Metal Gear Solid HD Collection:(Zavvi Exclusive) 69.99 pounds

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#271 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

Got my return shipping finally refunded to my credit card. You just need to message their CS through their message center multiple times if the enquiries@zavvi.com guys don't respond to your emails. :roll:

Now to wait for my replacement to arrive… which they don't have a tracking number for… and hope that it arrives with better packaging...

3G' and Friends Group Lowball is now OVER!!! Thank you, and please remember to leave feedback!!! 

Get a PS4 or $375 Conga Line, proof of payouts to CAGs in OP!

#272 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

Thanks Raging Storm. It's been 30 days on my end so I expect a full refund. Not sure I will ever order there again.

#273 Tom Jane

Tom Jane

I want my kids back!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

Mine came pretty ugly looking. Will post pics soon. Basically, like others said: Came in a Royal Mail garbage bag.
I just want my kids back!!!

Steam Offers | PSN Gameshare offers | DLC/Code Requests | Trade List | Lowball
Looking to sell Steam games promptly: B-Lands GotY ($7), B-Lands 2 ($10), Tropico 4 ($7.50), Ys Origins ($10); Others
Looking to sell PSN Gameshares promptly: 1) God of War 1, 2, Origins; 2) Darksiders

Will listen to reasonable offers.

#274 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

It's been nearly 35 business days and still nothing. Completely unacceptable. enquiries @ zavvi.com is ignoring all of my emails for refund.

#275 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:31 AM

It's been nearly 35 business days and still nothing. Completely unacceptable. enquiries @ zavvi.com is ignoring all of my emails for refund.

I preordered mine on December 18th. Mine still hasn't arrived either.

#276 vherub

vherub

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

price is down to 49.99 at zavvi now

#277 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

I Just received mine..... awful condition; my copies are completely flattened. This will most likely ruin my experiencing with importing--or at least ordering from Zavvi. These were shipping a box but it was like single ply carboard and it was way to large with nearly no packing material.

How is the best way to initiate a return? I don't even want to mess around with waiting for a replacement

#278 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

I received mine last week as well (preordered it december). Awful condition as well, haven't contacted them yet and will probably do a return as well.

#279 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

I received mine last week as well (preordered it december). Awful condition as well, haven't contacted them yet and will probably do a return as well.

The messed up thing is that I placed my order as soon as this thread was created... shortly after placing an order I received this message from Zavvi:

Hi

Thank you for placing your order with us. For security purposes and as part of our ongoing customer care we would like to verify your details.

To enable us to proceed with your order can you please send evidence of your billing address, this can be in the form of a utility bill or credit/debit card statement.

Confirmation of your address can be either faxed to us on +44 845 862 1118 or emailed to enquiries@zavvi.com or even posted, to us at the address below. Please ensure your name and address is clearly legible and any other sensitive data is hidden.

Please include your order number, so we will be able to resolve this quicker for you.

zavvi.com
Meridian House
Gadbrook Way
Gadbrook Park
Rudheath
Northwich
CW9 7RA

If you have any queries you can contact me on 0844 801 0311 , and I will be happy to help.

Kind regards
Chris

------------------------------------------------------------------

I was on the fence and wasn't sure if I really wanted to invest that type of money in this so I never responded as I asummed they couldn't process my order without the information.

Fast forward to early march and I got an e-mail my order shipped. I was surprised they just shipped it when I never provided the information they wanted (address/billing confirmation).

I was a little worried about the stories I had read regarding other peoples items being damaged but I hoped I'd luck out...

Needless to say I didn't. I think I could honestly step on either one of my copies and you wouldn't be able to notice any additional damage from how they arrived.

Very disappointing experience; it's as if they cut every expense possible in order to get these here as cheaply as they could. I buy and sell internationally alot, although never with Zavvi, and have not once had this type of problem.

#280 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

sux to hear the ce shipping is so bad. all my vanilla games have arrived perfect. had preordered the risen 2 se but not so sure now. a shame too because the se is so cool..
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#281 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

Zaavi indirectly screwed me into selling off my MGS LE since this one is better but the shipping problems make it not worth the hassle. Their facility fulfillment process is an absolute joke.

#282 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

Zaavi indirectly screwed me into selling off my MGS LE since this one is better but the shipping problems make it not worth the hassle. Their facility fulfillment process is an absolute joke.

Heh, I also sold my MGS LE because I thought I would be "upgrading". I'll chalk this one up as just unlucky.

#283 Gamelore

Gamelore

Dark Elf Cleric

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

I may be cheap, but I decided not to return my 2 copies. I waited too long and now I'm afraid they'll reject the return, and I'll be out even MORE money. I just don't have the energy to deal with an international return + having to deal with Zavvi's crappy customer service.

Fortunately, my copies are just totally dented in and don't look entirely destroyed (but I haven't opened either to check because I want to keep one sealed). So, I'll open the most-destroyed copy and if it's in good shape internally, I'll keep it and sell off my better copy. And finally be done with this mess.

I just wanted a smaller package than the US MGS LE Collection already on my shelf, but this ended up being even bigger. :\

#284 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:24 AM

Anyone know how long it takes for Zavvi to respond through the message center? Their FAQ says 24 hours but it's been about three days since I contacted them regarding my return.

I buy and sell regularly through eBay with buyers and sellers in the UK and have never had a problem like this with items being so poorly packaged.

#285 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

I received a message back from Zavvi stating that I've got the okay to return the game.

Has anyone else returned theirs? How long did it take to get the refund and how long did it take to get a postage refund?

Do they require it get mailed a certain way? the box is going to weigh more then 4lbs so I have to mail it by either Priority International or Express International and I think based on experience it is going to run me at least $60USD to get these returned.

Should I take pictures of the damage to the items or the original shipping boxes (the ones Zavvi used?)

I've never done business with Zavvi before and although I know they are reputable I'd have to be in a worse case scenario where I shelled out a couple hundred for these and then returned them because they're damage only to get stiffed the return money and return postage and be out the item.

#286 Jotamide

Jotamide

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

Thanks for this thread guys, I was *this* close from importing this from Zavvi. In the end decided not to, the new stock is totally all the returned copies of the game.

#287 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

Now £34.95.

http://www.zavvi.com...e/10532517.html
http://www.zavvi.com...e/10574262.html

#288 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

Now £34.95.

http://www.zavvi.com...e/10532517.html
http://www.zavvi.com...e/10574262.html

Argh! Oh well, I bought it initially and I'm happy with it.

#289 allen9917

allen9917

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

Wow, this thing keeps falling to 34.95. Will it go below 30 or this is pretty much the bottom?

#290 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:35 PM

Has anyone ordered this lately? I'm tempted to pick one up since it's this cheap but after reading about the poor packaging job, I'm not so sure. Btw, are you guys paying to ship it back or is Zavvi covering it?

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#291 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

Lol, these are probably the damaged ones that are getting returned....

#292 nhatkthanh

nhatkthanh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:45 AM

Usually how long does it take you guys to get your order? This is to the U.S by the way, I'm trying to get an idea. My order with them has been over 15 days (11 business days) since they sent out the dispatch email.

#293 Jotamide

Jotamide

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:07 AM

Has anyone ordered this lately? I'm tempted to pick one up since it's this cheap but after reading about the poor packaging job, I'm not so sure. Btw, are you guys paying to ship it back or is Zavvi covering it?

I think they charge a £1 fee for international shipping. If you feel like getting it, PM me and I can give you a 10% off code they sent me.
Posted Image

#294 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:46 AM

FYI - i purchased it when it hit $54 and they shipped in a 18 x 24 inch brown box with air pillows. mint.

total win

Congrats, you're one of the very few and very lucky.

It's funny how those of us who ordered this early got screwed over with shitty packaging and such a higher price... I guess Zavvi did eventually make it right for me for their Fuck up after a ton of messages. I never could bring myself to re-order it since I feared I'd get a damaged return and then have to go through that shit again but it's too late now since the PS3 version is sold out.

Currently playing:

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist