4618 replies to this topic

#2761 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

Really enjoying Finger Shot RPG

http://itunes.apple....d452945524?mt=8

It is free for now. Reminds me of playing marbles crossed with RPG elements. Works great on my "new" Ipad.

Not showing free for me-?

#2762 guessed

guessed

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

Not showing free for me-?

Was free from March 31 to April 4. Once you've gotten an app, iTunes no longer tells you the current price, so it can be hard to tell if something is still free or not.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#2763 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:49 AM

Really enjoying Finger Shot RPG

http://itunes.apple....d452945524?mt=8

It is free for now. Reminds me of playing marbles crossed with RPG elements. Works great on my "new" Ipad.

I've been really enjoying this game, grabbed it last week.

#2764 mrsamsa

mrsamsa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:33 AM

CAVE sale is live.

#2765 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

Battleloot Adventure is free on the 8th and 9th, been looking at this since it came out so this is great news to me.

Ninja Dino Showdown is half price (.99) for the weekend.

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 07 April 2012 - 05:13 AM.

#2766 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

OpenFeint: Dimms

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

The shmup Endless War is FREE during the Easter weekend.
"Face off against squadron after squadron of advanced alien fighters in an endless war for survival!
Mankind has had to abandon Earth, and in the process has become embroiled in an endless war where victory is the only hope for survival. Endless War is an adrenaline rush disguised as a vertically scrolling space shooter. Choose your aircraft, develop your weapons and defenses, upgrade your equipment, and wreak total destruction on your alien opponents.
Human fighters must dominate fifteen planets to ensure complete domination. Each will present its own challenges as the alien forces shift tactics and employ ever-more-advanced technology against you. To succeed, you must build the ultimate fighting machine and hone your strategies to razor-sharp precision.''

Car Club: Tuning Storm
is one of the new FAAD featured titles.
"A amazing 3D Car Tuning Entertainment software for iphone & ipad !!!!!
This may be the most excellent 3D Car Tuning Game! More choices for vehicle modification in this game than "Need for Speed" series and "Gran Turismo" series!
This software supplies large amount of full 3D high-poly texture car models for all-round modification. Each car has hundreds of replaceable parts,such as front bumper, rear bumper, car roof, car hood, car door,etc.You can create your own car as you like!
What's more,you can try to drive your car after modification,to inject nitrogen for shifting gear,to enjoy the excitement of random competitors and speed race, to check your achievement in game center at any time."

Tiny Monsters
is the OpenFeint FGotD.
"Can you find the Legendary monster?
Hatch, raise, and breed mysterious elemental creatures in Tiny Monsters by TinyCo!
★ Collect TONS of rare and adorable monsters!
★ Feed and care for your monsters until they EVOLVE!
★ Breed RARE hybrid monsters.
★ Enjoy beautiful hi-res artwork and JAW-DROPPING animation.
★ COMPLETE your magical monster collection!
You’ll need iOS 4 or later and an internet connection during play. Come quick: your monsters are waiting!"

Cradle of Rome 2 HD
(iPad only) drops all the way down from $4.99 to FREE for the first time.
"Welcome back to the city on the seven hills!
Rome was the most powerful and beautiful capitals of all time. Write your own history of the Roman Empire in this engaging puzzle game Cradle of Rome 2.
Journey through 100 levels of matching fun and exhilarating process of building the city. Match three or more tiles and experience the new world of Rome from the cradle to the glory. Solve challenging mini-games and draw blueprints to turn your small settlement into the flourishing empire. Discover all-new game modes and earn trophies to prove your multi-faceted skills. Become the Emperor of Cradle of Rome 2!"

#2767 apinunw

apinunw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

Nuclear Hipster just drops to $0.99
http://appshopper.co...nuclear-hipster

I think it is about time.

#2768 paulcalypse

paulcalypse

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Civilization Revolution is $0.99 for iPhone and $1.99 for iPad.

#2769 Zeeb

Zeeb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

Dimsdale, thanks very much for the heads up on Cradle of Rome 2. It's a highly enjoyable Match 3 game with excellent production values and loads of levels. Similar to Fishdom, Around the World in 80 Days or Saqqarah.

#2770 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

NBA 2K12 dropped to $0.99 (iPhone) and $1.99 (iPad). Lowest it's ever been.

iPhone
http://appshopper.co...2k12-for-iphone

iPad
http://appshopper.co...a-2k12-for-ipad

#2771 Greyline108

Greyline108

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

Quarrel Deluxe has dropped from $2.99 to $0.99. It's a fun little word game where you fight for control over a map, and your battles involve finding anagrams. Sadly, it's single player only, and while the devs seem to be interested in adding multiplayer, they haven't confirmed that they'll actually do so. Still, I have fun with it.

iOS Universal:
http://appshopper.co.../quarrel-deluxe

#2772 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

CAVE sale is live.

Might grab bug princess for $3 even though I just bought the sequel

#2773 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

CAVE sale is live.

Grabbed Bug Princess at $2.99 and also Bug Princess 2 at its launch price of $4.99.

#2774 mrsamsa

mrsamsa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

Mushihimesama Bug Panic's also great, it's a mix of dual stick and bullet hell. Also for iphone 4s and ipad 2 users at least, there's no comparison to the HD versions, even at their prices.

#2775 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

I hated Bug Panic. It was nice for a while but got boring quick
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#2776 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

Cave Shooter 2 dropped to free for the first time, it's universal and works with the iCade.
http://appshopper.co.../cave-shooter-2

#2777 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

I liked Bug Panic. I'm not into shmups, but I thought it was pretty fun and not insanely difficult like most others.

#2778 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

Battleloot Adventure iphone and ipad version are free now.

#2779 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:31 AM

Battleloot Adventure iphone and ipad version are free now.

Just picked up the iPad version. I was just debating buying it yesterday after reading the review on Touch Arcade. Was just about to pull the trigger when I saw the info about it on this thread.
Posted Image

#2780 Dimsdale

Dimsdale

OpenFeint: Dimms

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:13 AM

Reiner Knizia's recently-released puzzler Color Conquest is available right now for FREE.
"The brand-new brain-teasing game by cult designer Reiner Knizia is now available exclusively for iOS!
One quadratic grid, 16 squares and 16 multicolored tiles – but how can they be arranged to create the largest color clusters possible? It looks simple, but to get a high score you will literally have to think outside the box: Only those who cleverly use the surrounding color frame to connect multiple clusters will make it to the top of the leaderboards.
Five different tiles with two or three different colors are randomly generated for each game, but you can only see the next piece you’ll be able to play. You’ll need clever tactics and have to rethink them on the fly to succeed."

Boom Bugs
is the new main FAAD game.
"Oh no! The forest has been invaded by nasty spiders!
Help Fuz, Oz, Merlin and friends squish their 8-legged enemies in this cute but challenging physics game.
Place the bugs in strategic locations, then tap to detonate!
Wipe out all the spiders to progress. In case of trouble you can always ask for help from the atomic Explod-a-Toad!"

Spot Venture Plus has also dropped to FREE for the first time.
"It's a very cute and creative spot the difference game, full of beautiful cartoon pictures and fun-filled challenges. Help the little bunny through the rocky road! You will master your skill in spot differences, with more differences spotted you will get more carrots. Come quickly to enjoy all the colorful stages along the way, let the spot venture begin!"

#2781 mietha

mietha

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

When you can't even play the basic first levels of the single-player game without it, though, that's a little extreme.

Actually, it's been a while so maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I don't think there was even an option to buy more cards on the PS3 version (at least not when I played it, when it first came out -- maybe something was added later). You could earn more through winning games, but well... that required being able to win games. Heh.

Regardless, yeah, I'm sure that the iOS version will be loaded down with IAP since that's the model now, which will be all the more reason to skip it.

I would normally leave this alone, but I wouldn't want anyone to be deterred from buying the game because of this. That is YOU can't win the first matches. The computer has **** cards until you play them the second time. Any deck can beat any other deck. Yes, some are stronger, but those are at the END of the single player. And yes, some are weak against certain others, as is the design of the game, but if YOU can't beat the early matches with ANY of the decks you are given at the start (which, I believe, as stated, is 10) in 12 tries, then that is all on you and your lack of knowledge of the game. I'm sorry, but that's a simple fact. The game design, and the game itself, for that matter, is excellent, and I would strongly suggest anyone that has a passing interest to check it out. And true deckbuilding will never be in DOTP. If it was, WTF would be the point of the cash-cow MTG online? The system is handled FAR better in 2012 than in the first one though. I will be buying 2013 probably literally as soon as it's on the ipad, unless it comes out on steam first, then I'll probably buy both. And as a reference, I've been playing MTG competitively since 1997 and even semi-professionally (my only job was running tournaments I didn't participate in) for several years. It's not perfect, but it is very good, and it's an excellent way to check out the game without investing the price of a car into it.

Edited by mietha, 08 April 2012 - 12:58 PM.

Posted Image

#2782 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

picked up smash cop since it was on sale. The one finger controls work well. I am really liking it.

#2783 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

Crytal War Blood Field is free
http://itunes.apple....d455937115?mt=8
Posted Image

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#2784 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

Hey guys I think you guys would know better then anyone else...

I just got a "The New iPad 3" and I really was thinking of going the Apple Smart Cover and something to protect the back of iPad (any ideas?)

I just purchased this case from Amazon http://www.amazon.co...33903421&sr=8-3

The case I got from Amazon is Bear in Motion 100% genuine cow Hide case+stand+Sleep/wake feature tailored for iPad 3, anyone use this case before? The reviews are outstanding for Version 2 (iPad 2) and the newest version (iPad 3).
Should I even bother with a screen protector or smart cover since I am getting this case?

I heard the screen is much stronger and scratch resistant (iPad 3) compared to iPad 1 (my screen shattered when GF drop it, I had the Otterbox Defender case, she only droped it 4 feet) but Im kinda suspiouse because we had an argument over the phone when it happened, so I did not actually see her drop it)

Also If I buy a screen protector from BestBuy do they install it for free? Im still fighting with myself if I want screen protector because the Retina screen is beautiful.
Posted Image

#2785 shyawayfantom

shyawayfantom

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

Get the smart cover and skip the screen protector

#2786 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Agreed. I've had my iPad 2 for over a year with no screen protector and it has no scratches on the screen. I just use a blue smartcover, and I have a 10.1" netbook neoprene sleeve I got for like $12 at target that I stick it in when throwing it in a bag etc.

I do have some light scratches on the metal on the back, so if you're anal about that then maybe get one of the skins or snap on back covers that work with the smart cover.

#2787 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Should I even bother with a screen protector or smart cover since I am getting this case?

You won't need a smart cover with that case. Actually, you couldn't even use the smart cover without removing your iPad from that case first.

Only get a screen protector if you have kids. If you hear *tap tap* when your GF is using it, explain to her nicely that fingernails are not conductors and you should be fine ^_^

#2788 stikmanrp

stikmanrp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hey guys I think you guys would know better then anyone else...

I just got a "The New iPad 3" and I really was thinking of going the Apple Smart Cover and something to protect the back of iPad (any ideas?)

I just purchased this case from Amazon http://www.amazon.co...33903421&sr=8-3

The case I got from Amazon is Bear in Motion 100% genuine cow Hide case+stand+Sleep/wake feature tailored for iPad 3, anyone use this case before? The reviews are outstanding for Version 2 (iPad 2) and the newest version (iPad 3).

I heard the screen is much stronger and scratch resistant (iPad 3) compared to iPad 1 (my screen shattered when GF drop it, I had the Otterbox Defender case, she only droped it 4 feet) but Im kinda suspiouse because we had an argument over the phone when it happened, so I did not actually see her drop it)

Also If I buy a screen protector from BestBuy do they install it for free? Im still fighting with myself if I want screen protector because the Retina screen is beautiful.

I have the bear motion case for my iPad 2 and love it. Also have a screen protector so my kids don't scratch the screen playing angry birds.
Good things don't end in "eum", then end in "mania"...and "teria" - Homer Simpson

#2789 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

I didn't really get a screen protector to protect the screen, so much as to cut down on fingerprints and smears. Before I got it, they were really visible and I had to wipe my screen off regularly. With it, they're still there to an extent, of course, but they're not nearly as visible. I'd say it's worth it for that, but YMMV of course.

I got a smart cover and have been debating a back cover. There's one that Target has (on clearance, even) that's made to work with the smart cover and has additional magnets in the back to hold the smart cover in place when it's folded behind the iPad. Only problem is that it's made for the iPad 2, and the new iPad is very slightly thicker so I don't know whether it will work or not (I'm assuming not, since it's a molded hard shell). Hoping a new iPad version of it comes out soon.

#2790 APreciousDragon

APreciousDragon

The cake is a lie!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

Battleloot Adventure is free on the 8th and 9th, been looking at this since it came out so this is great news to me.

Ninja Dino Showdown is half price (.99) for the weekend.

Thanks for these! Ended up grabbing both. I love tower defense and it looks cute! :)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)