cheapassg...ari/?p=11868193

#112 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:15 PM

Anyone have an idea what time the sale will start?

Monthly sales seem to go live fairly early in the day.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#113 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

My last few i've received from Gamefly, all PS3 games, have been almost perfect. I received a few before that that had a scuff or two, but they usually wipe right off with my t-shirt, due to the coating on the bottom of PS3 discs. It's pretty tough to not get a PS3 disc to work no matter what it looks like.

sixteenvolt420.png

#114 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:42 PM

Posted Image

#115 Drakbak

Drakbak

CAG'n All Night Long!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:42 PM

hoping they put Infamous 2 back on sale. My order was apparently lost in the mail and they would only give me a refund.

also kind of hoping the sales aren't so great after all so I don't feel compelled to buy a bunch of games. My backlog was big before the sales these past few weeks...and I haven't even bought Skyrim yet! :whee:

#116 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

I wonder if these "chips" have caused anyone trouble in trading in these games to Amazon/Gamestop. Anyone have any input on that?

#117 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

I wonder if these "chips" have caused anyone trouble in trading in these games to Amazon/Gamestop. Anyone have any input on that?

I dont know about amazon but gamestop will take them. hell they'll take games in any condition really but I've never been hit with a referb charge if thats what you're wondering.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#118 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

I dont know about amazon but gamestop will take them. hell they'll take games in any condition really but I've never been hit with a referb charge if thats what you're wondering.

Yeah, for the refurb charge. You know, because they actually fix these games instead of slapping 3 stickers on it and shelving it.

I'm thinking of trading in my Dead Space 2, I only wanted the Extraction code, really. Still haven't even played it, and my backlog is big enough so I don't see a reason to hold onto it while the TIV is still good.

#119 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:25 PM

Yeah, for the refurb charge. You know, because they actually fix these games instead of slapping 3 stickers on it and shelving it.

I'm reading that as sarcastic. Because I've found boogers on gamestop discs among other things...

#120 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:39 PM

I'm thinking of trading in my Dead Space 2, I only wanted the Extraction code, really. Still haven't even played it, and my backlog is big enough so I don't see a reason to hold onto it while the TIV is still good.

You should move it to the front of your backlog. One of the best games of the year.

How much is the TIV anyway?