[Closed] Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4618 replies to this topic

#2011 Daviddenton3

Daviddenton3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

yeah, i've had the same password since i started itunes years ago. so password isn't an issue. someone may have been trying to brute force hack your account. with no better methods the most base thing someone can do is just guess at your password over and over.

#2012 KenKeith

KenKeith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:29 PM

a few months ago apple started requiring more complicated passwords. this was likely your first purchase since that change, hence the issues with resetting your password.

#2013 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

Fairway Solitaire is worth every penny and ten times more. The PC version had me playing for 20+ hours and the iOS version has me hooked again. It's way better than any game with Solitaire in it deserves to be. Give it a try. You will not be disappointed.
Posted Image

#2014 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

Loved Fairway Solitaire on the PC, but it kinda left a sour taste for me as the last course or so were unforgivably hard. I'll buy it again if someone tells me they fixed that ridiculousness.

#2015 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

The Adventures of Tintin - The Game is on sale for $0.99
http://appshopper.co...tintin-the-game
It's also discounted on FMA for the weekend, can anyone recommend it?

Also I really liked Fairway Solitare as well and will probably get on the next Big Fish 99 cent sale.

#2016 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:26 AM

I'm confused about something with Fairway Solitaire HD. Why is there an option in the game to buy for $2.99? What exactly do you get for that price?

The free version comes with 6 courses. When you upgrade, you get access to the other 60.

There's also some stuff you can buy in the shop with golf bucks, or way overpriced stuff with real bucks.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#2017 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:50 AM

Grabbed GTA 3 for $0.99 since I just got my iPhone 4s. Then I saw League of Evil 2 (also $0.99) just came out.

This took me down to $0.45 credit. So when I discovered GTA Chinatown Wars was $0.99, I had my wife gift it to me with her massive amount of iTunes $$$. Don't know how she manages to amass such a fortune, but she does.

#2018 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:53 AM

Grabbed GTA 3 for $0.99 since I just got my iPhone 4s. Then I saw League of Evil 2 (also $0.99) just came out.

This took me down to $0.45 credit. So when I discovered GTA Chinatown Wars was $0.99, I had my wife gift it to me with her massive amount of iTunes $$$. Don't know how she manages to amass such a fortune, but she does.

Is she a Chinese hacker? :)

I thought about snagging the GTA games, but I find myself playing less and less of the action games on iOS. More social games and puzzle games these days.

#2019 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:13 AM

I thought you can't gift apps with iTunes credit?

#2020 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

OpenFeint: Dimms

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:26 AM

A couple of first-time iPad (only) freebies for your Presidents' weekend:
Terrafarmers HD — "A cosmic wasteland stretches out before you! Your job: use advanced terraforming technologies to revive the barren celestial expanse! Featuring thrilling time management gameplay, stunning visuals and a captivating story, Terrafarmers is an out-of-this-world casual gaming experience!
Watch in wide-eyed wonder as new plant life springs up from parched alien soil with a few taps of your finger, and learn to take care of the wild creatures that emerge from the undergrowth. As you hop from planet to planet, gather the goods these organisms produce and sell them on the galactic market for a profit, use sophisticated machines to manufacture unique merchandise, and serve customers eager to purchase the latest and greatest wares. Just make sure you collect enough DNA credits to upgrade your equipment, and always be on your guard against the pirates that want to steal your supplies!"

BridgeTheGapHD
– "Avast! Cap'n Sneer an' the Pirates o’ The Buccaneer Keys be stagin’ an expedition in search o’ treasure, and if th’ shiny gold what’s turned their heads is to be theirs, ‘t’ll be thanks to yer help, matey. Test yer wits with a whole slew o' mind-bendin' puzzles; face-off against swarthy scallawags standin' between ye and yer loot. Ya need only get from one end o' the stage to the other: simple? Hardly!"

And a Universal app for the rest of us:
8 Bit Zombie Deadops drops to FREE for its first time.
"WHEN HELL IS FULL THE DEAD WILL WALK THE EARTH
The explosion of Zombie games has taken the world by storm and every game brings better graphics, larger levels and more complicated gameplay but what if you could go back to a time where video games were video games… thats right the 80's!!!
8 bit Zombie Deadops brings all your favorite zombie slaying game style to the iPhone in classic 8 bit form. Featuring 5 great levels filled with wave after wave of attacking zombies for your slaughtering pleasure.
Features include
• Multiple weapons
• Authentic 8 bit Music
• Free updates
George A. Romero would be so proud :-)"

#2021 numchuk nate

numchuk nate

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

Me too! I've tried but can't figure out how to gift with my credit.

#2022 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

You can't gift with credit

#2023 Hakudo

Hakudo

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

Grand Prix Story is currently on sale for $.99

#2024 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

I know she doesn't have a credit card attached to her account anymore.

She went to the app store and gifted it. It sent me an email and I redeemed it.

#2025 zeb06

zeb06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

Lol unless they have recently changed that, yes you can gift apps with itunes credit...hell, check my trade feedback. Ive traded several times on here...their iTunes credit apps for my Wii credit downloads, PSN credit, and stuff.

Veign06.jpg       76561198006310375.png

Free iTunes and Amazon credit -- http://m.freemyapps....re/url/c1b61416

#2026 E-Z-B

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:57 AM

Free app:

TowerMadness Zero
TowerMadness is the first hit game from the makers of Zombie Gunship and Nuts! Evil aliens are coming to turn your beloved sheep into intergalactic scarves! Protect the flock using only quick thinking and the arsenal of upgradeable weaponry at your disposal.

MapleStory Thief Edition
Do you have what it takes to turn a lowly thief into the savior of Maple World? MapleStory: Thief Edition brings all the wonder, excitement, humor, and characters of the beloved original online phenomenon to an exciting new side-scrolling action/RPG.

From outcast to hero, this thief's story is your story!
Posted Image

#2027 Ervgotti85

Ervgotti85

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:50 AM

Pokemon pocket edition in the AppStore for $4.99 I wonder how long before it gets pulled.

#2028 tenchim86

tenchim86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:58 AM

Pokemon pocket edition in the AppStore for $4.99 I wonder how long before it gets pulled.

It's just a stupid gallery of pictures from the game. I can't believe people actually bought it without reading the description. It'll get pulled soon.

#2029 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

OpenFeint: Dimms

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:25 AM

Not exactly a game, Beat Slice has nevertheless dropped to FREE for the first time.
"Crush it, Mix it, Slice it, Shift it.
Take a perfect good song from your music library and destroy it with style!
Beat Slice is an expressive remixing tool that allows you to take your existing music and transform it in multiple creative ways.
Built in effects include:
• Reverser: Reverse a beat
• low n high: Play a beat high or low
• Slicer: Cut it up and slice and glue it back together
• Lo-Fi: Good old vinyl sound…
• Mute It: Skip it off and on like a DJ"

To continue our daily zombie highlight, Judge Dredd vs Zombies is currently available for FREE.
"Empowered to arrest, judge and execute, Judge Dredd is the Law. Arm yourself with a Lawgiver pistol and three other devastating, upgradable weapons. Fight four deadly zombie archetypes in thirty levels of game play. Choose from seven special upgrades to give you an edge over your undead foe!
Earn stars and commendations based on performance. Ensure your Law meter is kept to maximum at all times by eliminating zombies, collecting shields and avoiding damage. Watch your ammo count as you blast through waves of attacking undead. When the going gets tough, upgrade your Lawgiver or try the Spitgun, Scattergun or Hi-Ex Launcher. Immerse yourself in a future world where the extreme is the norm!"

#2030 Daviddenton3

Daviddenton3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:17 AM

There are alot of people pissed about that pokemon pocket edition. Then again when there was no mention of nintendo or game freak anywhere in the description its hard to believe they gave the ok for this.
Sadly some jerk is going to make some money off of idiots for very little work.

#2031 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:54 AM

What about Pokemon yellow app? It's number three in the store currently an the reviews say it wont even open. Do people really think that it is actually pokemon?

#2032 Rychy

Rychy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:12 AM

I just looked up the Pokemon - Pocket Edition app out of curiosity. That is just wrong. It's even listed in the games category. No way that should've been approved for the app store.

#2033 willynateDgreat

willynateDgreat

2OLD2GAME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

I just looked up the Pokemon - Pocket Edition app out of curiosity. That is just wrong. It's even listed in the games category. No way that should've been approved for the app store.

Will the confusing process of app approval never cease?
Posted Image

#2034 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

Well that's a little unnerving. I was forced to change my apple ID password. When I looked it up that means someone tried to access my account too many times and failed.

#2035 drock

drock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

Uncle Slam (http://itunes.apple....lam/id446883378) is free for President's Day.

#2036 envelopes

envelopes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

Will the confusing process of app approval never cease?

Let's just hope more tethering apps get through.

#2037 jjoplinfan

jjoplinfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:47 AM

Well that's a little unnerving. I was forced to change my apple ID password. When I looked it up that means someone tried to access my account too many times and failed.

Happened to me, too.

Someone actually got into a friends iTunes account and made purchases.

#2038 Britshady

Britshady

Own Them All

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:21 AM

Must be going around because someone got into my account as well. I've never done anything but buy apps through my itunes interface on my computer. Weird.

Posted Image

Collection (Hasn't been updated in YEARS!)
http://users.ign.com...ction/BritShady

#2039 ryne candy

ryne candy

Duck Duck Duck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:24 AM

My wife just signed into my iPhone with her account....bought the game and downloaded to my phone. When I connected it to my Mac...it synced GTA III & GTA:CW to my iTunes.

#2040 namrog

namrog

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

has anyone else had to replace the battery in an ipod touch 4g? It looks like having apple do it is going to cost nearly $100.