Photo
- - - - -

GameFly 2011 Year End Sale - Now Live!

• Please log in to reply
1230 replies to this topic

#121 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:40 PM

I'm reading that as sarcastic. Because I've found boogers on gamestop discs among other things...

It was, which is why I hate that charge so much. If they think it's too scratched up, then don't take it.

#122 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:41 PM

Yeah, for the refurb charge. You know, because they actually fix these games instead of slapping 3 stickers on it and shelving it.

I'm thinking of trading in my Dead Space 2, I only wanted the Extraction code, really. Still haven't even played it, and my backlog is big enough so I don't see a reason to hold onto it while the TIV is still good.

I thought Extraction was on disc?

#123 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:42 PM

I'm reading that as sarcastic. Because I've found boogers on gamestop discs among other things...

Not to mention the pics of the cockroaches in one thread that led to chuplayer's doll pics being spoiler tagged, him throwing a hissy fit, and leaving CAG. So some good came of it.

ach.png

#124 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

Not to mention the pics of the cockroaches in one thread that led to chuplayer's doll pics being spoiler tagged, him throwing a hissy fit, and leaving CAG. So some good came of it.

I almost forgot about that guy. Creepy

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#125 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:48 PM

Oh, didn't know that. It was shipped to my parent's house, so I haven't even touched it yet.

Guess I'm keeping it then, thanks for the note. I was about to lock in my trade to Amazon.

#126 thedragon

thedragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:40 PM

Just got my copy of Alice PS3 today, this is my 2nd purchase from Gamefly. First time I bought Star Ocean for 360 and it was scraped through on the 3rd disc and had to return it. Alice is in great shape though with only a couple of fingerprints a small nick.

#127 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:42 PM

Anyone have an idea what time the sale will start?

Yes, it starts at the time the games go on sale.

#128 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:46 PM

If I'm remembering correctly, the end of the year sale they had last year was pretty bad. A bunch of shovelware and 3rd-rate titles that were found in bulk. Mainly Wii party games and a whole mess of Medal of Honor.

I'm guessing Brink, Duke, and a variety of other things. Fingers crossed for some good ones, though.

#129 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

I'm so excited and ready I think I'm going to explode!

#130 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

I dont think my wallet can take much more abuse this year, but I'm still hoping for $9.99 Portal 2 and RDR. Cmon Gamefly!

#131 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

It is on the disc. You download it off the disc, but it still needs the disc to run.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#132 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:55 PM

I'm not sure what I even want if anything. I mean between target clearance, Best Buy, and Steam I might be sitting this one out unless they get real crazy with the pricing.
Posted Image

#133 Eggplant_Wizard

Eggplant_Wizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

I got my Dungeon Siege III today. The disc isn't mint, but decent condition for a used game. But the case has a piece busted out of it.

#134 NightCat

NightCat

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:42 PM

They sent out E-mails telling us that their Annual Year-End sale is going to happen at the end of the year? Mindblown!

It could definitely be worse. I've been getting spammed by GoHastings so much recently (2-4 mediocre "sale" E-mails a day) that I had to remove myself from their mailing list today. 50% off Shipping = 100% GTFO.

No kidding and i had major issues with GH in the past and forgot/to lazy to remove them from contacting me again.

#135 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:51 PM

I'm hoping for a deal on Vanquish myself as there has been no sale on it for quite awhile. If not then I hope the wait was worth it for this gamefly sale. Time will tell tomorrow.

#136 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

I'm hoping for a $7.99 copy of Mafia 2, seeing how many times Mafia 2 has been on sale here, I can almost taste it.

#137 billydeewilliams

billydeewilliams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

so the sale starts at 12 am?

#138 Tendoboy

Tendoboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

I just returned a bunch of crap to lighten the leather plunge .....dang!

#139 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

now that I have GF for 1 dollar til mid february, dont see how they could entice me to buy anything...

#140 UNDERSTAR

UNDERSTAR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

All I want is No More Heroes for PS3 and I think thats it!

#141 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:29 PM

Just when Best Buy teetered out, and my wallet cooled down, Gamefly's Year End Sale is tomorrow.

#142 Armads

Armads

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:33 PM

Anyone know the exact time the sale starts? Thanks.

#143 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

They tend to go live at 8pm est but who knows.

#144 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:17 PM

If I'm remembering correctly, the end of the year sale they had last year was pretty bad. A bunch of shovelware and 3rd-rate titles that were found in bulk. Mainly Wii party games and a whole mess of Medal of Honor.

I'm guessing Brink, Duke, and a variety of other things. Fingers crossed for some good ones, though.

I might be remembering a different year's-end sale, but I believe I got Just Cause 2 (:360:), Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, and some third game (can't remember it right now) for under $40 during last year's sale, so it wasn't all bad.

For this sale, I'm hoping for $7.99 Mafia II (:360:) and $14.99-or-less Dynasty Warriors 7 (:ps3:) and Catherine (:ps3:). :bouncy:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Flying Hamster HD; Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#145 n8dawwg

n8dawwg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

Im hoping for alot of cheap games that I can easily flip to others. DUHHHHHHHHHHHH

#146 jk5000

jk5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:40 PM

I was lookin at last years sale, looks like a lot of it was rehash from their daily deals they held in 2010 just a few bucks cheaper so heres hoping more of the same with a few additional titles.

#147 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:42 PM

Finally have something to use on 5 dollar coupon on.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#148 luxuria

luxuria

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:42 PM

I'm hoping DA2 hits $10 already. Wouldn't mind picking it up along with F.E.A.R. 3.

GA3XcNi.png?2?7311

#149 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

Didn't cheapy say the prices would stay the same.

#150 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

yeah mostly the prices will be the same or very close to that ballpark. I need these deals to go live during their usually time, since i have work. Is it true that the sale could happen during noon eastern time or for pacific early in the morning?