Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:46 AM

Anyone else get lost at wallbridge? I ran around in circles for an hour

#62 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

Anyone else get lost at wallbridge? I ran around in circles for an hour

Nope. I eventually figured it out. It's a rectangle, and actually a very straight-forward map once you know the layout. I had trouble at first because there were like 2 northwests, etc, cause of the name. Then I started ignoring the names.

#63 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Right before the final dungeon (regular arc, not the future arc), doing sidequests. This has actually been more enjoyable than the main part of the game.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#64 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

Right before the final dungeon (regular arc, not the future arc), doing sidequests. This has actually been more enjoyable than the main part of the game.

Same, I like the free roam. It was annoying how before you were blocked off from areas unrelated to the story, but I guess it prevented people from getting lost.

#65 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

I haven't checked EBay yet, but are the GS pre-order codes for this selling for big bucks?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#66 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

I haven't checked EBay yet, but are the GS pre-order codes for this selling for big bucks?

There are a few on ebay, the cheapest one is $17.25.

#67 saberz

saberz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

I hate this about some JRPGs, written for puppy dog eyed 12 year olds. But I'm able to deal as long as the story is bearable and I don't have the urge to murder more than half the cast.

Reminds me of Abyss, hated the first several hours, but it later turned into one of my favorite in the series.

It isn't always a bad thing. I mean Suikoden II was a friendship thing, but not so overly friendly as it is in ToG-F.
[PSN] - INFO
Posted Image

#68 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

Comparing this game's "friendship" theme to Suikoden II's is just plain insulting to Suikoden II.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#69 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

On the last dungeon of future arc on my NG+. Did everything on Chaos mode, and skipped every CG. Not looking forward to the last fight, since that gave me trouble on normal.

It's funny when a level 90 normal monster has 4k P.Atk and can one-shot you, when you're 120 using +20 armor, Grade O shards, and half damage titles...

Edited by elessar123, 11 April 2012 - 05:50 PM.

#70 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

Didn't play yesterday, but beat future arc again today. Boss turned out to be a joke on Chaos mode; I actually had way more problems on normal mobs before the boss.

Weird thing is, I killed it 5 times (twice on normal, once on easy for the trophy, and twice on chaos), and
Spoiler

#71 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

Didn't play yesterday, but beat future arc again today. Boss turned out to be a joke on Chaos mode; I actually had way more problems on normal mobs before the boss.

Weird thing is, I killed it 5 times (twice on normal, once on easy for the trophy, and twice on chaos), and

Spoiler

What did you grab in the grade shop? I think I should grab everything except more dmg & crits.

#72 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

What did you grab in the grade shop? I think I should grab everything except more dmg & crits.

2x damage
2x sp
3x sp
2x sp on previously mastered titles
keep titles
2x xp
5x xp
keep eleth mixer upgrade
keep stamp upgrades
+1 min CC
keep books
inherit art usage
I think I got double gald, double drop, and double chance if generating an item in eleth mixer, though I can't recall for sure.

I think that was it, but I don't have a list in front of me.

With 2x damage, I had to use all-divides on earlier bosses, but I didn't use it on the boss of the main arc or future arc. Normal mobs will hit hard though.

I wanted inherit cartas, but you probably only have the easier to get ones anyways, so I don't regret not getting it.

I had no gald by then, so I didn't bother with that one.

5x/10x damage is scary. Might try it if I ever try again.

Didn't inherit crystals. I did have double crystal drop rate book though. I got more crystals than I can temper anyways.

Hope you have the book and titles for half damage. You'll need them for most bosses/some mobs.

#73 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

Wow I feel disgusted. Europe is getting an awesome CE for this game. Honestly I don't know why Namco decided to screw the US like that.

Posted Image

ostzsk.jpg

#74 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:54 AM

Wow I feel disgusted. Europe is getting an awesome CE for this game. Honestly I don't know why Namco decided to screw the US like that.

Posted Image

Well, they did have to wait 6 months. And they had to wait almost a year to get Vesperia (and no Special Edition at that).

It works out for me as I was waiting for this game to drop to $30, but for a SE, I'll throw down $60.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#75 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

didn't see that at first but you get tales of destiny 2 with it. Very cool.

Kamagii.png

#76 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

WHAT? That's BS.

#77 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

I don't think that's the case. It says:

DLC Card with
Costume Set Tales of Destiny 2
& Exclusive PS3 Themes

I believe it's missing a colon, not a comma. It's saying that it comes with a Tales of Destiny 2 Costume Set and Exclusive PS3 themes; It's the Gamestop exclusive DLC.

#78 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

Well, this is a pre-order upgrade... and seeing how Namco handled the Dark Souls upgrade, they'll probably end up making everything DLC and no physical contents, outside of a sleeve of something.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#79 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:18 AM

oh my bad well nevermind no sense in preordering lol. I am very suprised they have not released it though I believe it is on the JP PSN.

Kamagii.png