Virginia CaG

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

tell me when you decide to go!

I will

In Hampton Roads there is a pawnshop chain called Cash Converters which usually have some rare games and under priced games... Specifically in Virginia Beach, there is Cool Stuff, which are two locally owned video game stores... Cool Stuff you can find rare items and a little under priced items... Oh and Old Skool Games is overpriced on most their items compared to Cool Stuff...

I'll have to check them out. I don't get over to VA Beach much because it's a bit of a drive.
Posted Image

#32 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

Here are some I frequent

Cool Stuff (Va Beach)<----Best prices, Buy/Sell prices are top notch, largest inventory)
Replays (Va Beach)
Replays (Chesapeake)
Play n Trade (Chesapeake)
Posted Image

#33 H4Y4TO

H4Y4TO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

Here are some I frequent

Cool Stuff (Va Beach)<----Best prices, Buy/Sell prices are top notch, largest inventory)
Replays (Va Beach)
Replays (Chesapeake)
Play n Trade (Chesapeake)

There is no Replays in Chesapeake? There is one on Kempsville RD and another one on General Booth both in VA Beach...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

Nice thanks guys I will have to scour these soon!

gallery_474050_8161_61772.jpg

#35 H4Y4TO

H4Y4TO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:55 AM

Nice thanks guys I will have to scour these soon!

You coming down to Hampton Roads?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

You coming down to Hampton Roads?

Yeah, it's quite a drive just to do it........

I probably won't go back for a while especially since I found a place to get my haircut at in NNVA.
Posted Image

#37 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

Richmond here.

Strange Matter in Richmond has occasional fighting game tournaments organized by the VCU Fight Club, and Tuesday nights are half price burger night, usually draws a gamer crowd too.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#38 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

Richmond here.

Strange Matter in Richmond has occasional fighting game tournaments organized by the VCU Fight Club, and Tuesday nights are half price burger night, usually draws a gamer crowd too.

oh the times I wish I wasn't absolutely horrible at fighting games haha :(

On a side note, the Best Buy at Pentagon City has some great guide deals:

$9.99 Hardcover:
BF3
FFXIII-2
Gear of War 3
UNcharted 3

$4.99 Softcover:
BF3
Saints Row 3
..i forget the rest. The only thing that sucks is they decided to put a HUGE C on colored paper taped to the plastic. Good luck getting it off while still keeping it sealed.

Edited by enemyofusall, 21 March 2012 - 02:08 AM.

#39 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:27 AM

There is no Replays in Chesapeake? There is one on Kempsville RD and another one on General Booth both in VA Beach...

Your right I was referencing the one on Kempsville Rd, very close to chesapeake, but considered Virginia Beach.
Posted Image

#40 H4Y4TO

H4Y4TO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

Your right I was referencing the one on Kempsville Rd, very close to chesapeake, but considered Virginia Beach.

Oh Yeah... I think that their might be one opening up in Chesapeake, near Chesapeake Square Mall in a year or two...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#41 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:21 AM

Oh Yeah... I think that their might be one opening up in Chesapeake, near Chesapeake Square Mall in a year or two...

I was in that area over a week ago.

I just learned today that the DMV sucks in VA. I figure others here would probably agree with me. At the time I got there (in the afternoon), I was told that people were waiting for 1 hour and 20 minutes.......still haven't been waited on. I went ahead and waited. There were 12 counters w/ less than half of them open. Employees moved slow too. Luckily I only had to stand in line once to change my Driver's License and license plate over. It's the opposite from MD because VA mails you the ID while giving you the title while there (MD gives you an ID while there and mails you the title). I got out of there in 2 hours at least (after waiting and going through my process). Just after I got my papers handed and I paid, the power went out. Guess I somehow cursed the place. The biggest thing I hated was having to stand near the counters (MD and IN had seats on the other side of the counters).

Despite my experience not being too great, I'll admit I had a worse experience at the MVA in MD once, and the BMV in IN several times.

Anyone else have bad/good experiences at the DMV?
Posted Image

#42 H4Y4TO

H4Y4TO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:40 AM

I was in that area over a week ago.

I just learned today that the DMV sucks in VA. I figure others here would probably agree with me. At the time I got there (in the afternoon), I was told that people were waiting for 1 hour and 20 minutes.......still haven't been waited on. I went ahead and waited. There were 12 counters w/ less than half of them open. Employees moved slow too. Luckily I only had to stand in line once to change my Driver's License and license plate over. It's the opposite from MD because VA mails you the ID while giving you the title while there (MD gives you an ID while there and mails you the title). I got out of there in 2 hours at least (after waiting and going through my process). Just after I got my papers handed and I paid, the power went out. Guess I somehow cursed the place. The biggest thing I hated was having to stand near the counters (MD and IN had seats on the other side of the counters).

Despite my experience not being too great, I'll admit I had a worse experience at the MVA in MD once, and the BMV in IN several times.

Anyone else have bad/good experiences at the DMV?

I agree that the DMV is slow. I think the ones in the city are by far the slowest (at least in VA) and the ones in the country areas are a little better. I went through the one is Suffolk and it was quick. I waited less then 10 min and the process took just about the same amount of time... When I went to the one in VA Beach I was there for 1 hour (for the same inquire)...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:40 AM

mana Knight, my experience was awful! We thought 30 mins before the place open was fine but nope, we were about 30th in line. From the time we waited to the time we had that piece of paper in our hands was ~3 hours, WTF haha. Pennsylvania's albeit much smaller, obviously, was a nice 15 mins haha.

#44 PintSizedPurple

PintSizedPurple

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

The above method was used to obtain a copy of MGS: Subsistence Limited Edition (red box). Price: 16.99. BOOYAH.

Holy shit I'm jealous.

I'm repping Chester, and there is a play and trade over in colonial heights. I haven't been there myself, but I should stop by.

#45 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

Re: DMV:
You guys should try the NC DMVs sometime...100 times worse than anything in VA. :lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#46 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:28 AM

Not video game related BUT is anyone going to the DC United game on Saturday? I can't because I am leaving town on Friday but would LOOOOOVE the free shirt they give to the firs 7500, I'd pay $20 for it :)

#47 H4Y4TO

H4Y4TO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:47 AM

Not video game related BUT is anyone going to the DC United game on Saturday? I can't because I am leaving town on Friday but would LOOOOOVE the free shirt they give to the firs 7500, I'd pay $20 for it :)

I wish I could go I wont be back in VA till Friday :(
Posted Image

Posted Image

#48 redraid8

redraid8

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:49 AM

Repping Winchester/Front Royal area. Between the two areas are three Targets, four Wal-Marts, five Gamestops, two K-Marts and one Best Buy and one Sears. Pretty good hunting area.

#49 Rasen

Rasen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

Representing Fairfax County/Tyson's Corner

#50 Kfoster1979

Kfoster1979

Fanboys Suck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

Roanoke here.....

[B]3DS FC 1977-0174-5552
Follow me on Twitter
Posted Image

#51 brentgolden

brentgolden

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

Dulles area!!!

#52 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

Winchester here.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#53 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:39 AM

In case anyone is interested, the Zelda Symphony thing is going to be in Vienna, VA (near Dulles) on July 26.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#54 samone

samone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

Im in Newport News and am addicted to buying games.. They say the first step is admitting that your an addict. My gamer tags are KingOfBadNewz on Xbox and Psn. I have lots of games to play and would love to play with fellow Cags. Just mention your a cag when you send a friend request.

#55 Burning Karma

Burning Karma

Shepherd of Fire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

I moved to the Abingdon/Bristol area from North Carolina about two months back. I don't expect to see many people from here on CAG, but if you are, send me a message! :D

#56 PintSizedPurple

PintSizedPurple

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

you guys know any mom and pop stores in chester-colonial heights-petersburg-southside richmond area? Google gives me lots of gamestops -_-
Posted Image

#57 themidgardknight

themidgardknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

Fred Vegas over here! (Fredericksburg)

#58 swim83

swim83

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

Manassas on breaks and in the summer/ Blacksburg during the school year

#59 Only One Haze

Only One Haze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Grew up in VA Beach, been in Richmond the last 6 years!

#60 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

If anyone wants to grab Forza Horizon ($15) or AC3 ($25) tons in stock at the microsoft store in pentagon city mall