[Closed] Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4618 replies to this topic

#961 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

I don't know how this got through but here is a lockscreen weather app for 99 cents.

http://appshopper.co...-screen-weather

#962 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

Anyone else confirming iExplorer contains malware?

seanr1221.png

#963 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

I don't know how this got through but here is a lockscreen weather app for 99 cents.

http://appshopper.co...-screen-weather

This is effectively a hack. It plays a "silent" sound in the background to keep the app running so it can update the weather and take a screenshot of it every few minutes and set it to your lock screen. Kills the battery. And if you kill the app, the screen goes back to normal. Think of it showing "album artwork".

Edited by Felder71, 30 December 2011 - 02:32 PM.
More info.

Posted Image

#964 clockworkgreen

clockworkgreen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

Not a deal: Zen Pinball tables back up to 1.99. Missed Cap.

#965 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

Sonic racing is pretty damn good, especially for free.

seanr1221.png

#966 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:15 PM

Sonic racing is pretty damn good, especially for free.

I must have missed this when it was originally posted. Thanks for mentioning it. I just picked it up.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#967 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:39 PM

Not a deal: Zen Pinball tables back up to 1.99. Missed Cap.

Weird how they raised back the prices up early. Today is the last day to get them for 99 cents.

#968 Sir Daniel Fortesque

Sir Daniel Fortesque

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

I thought the Sega racer was mediocre, but then again I'm playing MK7 right now so....

#969 The Truth 34

The Truth 34

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

Sad to see you go, Dimms. I don't think anyone can deny at this point that the spreadsheet is pretty much trashed by all the asshats and lurkers taking the codes, adding nothing to the spreadsheet or this thread.

edit: all gone, don't bother PMing me anymore.

Edited by The Truth 34, 30 December 2011 - 07:33 PM.

#970 walletandgromice

walletandgromice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

This is a false positive. It has the same file name as a virus from 2008 or so.

http://forums.malwar...howtopic=103324

#971 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:29 PM

I don't know what's happened to our beloved CAG community lately but things have definitely changed around here. I'm not one to complain because lord knows I've gotten more than my fair share of deals and freebies through other's posts, but CAG is no longer a must-visit destination for me. I was out of town for a few days this past weekend and I never once felt compelled to give CAG a peek. When I did log back in, I waded through page after page of mostly sniping and general chatter. The latest development is that I've now started receiving PMs from CAGs I've never heard of before asking me to upload DLC for them so they won't have to shell out .99 for it like everyone else. That's right: .99. Sorry, I may be a cheapass but I'm not going to deprive the developers of quality iOS titles their fair share. Maybe it's just the holiday slow-down and things will return to "normal" around here after the New Year. I don't know. I'll probably still check in from time to time, but I'm definitely going on hiatus for a while. Thanks to all the regular contributors and friends that I've made over the years here. It was fun while it lasted. Maybe I'll see you around on GameCenter. I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year.

I got some of the same PMs. These are asshats, not cheap ass gamers. Ever since the Starbucks codes appeared this thread has gone downhill fast. I think it might return to normal if either Starbucks stops giving out such codes (as well as Facebook), or people take the code posting/begging to the free stuff forum where it belongs. Thanks for screwing the thread over, folks.

#972 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

http://appshopper.co...-hearts-of-mine
These Robotic Hearts of Mine dropped to .99 from 1.99. Looks like an interesting puzzle game, toucharcade liked it:
http://toucharcade.c...of-mine-review/
I'm going to try it out.

#973 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:47 PM

Lumi and Lumi HD have both dropped to 99c. Seems to have good reviews.

http://appshopper.com/games/lumi-hd-2

http://appshopper.co...hone-ipod-touch

#974 Fatality

Fatality

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

Cows vs Aliens
iOS Universal
Free
http://itunes.apple....d415521464?mt=8

#975 jedimario

jedimario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

What does a Starbucks code look like? I keep going to them but I do not see anything that looks like a stack of codes.

#976 revsmitty

revsmitty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:01 PM

What does a Starbucks code look like? I keep going to them but I do not see anything that looks like a stack of codes.

Like a stack of business cards here.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#977 ninjalunchbox79

ninjalunchbox79

WTF?!?!?!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

wish i couldve logged in sooner ... cant believe i missed the zen pinball tables at .99 a pop!!! Also starbucks is handing out app cards or whatever?? Didnt know this & the wife goes there constantly ..... oh well ive been pretty busy with gears3 & MW3!!!

#978 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

Haven't seen anything, but I run it on a Mac and haven't had a problem.

#979 xXI SPECTER IXx

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:55 PM

I had trouble sending a PM to The Truth 34 for a star walk code. I do not know if it is only me having trouble asking me to log in again before and after sending a PM.

Edited by xXI SPECTER IXx, 30 December 2011 - 06:56 PM.
more text

#980 scp89

scp89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

go ahead download it and see for yourself :)

#981 v1et r1ce

v1et r1ce

Formerly nikelecious91

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:26 PM

Minesweeper by Layer Studio is free til 1/5.

http://itunes.apple....d393030808?mt=8

#982 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:28 PM

This is effectively a hack. It plays a "silent" sound in the background to keep the app running so it can update the weather and take a screenshot of it every few minutes and set it to your lock screen. Kills the battery. And if you kill the app, the screen goes back to normal. Think of it showing "album artwork".

I really don't understand why Apple locks out the feature of the lock screen. Is there any way to set the time it refreshes? When I had mine jailbroken, I got the weather every 30 minutes or so. I gotta say though it's pretty clever that they're able to do that. This app sounds a little better than the other ones that are essentially screenshots of a weather app that you manually have to update.

#983 vamn

vamn

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:40 PM

It just sucks that the community has turned to this, I feel like there have been a bunch of kids who heard about CAG through the Free Stuff section and branched off into looking for freebies here. Lurking and putting other users' names on the spreadsheet is just childish and moronic.

If there's a way to make the spreadsheet invite-only and be able to track who signs what, that'd be optimal. Hopefully we can find a solution.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: It's the Xbox Code Drop, plain and simple.

Once news of it spread, every 13-year-old on Xbox Live flooded to that thread. And now they've spilled over to the rest of CAG. Ever noticed how many threads have just been reduced to nothing but griefing and witty retorts like "STFU F@GGiT!!11" over the last year?

uKeETz5.jpgvamn.png

#984 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

Man, hard to see Dimms go. I have to admit. When I first got my Ipod touch last year, this thread helped me find some cool freebies. Dimms appreciate all the hard work.

#985 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:51 PM

http://appshopper.co...s/siege-hero-hd

Siege Hero HD for iPad is free. It's a great game like Angry Birds.

#986 djbool

djbool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:30 PM

Honestly, and this is just me, yeah ... maybe CAG has gotten a bit more rough around the edges lately, but I don't think it's gotten horrific. Ya know, I've never actually been to the spread sheet ... I've heard folks talking about it, but I tend to be around Starbucks and Facebook enough that I just haven't found a good reason to figure out how to access it.

My point is ... as long as folks keep posting good deals on apps, chatting about what they like and what they don't and following sales as they come ... well, I think we're all going to be ok. Just my 2 cents

I agree completely. I haven't posted any deal and will admit I've only taken advantage of this thread in the past, but my news years resolution was to contribute more. ;)
:lol: I love games, games, games!!! :lol:

#987 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

so now someone is adding my name to all of the codes on the spreadsheet? (i mean in addition to bejeweled) wtf, grow up.

Edited by confoosious, 30 December 2011 - 11:30 PM.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#988 icedout297

icedout297

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

They look like a double stack of vertical business cards. At the Starbucks I go to, they are at the counter where you wait for you drink to be finished, not the checkout.

#989 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

I have a question about iCloud. I have a Ipod Touch (Software iOS 5) and IPad (iOS 4). iCloud is working properly as far as whatever I download on iPod Touch, automatically downloads on my IPad. The thing I am wondering about, I have Infinity Blade II, my IPod Touch backups my save data, but when I go to play Infinity blade II on IPad, my save data is no where to be found from iPod Touch. How can you use your save data on another device? Do I have to access the data a special way? Thanks
Posted Image

#990 SirConnery

SirConnery

You're The Man Now Dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

The free codes should be in a different thread alltogether. Possibly in the Freebies Forum. Personally, I never accessed it myself. I either download free apps on iTunes or buy everything outright. I like the idea of it and thank all those who contributed, but since this is a public forum, it is bound to be abused in some way. I would suggest that 1 to 3 people maintain the list via dropbox.com and limit the access to it. It should however have a dedicated thread so that it doesn't intermix into the deal news in this thread. Similar to the Gamecenter and OpenFeint ID exchange thread.