Virginia CaG

Well goodbye sans tax purchases from Amazon. I knew VA was going to get its money somehow. While I'm glad he company is coming to the area and our state I hate to see that extra 5% being tacked on.
*plays Taps*

RVA woo woo. Used to live in Hampton Roads area.

Since this a call out, would anyone care to be steam friends? I have a handful of co-op games to play, but only 2 friends within the area and our schedules don't exactly fit. I'm known for putting down on 4-packs and gifting to my friends and what not.

*crosses fingers*

[quote name='Vader582']Well goodbye sans tax purchases from Amazon. I knew VA was going to get its money somehow. While I'm glad he company is coming to the area and our state I hate to see that extra 5% being tacked on.
*plays Taps*[/QUOTE]Yeah, I was a bit angry to hear that news.

[quote name='TheMightySlinky']Gloucester(just outside of hampton roads)[/QUOTE]I know where that is. Didn't know a CAG lived there.

Representing NNVA.

[quote name='enemyofusall']I'm in NoVa![/QUOTE]I don't even consider that VA. :p It's quite different IMO from the rest of VA (such as no Emissions Test).

Haha yeah its more DC than va but hey I have a va drivers license and have to pay all the absurd va taxes haha. Hows it going at your new place mana knight?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
I know where that is. Didn't know a CAG lived there.

Representing NNVA.[/QUOTE]

yeah Gloucester pretty much blows and living at the north end of the county doesnt help. where in NN you from?

[quote name='the mana knight']i don't even consider that va. :p it's quite different imo from the rest of va (such as no emissions test).[/quote]

lol

[quote name='fettmaster']Richmond has a Play n Trade store that carries a ton of retro stuff, but no goodwills, etc. that I know of[/QUOTE]

I might go there next time I'm in RVA.

Portsmouth. Theres a great new store called Old Skool Games. I suggest if you're in the area to check em out.

[quote name='XeCuTioNR']Portsmouth. Theres a great new store called Old Skool Games. I suggest if you're in the area to check em out.[/QUOTE]I was just in P-town last weekend. I know someone who is big into games and lives in that city, so I may ask him.

In Hampton Roads there is a pawnshop chain called Cash Converters which usually have some rare games and under priced games... Specifically in Virginia Beach, there is Cool Stuff, which are two locally owned video game stores... Cool Stuff you can find rare items and a little under priced items... Oh and Old Skool Games is overpriced on most their items compared to Cool Stuff...

You can call Play n Trade in Richmond and ask if they have any retro games you're looking for in stock. They can also put you on a list if it gets traded in. So if someone comes and they get it later, they call the first person on the list.

The above method was used to obtain a copy of MGS: Subsistence Limited Edition (red box). Price: 16.99. BOOYAH.

And yeah, speaking in regards to my MGS find, sometimes they're total idiots on pricing. It is kind of sad in a way...a retro video game store run by a guy who knows NOTHING about games. That's not to say everything is cheap, but they don't do any homework. Someone came in w/ the MGS3: LE and they see a PS2 game. Usually, PS2 games are generally cheap and aren't as rare. They put it in the system w/ the same SKU as the regular Subsistence release.

My friend found a copy of Team Buddies on PSX for 2.99.

Deals like that are rare, and "famously rare" titles won't be cheap, but the fact that SICK deals happen means the people who run the place don't really know or care. It benefits us at CAG when it happens, though!

So it is a good ideal to call them fairly regularly.

804-353-PLAY (7529)

[quote name='enemyofusall']tell me when you decide to go![/QUOTE]I will

[quote name='H4Y4TO']In Hampton Roads there is a pawnshop chain called Cash Converters which usually have some rare games and under priced games... Specifically in Virginia Beach, there is Cool Stuff, which are two locally owned video game stores... Cool Stuff you can find rare items and a little under priced items... Oh and Old Skool Games is overpriced on most their items compared to Cool Stuff...[/QUOTE]I'll have to check them out. I don't get over to VA Beach much because it's a bit of a drive.

[quote name='enemyofusall']Nice thanks guys I will have to scour these soon![/QUOTE]

You coming down to Hampton Roads?

[quote name='H4Y4TO']You coming down to Hampton Roads?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's quite a drive just to do it........

I probably won't go back for a while especially since I found a place to get my haircut at in NNVA.

Richmond here.

Strange Matter in Richmond has occasional fighting game tournaments organized by the VCU Fight Club, and Tuesday nights are half price burger night, usually draws a gamer crowd too.

[quote name='johnnypark']Richmond here.

Strange Matter in Richmond has occasional fighting game tournaments organized by the VCU Fight Club, and Tuesday nights are half price burger night, usually draws a gamer crowd too.[/QUOTE]

oh the times I wish I wasn't absolutely horrible at fighting games haha :(

On a side note, the Best Buy at Pentagon City has some great guide deals:

$9.99 Hardcover:
BF3
FFXIII-2
Gear of War 3
UNcharted 3

$4.99 Softcover:
BF3
Saints Row 3
..i forget the rest. The only thing that sucks is they decided to put a HUGE C on colored paper taped to the plastic. Good luck getting it off while still keeping it sealed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='H4Y4TO']There is no Replays in Chesapeake? There is one on Kempsville RD and another one on General Booth both in VA Beach...[/QUOTE]

Your right I was referencing the one on Kempsville Rd, very close to chesapeake, but considered Virginia Beach.

[quote name='Poor2More']Your right I was referencing the one on Kempsville Rd, very close to chesapeake, but considered Virginia Beach.[/QUOTE]

Oh Yeah... I think that their might be one opening up in Chesapeake, near Chesapeake Square Mall in a year or two...

[quote name='H4Y4TO']Oh Yeah... I think that their might be one opening up in Chesapeake, near Chesapeake Square Mall in a year or two...[/QUOTE]I was in that area over a week ago.

I just learned today that the DMV sucks in VA. I figure others here would probably agree with me. At the time I got there (in the afternoon), I was told that people were waiting for 1 hour and 20 minutes.......still haven't been waited on. I went ahead and waited. There were 12 counters w/ less than half of them open. Employees moved slow too. Luckily I only had to stand in line once to change my Driver's License and license plate over. It's the opposite from MD because VA mails you the ID while giving you the title while there (MD gives you an ID while there and mails you the title). I got out of there in 2 hours at least (after waiting and going through my process). Just after I got my papers handed and I paid, the power went out. Guess I somehow cursed the place. The biggest thing I hated was having to stand near the counters (MD and IN had seats on the other side of the counters).

Despite my experience not being too great, I'll admit I had a worse experience at the MVA in MD once, and the BMV in IN several times.

Anyone else have bad/good experiences at the DMV?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I was in that area over a week ago.

I just learned today that the DMV sucks in VA. I figure others here would probably agree with me. At the time I got there (in the afternoon), I was told that people were waiting for 1 hour and 20 minutes.......still haven't been waited on. I went ahead and waited. There were 12 counters w/ less than half of them open. Employees moved slow too. Luckily I only had to stand in line once to change my Driver's License and license plate over. It's the opposite from MD because VA mails you the ID while giving you the title while there (MD gives you an ID while there and mails you the title). I got out of there in 2 hours at least (after waiting and going through my process). Just after I got my papers handed and I paid, the power went out. Guess I somehow cursed the place. The biggest thing I hated was having to stand near the counters (MD and IN had seats on the other side of the counters).

Despite my experience not being too great, I'll admit I had a worse experience at the MVA in MD once, and the BMV in IN several times.

Anyone else have bad/good experiences at the DMV?[/QUOTE]

I agree that the DMV is slow. I think the ones in the city are by far the slowest (at least in VA) and the ones in the country areas are a little better. I went through the one is Suffolk and it was quick. I waited less then 10 min and the process took just about the same amount of time... When I went to the one in VA Beach I was there for 1 hour (for the same inquire)...

mana Knight, my experience was awful! We thought 30 mins before the place open was fine but nope, we were about 30th in line. From the time we waited to the time we had that piece of paper in our hands was ~3 hours, WTF haha. Pennsylvania's albeit much smaller, obviously, was a nice 15 mins haha.

[quote name='fettmaster']

The above method was used to obtain a copy of MGS: Subsistence Limited Edition (red box). Price: 16.99. BOOYAH.

[/QUOTE]

Holy shit I'm jealous.

I'm repping Chester, and there is a play and trade over in colonial heights. I haven't been there myself, but I should stop by.

Not video game related BUT is anyone going to the DC United game on Saturday? I can't because I am leaving town on Friday but would LOOOOOVE the free shirt they give to the firs 7500, I'd pay $20 for it :)

[quote name='enemyofusall']Not video game related BUT is anyone going to the DC United game on Saturday? I can't because I am leaving town on Friday but would LOOOOOVE the free shirt they give to the firs 7500, I'd pay $20 for it :)[/QUOTE]

I wish I could go I wont be back in VA till Friday :(

bread's done
Back