[Closed] Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4619 replies to this topic

#2791 APreciousDragon

APreciousDragon

The cake is a lie!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

Zombies, Run! Has gone down by 50%, it's at $3.99 now.

This is my all time favorite app on the iphone right now! I paid full price for it, since I'd been looking for a good running app (running 5K in the mornings, needed something to spice it up a bit!). This did the trick. If you run (or walk) at all, this app is great for getting you to move even faster during certain points. I've only ever been chased by, at most, 3 zombies, in a 30 minute period. You complete missions and level up your town with supplies you collect. If you don't outrun the zombies (in real life), they 'hit' you and you lose supplies. Just a warning that for the zombie 'chases', I think you need the GPS enabled, so I think it can only be used with the iphone (for the zombie chases). Not sure if that's the case, since I only have ever uesd it on my iphone! :)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

#2792 vig02

vig02

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hey guys I think you guys would know better then anyone else...

I just got a "The New iPad 3" and I really was thinking of going the Apple Smart Cover and something to protect the back of iPad (any ideas?)

I just purchased this case from Amazon http://www.amazon.co...33903421&sr=8-3

The case I got from Amazon is Bear in Motion 100% genuine cow Hide case+stand+Sleep/wake feature tailored for iPad 3, anyone use this case before? The reviews are outstanding for Version 2 (iPad 2) and the newest version (iPad 3).
Should I even bother with a screen protector or smart cover since I am getting this case?

I heard the screen is much stronger and scratch resistant (iPad 3) compared to iPad 1 (my screen shattered when GF drop it, I had the Otterbox Defender case, she only droped it 4 feet) but Im kinda suspiouse because we had an argument over the phone when it happened, so I did not actually see her drop it)

Also If I buy a screen protector from BestBuy do they install it for free? Im still fighting with myself if I want screen protector because the Retina screen is beautiful.

Go here too: http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_cp_pc_2

I was in your same situation last week and I ended up buying the same case and love it. There are multiple brands of that same case on amazon. Some are as low as 8 bucks, but they might not work with the new iPad sleep/wake feature due to the covers magnet placement in the iPad 2 version.

I was about to buy the leather smart cover, but figured for 23 bucks I'll go this route and have no regrets. It's swell.

#2793 Max1337

Max1337

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

I just got a "The New iPad 3" and I really was thinking of going the Apple Smart Cover and something to protect the back of iPad (any ideas?)

I just purchased this case from Amazon http://www.amazon.co...33903421&sr=8-3

The case I got from Amazon is Bear in Motion 100% genuine cow Hide case+stand+Sleep/wake feature tailored for iPad 3, anyone use this case before? The reviews are outstanding for Version 2 (iPad 2) and the newest version (iPad 3).
Should I even bother with a screen protector or smart cover since I am getting this case?

I heard the screen is much stronger and scratch resistant (iPad 3) compared to iPad 1 (my screen shattered when GF drop it, I had the Otterbox Defender case, she only droped it 4 feet) but Im kinda suspiouse because we had an argument over the phone when it happened, so I did not actually see her drop it)

Also If I buy a screen protector from BestBuy do they install it for free? Im still fighting with myself if I want screen protector because the Retina screen is beautiful.

Buy the Smart Cover and order the Incipio Smart Feather

http://www.incipio.c...-Shell-Case.asp

Been using that combo. It's really nice.

#2794 Zeeb

Zeeb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

I have two ideas that may help you and also keep this thread from being derailed:

• 1. Go to the ios forum on this website and post a new thread about cases there.

#2795 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

Pix'n Love Rush is free http://itunes.apple....d373962521?mt=8

#2796 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

I never knew you can use an iCade to play Temple Run. I'm now curious to play it in that style. Now to find one for cheap. Should've got one when it was on sale at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

#2797 peloquin17

peloquin17

ChuckSideMafia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

blokus/blokus HD is free.

http://appshopper.com/games/blokus-hd

i have a switcheasy coverbuddy on the back of my ipad. im a big fan of switcheasy products.

www.switcheasy.com
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2798 Jaskull

Jaskull

Satellaview!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

blokus/blokus HD is free.

http://appshopper.com/games/blokus-hd

Thanks for this. My wife and I play the actual board version of Blokus and it's a lot of fun.

#2799 Darknyss

Darknyss

Trophies 4TW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

I never knew you can use an iCade to play Temple Run. I'm now curious to play it in that style. Now to find one for cheap. Should've got one when it was on sale at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

It works okay. The joystick is better than using tilt controls. But I don't think you can activate the wings without double-tapping the screen. That was a show-stopper for me.

#2800 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Hell yes, thank you!

#2801 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

AWD iCade Like New for $61

Packaging may have minor damage. Item is in excellent condition.

http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

Also want to add that Battleloot Adventure is awesome. My 5 year old loves it as a "my first RPG" experience

Edited by jacknicklson, 09 April 2012 - 01:16 PM.

Posted Image

#2802 crookshow

crookshow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

I enjoyed Battleloot for the first 8 levels or so, but it gets way too grindy too quickly. It seems you either have to replay the early levels over and over or pay for IAP upgrades to progress. Kind of disappointing to see an otherwise quality game ruined by this mechanic.

#2803 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

I would normally leave this alone, but I wouldn't want anyone to be deterred from buying the game because of this. That is YOU can't win the first matches. The computer has **** cards until you play them the second time. Any deck can beat any other deck. Yes, some are stronger, but those are at the END of the single player. And yes, some are weak against certain others, as is the design of the game, but if YOU can't beat the early matches with ANY of the decks you are given at the start (which, I believe, as stated, is 10) in 12 tries, then that is all on you and your lack of knowledge of the game. I'm sorry, but that's a simple fact. The game design, and the game itself, for that matter, is excellent, and I would strongly suggest anyone that has a passing interest to check it out. And true deckbuilding will never be in DOTP. If it was, WTF would be the point of the cash-cow MTG online? The system is handled FAR better in 2012 than in the first one though. I will be buying 2013 probably literally as soon as it's on the ipad, unless it comes out on steam first, then I'll probably buy both. And as a reference, I've been playing MTG competitively since 1997 and even semi-professionally (my only job was running tournaments I didn't participate in) for several years. It's not perfect, but it is very good, and it's an excellent way to check out the game without investing the price of a car into it.

Wow, nerd rage much? :lol:

You're right, I'm not an MTG expert. I don't own a single deck. All of my experience playing it has been playing at a friend's house, with his decks. He's way too into it, had a six-foot tall shelf filled with nothing but binders and boxes of cards before his (now ex-)wife made him get rid of a lot of them. That being said, though I don't frequently win games there (I am, after all, usually playing with much more experienced players), I do manage to hold my own in them. I do, believe it or not, have half a clue. Actually, I bought the PS3 game to get some practice in so that I could do better in those games.

Also, Wizards of the Coast specifically advertises Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 as being "ideal for gamers regardless of their familiarity with Magic: The Gathering or trading card games". I shouldn't need to be some kind of "semi-professional" expert to be able to play it, especially in the beginning stages.

Now that being said, I actually wrote up a summary of one of my experiences with the game in an email to a friend of mine back at the time:

The computer player kept playing cards that allowed it to search the deck for land and play it, and cards that let it draw the first three cards off the top of the deck and put any creatures that it drew into play. And it kept getting this one creature that gives the player additional life each time a land card is played. Meanwhile, I kept getting 1/1 and 2/2 creatures, and equipment that I mostly couldn't do anything with because I didn't have enough mana. I probably should have just quit and saved myself the frustration when I saw what was happening, but I wanted to see just how ridiculous it would get. By the end, the computer player had 14 mana, 10 creatures, and 38 life (and this after I knocked some off in several attacks that it didn't even bother to block), while I had 5 mana and 4 creatures. One attack from it, and I was finished. There was no way that I could even hope to keep up at any point in the game.

While this was specifically describing one game, that was my basic experience every single time I tried to play. On "easy" mode. I get that it's a card game, and that as such, random shuffles will lead to some games being better than others. But every time?

I don't know. Maybe, as an expert, you know exactly what to do with that situation. But again, I shouldn't have to be an expert to play the very first levels on a game. Maybe I was just really, really unlucky on my card shuffles. Either way, the game wasn't fun for me, it was frustrating.

Of course, all of this was right after it came out as well. Maybe there were some issues with it that they've patched since. I'll give it a try again when I get a chance and see if there are any updates or anything.

And who knows? Maybe the 2013 version will fix these issues as well. But I'll be waiting for reviews first.

Edited by arcane93, 09 April 2012 - 03:26 PM.

#2804 MrDemonicAngel

MrDemonicAngel

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Free donut games:
#29 Rat on a snowboard
#28 Frogbert
#25 Cave Bowling

#2805 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

Temple Run with iCade is not so good. I think it plays worse. Better to play it as it was designed, IMHO.

I grabbed Battleloot Adventures/HD - thanks for the heads up! I also grabbed Blokus HD. I already had the iPhone version. Again, thanks for the heads up!
Posted Image

#2806 mrsamsa

mrsamsa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

Everyone get this! It's great.

#2807 McTwitch5

McTwitch5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

Wow, nerd rage much? :lol:

I'm trying to decide if this was staged and a joke! If not, it sure nails a multitude of the MTG stereotypes in one take... Overweight, glasses, bad goatee, high voice AND lisp,takes a game more seriously than RL, etc. :lol::roll::D;):lol:

#2808 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

How's Bards Tale?

#2809 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

I enjoyed Battleloot for the first 8 levels or so, but it gets way too grindy too quickly. It seems you either have to replay the early levels over and over or pay for IAP upgrades to progress. Kind of disappointing to see an otherwise quality game ruined by this mechanic.

What I didn't like is there didn't seem to be any actual loot. You would earn gold and then buy upgrades from a specific selection of items. The items wouldn't even randomize like in Battleheart or something, it was buy this and only this sword, now buy the upgrade to this sword. Maybe I'm missing something. The other thing I didn't like was how the energy bar runs out and I just didn't like having to tap the screen to block.

#2810 argyle

argyle

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

Bard's Tale is a virtual stick game, which I personally hate. I tried it a little, but those controls just do not work for me at all.
Posted Image

#2811 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

Everyone get this! It's great.

I hated it, I was through with it for good after 30 seconds. Controls were awful to me and I felt like I could never do what i was trying to do. Would not play again.

#2812 outphase

outphase

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

I'm trying to decide if this was staged and a joke! If not, it sure nails a multitude of the MTG stereotypes in one take... Overweight, glasses, bad goatee, high voice AND lisp,takes a game more seriously than RL, etc. :lol::roll::D;):lol:

This guy does a lot of nerd rage videos. There's the occasional one where he's talking in a non-high/lisp voice. The Kony 2012 response video is one example.

#2813 Javansdaddy

Javansdaddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Reminds me of a competition I was in that a friend told me about & encouraged me to participate. I had no cards of my own, he lent me a deck. Played once or twice before & was terrible at it.

Just like the fat guy, I kept drawing land after land while the other guy was whittling away at my points until I was down to 2 or 3. My next turn I pulled some sort of fireball card that gained strength with every land card in play. I tapped all the land and knocked the guy out of the game.

We both were dumbfounded... I lost the next round but that was a pretty funny first round game (the guy had been bragging about his deck being stellar to everyone before the competition started)...

/csb
I weighed more than Jared from Subway
www.iweighedmorethanjared.com

#2814 BluePotato

BluePotato

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

Blokus HD for iPad is free.

#2815 fujishig

fujishig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Crytal War Blood Field is free
http://itunes.apple....d455937115?mt=8
Posted Image

I got this a while ago, but I still don't understand... Is this from the same developers as the original Crystal War, but with a different pubilsher? The gameplay is pretty much the same, and it doesn't market itself as a sequel...

#2816 Blackjack13

Blackjack13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Go here too: http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_cp_pc_2

I was in your same situation last week and I ended up buying the same case and love it. There are multiple brands of that same case on amazon. Some are as low as 8 bucks, but they might not work with the new iPad sleep/wake feature due to the covers magnet placement in the iPad 2 version.

I was about to buy the leather smart cover, but figured for 23 bucks I'll go this route and have no regrets. It's swell.

That's good to hear. I bought my iPad last week and was looking for a case. I actually bought that case the other day. I'm glad to hear a fellow CAG liked it. Sounds like I made a good buy.

#2817 Computersnacks

Computersnacks

All Snack Everything!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

Thanks for the heads up on Blokus!

#2818 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

Hector: Ep1 HD – We Negotiate with Terrorists for iPad is free (for the first time):

http://appshopper.co...with-terrorists
Posted Image

#2819 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

I recommend the Hector series to fans of point and click adventure games. Not too tough for the adventure fan, I'm sure.

Fair warning, the humor is definitely a bit raunchy and decidedly British as well.

#2820 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

Anyone know when the next Pinball Arcade update/DLC pack is going to release for iOS?