Red Dead Redemption GOTY (PS3) $29.99 at Amazon

if the 360 version hits this price I may snag it over the holidays with the Amazon credit I'm about to get. good deal for PS3 owners though

I'm trying to decide if I want to wait for it to hit $20. I had it when it first came out an loved it. I beat it already so I would probably only play the zombie stuff right now. I will definitely want to replay this game in the future though. I'm thinking $20 is my price for this, but $20 is very tempting. If it wasn't the holidays I think I would bite on it though. Money needs to go towards gifts.

Major, MAJOR props to Amazon. I bought this yesterday when it was still 39.99. This after waiting weeks trying to catch a better deal but finally bit. Order shipped this afternoon and I just now saw this thread.

I contacted CS on the off chance that I could get them to price match the ten dollar difference and they did with no hesitation. Beats reordering and refusing shipment on the first one.

Now I'm taking my ten bucks and putting it toward God of War Origins and Resistance DP!

I

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']I'm trying to decide if I want to wait for it to hit $20. I had it when it first came out an loved it. I beat it already so I would probably only play the zombie stuff right now. I will definitely want to replay this game in the future though. I'm thinking $20 is my price for this, but $20 is very tempting. If it wasn't the holidays I think I would bite on it though. Money needs to go towards gifts.[/QUOTE]

If you're only interested in the zombie stuff, you can find the Undead Nightmare standalone game for under $20 now (has even made its way to Big Lots for around $18). It also includes the multiplayer and 2 of the other DLC packs included in the GOTY edition. Undead Nightmare is definitely worth it, though, whether alone or bundled in the GOTY edition...great game.

Was able to pick up the x360 (non-GOTY) version at Target for $12. Another game added to my ever growing backlog.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Come on Amazon, lets get the Xbox version down to 30 also.[/QUOTE]

This x 1000. RDR and GTA4 look a mess on my ps3

[quote name='chunlirocks']This x 1000. RDR and GTA4 look a mess on my ps3[/QUOTE]

Funny you said that considering I bought GTA IV Special Edition with RDR GOTY! For the PS3 though cuz I do most of my gaming on it. Can't wait for them to come....so they can sit in my backlog of 20 games. :roll:

[quote name='wtsutton']Funny you said that considering I bought GTA IV Special Edition with RDR GOTY! For the PS3 though cuz I do most of my gaming on it. Can't wait for them to come....so they can sit in my backlog of 20 games. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I have the RDR GOTY and GTA SE for my ps3 and just got the GTA4 SE for my 360 and can see the difference. I think you have to mess with the contrast and brightness on the ps3 version but you can eventually get it right.

[quote name='chunlirocks']This x 1000. RDR and GTA4 look a mess on my ps3[/QUOTE]

I had no idea this was a problem. I have GTA4SE on the PS3 and always thought it looked awful but thought it was the same for 360. RDR is the same? I bought 2 PS3 bundles on Black Friday so my wife and I could play BF3 together without having to pay for 2 Live subscriptions and now I'm nervous. RDR was another I was thinking of getting for us.

People says that RDR 360 version is better than PS3 due to the high res or whatever. I played RDR on PS3 and it looked great to me. I guess I didn't have the 360 version to compare to, so I didn't feel like I 'missed out' anything. FWIW, I was playing on a 720p LCD TV with HDMI input.

I don't plan on playing online, but I still want the GOTY to have Undead Nightmare, plus all the DLC.
I know the XBox version will show up for $30 sometime soon, I have more than enough to keep me occupied until then.

i cant decide if i want this now or wait a little more. i also have about 130 bucks in gamestop credit and a used copy over there is 34,99 with 10% off it will be around this price

now i want driver San Francisco for 19.99

[quote name='parrothead87']If you do not plan on playing online, is the vanilla version the way to go[/QUOTE]

Depends on what you're into. I'd say that, even without the multiplayer, the GOTY edition is worth it just for Undead Nightmare's single player campaign...but if 10-ish hours of traveling the countryside trampling the undead under the hooves of the four horses of the apocalypse isn't your cup of tea, vanilla would probably work.

bread's done
Back