Transformers 7-Disc Limited Edition Collector's Trilogy $90 @ Amazon & Walmart.com

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Transformers (7-Disc) Limited Edition Collector's Trilogy (Transformers/Transformers 2/Transformers 3 3D) [Blu-ray]

41DqxzXN8-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Release Date: January 31, 2012

Amazon.com - $89.99 (MSRP: $149.99)

BestBuy.com - $149.99 (MSRP: $169.99)

FYE.com - $107.00 (MSRP: $169.99) [Membership: $96.30]

Walmart.com - $89.96 (MSRP: $129.99)

Amazon.ca - $104.99 CAD (MSRP: $149.99 CAD)

FutureShop.ca - $99.99 CAD (Web-only offer - Only 100 sets available)

Update #1
A little update on the Signature Edition Transformers set:

• There will only be 5,000 made.
  • They will be autographed by Bay.
  • Will be sold on Amazon.com and another US retailer.
  • They will contain the 3 TF Blu-ray movies + behind the scenes stuff.
  • It will be out in December.
http://imageshack.us/g/828/photo3fz.jpg/

Update #2
More info:

• The Signature series box set will available January 31, 2012.
  • It will include the DOTM 3D Blu-ray as an added bonus.
Price has still TBD.
Update #3
Yes, the 3D Blu-ray will be sold as a single SKU.

TF Signature Series will be $100.
Credit to nelson from The Official Micheal Bay Forums

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be out this month? I see a normal copy of this is already $40 on Amazon, so if that's any indication this will probably be more than I'm willing to spend.

[quote name='lectersvictim']If its under $60 its mine![/QUOTE]

No way Michael Bay thinks his signature is worth less than $60. $160 maybe, but not $60.

Hopefully that won't be the only way to get the 3D version, which is all I am interested in.

[quote name='Zimmy']Hopefully that won't be the only way to get the 3D version, which is all I am interested in.[/QUOTE]It won't be. The standalone 3D release should be out at the same time.

Thought this was for the G1 cartoon. These movies are garbage, I wouldn't pick them up for a penny. fuck you Micheal Bay for ruining a childhood favorite

[quote name='draven1089']Thought this was for the G1 cartoon. These movies are garbage, I wouldn't pick them up for a penny. fuck you Micheal Bay for ruining a childhood favorite[/QUOTE]

Huh? You're outraged about something you're clearly confused about in the first place. What trilogy would be associated with the g1 cartoon? There was only one animated movie.

Even if you don't like the live action Bay movies they've done amazing things for the Transformers franchise as a whole. Do you think the original cartoons would have been re-released on DVD without the live action film? doubtful. A blu ray release of the original cartoon movie (even if it was UK only)? highly doubt it. So on and so forth. The new Transformers cartoons which are actually not too bad? Considering the cartoons before the live action movie were bad Japanese knock-offs that pretty much failed (Armada, Energon, Cybertron), not gonna happen.

You might not like the live action movies but to completely disregard what they've done for the Transformers franchise is silly. Similar to people raging on the new Star Wars trilogy. Even if you don't like them, these updates keep the franchise relevant.

[quote name='RedvsBlue'] Considering the cartoons before the live action movie were bad Japanese knock-offs that pretty much failed (Armada, Energon, Cybertron), not gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

Transformers started in Japan. What you are talking about is shit based off the stupid ass movies your defending. G1 cartoon had one movie and an OVA, when optimus comes back to lifes so I'm sure you can understand why I would think G1 as in my mind that Micheal Bay shit never happened.

Edit: one last thing I forgot to point out. The G1 was rereleased way before the first live action movie. although you make decent points they are invalid sir.

[quote name='draven1089']Transformers started in Japan. What you are talking about is shit based off the stupid ass movies your defending. G1 cartoon had one movie and an OVA, when optimus comes back to lifes so I'm sure you can understand why I would think G1 as in my mind that Micheal Bay shit never happened.

Edit: one last thing I forgot to point out. The G1 was rereleased way before the first live action movie. although you make decent points they are invalid sir.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, the G1 cartoon started in the US. The toys started in Japan.

[quote name='Stealthcat']Just to clarify, the G1 cartoon started in the US. The toys started in Japan.[/QUOTE]

Yes and no, The toy line did start in Japan. The series tho was animated in Japan and South Korea while the story line was written and recorded in America. Japans name for it is Fight! Super Robot Life Form Transformer

[quote name='draven1089']Transformers started in Japan. What you are talking about is shit based off the stupid ass movies your defending. G1 cartoon had one movie and an OVA, when optimus comes back to lifes so I'm sure you can understand why I would think G1 as in my mind that Micheal Bay shit never happened.

Edit: one last thing I forgot to point out. The G1 was rereleased way before the first live action movie. although you make decent points they are invalid sir.[/QUOTE]
That wasn't an OVA. I Believe that was just a two or three part episode they mashed together and released on video as a way of saying "HEY KIDS! Optimus isn't really dead!" After the giant backlash of Optimus getting killed in the movie.

Plus the whole "killed your childhood"? Have you rewatched the original series recently? As much as I love Transformers the cartoon was and is corny as all hell. With the power of working together and friendship they can weather through acid rain on Cybertron is one such example from the first season.

I'm not defending the Bay movies mind you, but people REALLY got to stop putting G1 on such a pedestal. Especially when it's made entirely of nostalgia. I Mean it's fun to rewatch here and there, but you can not take it seriously.

Can you take any show seriously????? Yes I've rewatched it. I've also have my kids watch it. Sure the story line doesn't really fit together but G1 deserves to be on a pedestal it's the fodder for any transformers stroy base to this day.

[quote name='draven1089']Can you take any show seriously????? Yes I've rewatched it. I've also have my kids watch it. Sure the story line doesn't really fit together but G1 deserves to be on a pedestal it's the fodder for any transformers stroy base to this day.[/QUOTE]
I Take any show with a continuity and not non stop filler seriously. The problem is watching it, it takes forever to get to anything actually worth noting as story. From everything compiled all you have to know is Autobots and Decepticons crash land onto Earth. Battle it out for Energon cubes in order to return home and restore Cybertron and Optimus has Matrix of Leadership because last of the Primes. Really all the story that's gotta be known.
[quote name='kilik64']nerd fights - making the internet funny on a daily basis...[/QUOTE]
SERIOUS BUSINESS DAMMIT!

Bardockkun, that's all you need to know for the cartoon. Ever read the comics???? I'm referring to G1 as a whole not just the cartoon series. You are so right about that being the only thing you need to know for the series but in a whole there is so sooooo much more to it.

The comics are a different matter. Since things actually die. Although Optimus getting blown up and his WHOLE GODDAMN MEMORY BEING BACKED UP ON A FLOPPY DISK is rather bullshit. Though I read some not all.

[quote name='bardockkun']The comics are a different matter. Since things actually die. Although Optimus getting blown up and his WHOLE GODDAMN MEMORY BEING BACKED UP ON A FLOPPY DISK is rather bullshit. Though I read some not all.[/QUOTE]

That actually makes a lot of sense though... They are machines after all. Why wouldn't they keep backups of themselves?

[quote name='Darknuke']That actually makes a lot of sense though... They are machines after all. Why wouldn't they keep backups of themselves?[/QUOTE]
I Think it's just the angry nerd man child in me that calls bullshit that a being like Optimus Prime only needs to be backed up on something like a floppy disc to come back. His CPU and such are apparently as advanced as the original Castle Wolfenstein.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Transformers_(TV_series)#VHS_and_DVD_releases

There was 1 G1 DVD release by Rhino starting back in 2002-2004. Those went out of print and increased dramatically in price.

Most recently in 2009-2010, they were re-released on DVD by Shout! Factory...

Just wanted to make that clear.

Transformers Armada 2002

Transformers Energon 2004

Transformers Cybertron 2005

Transformers (Live action) 2007

Now how is it that those lines were based on the live action movie? Those 3 were, as I previously mentioned, all from Japan and dubbed into English, and were absolutely terrible.

As for everything else, well I think the others covered it.

[quote name='bardockkun']
I'm not defending the Bay movies mind you, but people REALLY got to stop putting G1 on such a pedestal. Especially when it's made entirely of nostalgia. I Mean it's fun to rewatch here and there, but you can not take it seriously.[/QUOTE]

Well said

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Beast Wars has always been my favorite. The most recent Transformers Prime have actually been pretty good.

S1 now available for pre-order...and on Blu-Ray :cool:

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-...87UC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323741468&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Beast Wars was definitely the best of Transformers cartoons. I picked up the Transformers Prime movie(pilot?) Darkness Rising on DVD last week but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I'm a little disappointed I picked it up now that I see the Blu Ray release will have it included anyway. Oh well, it was less than $10 so its not a huge deal I guess.

[quote name='Finch106']I'm thinking $149.99. It's a fold out steel case with plexiglass and diamond plate stand for crying out loud.[/QUOTE]

I'd buy it ;). Though I'm kind of a transformers uber-nerd. Despite all the hate towards the movies, I actually really enjoy them (minus the stupid ass redneck cars from #2)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']No way Michael Bay thinks his signature is worth less than $60. $160 maybe, but not $60.[/QUOTE]

2nd that the regular trilogy is 59.99, saw it in Target today, tempted but will wait.

Nope, the one that was released today is the bare bones trilogy set (i.e. no special features, just movies).

This seems so poorly designed. Like the film cells are on the inside so unless you plan on having it unfolded somewhere on a wide surface, you're basically looking at this the whole time (assuming I'm interpreting the crappy pics properly):

87932304.jpg

And I think that's ugly as sin personally. It just looks plain, like something you find in a mechanics shop or something. Not to mention how impractical it is to even display it. I honestly don't get the appeal of this at all. Why would anyone pay premium for this thing? Because it's created in limited numbers? Because it's signed by Bay (if it's really an authentic sig and not a facsimile)? I imagine this is for die-hard TF fans, but in that case wouldn't such fans already own these movies, and thus be double dipping on the majority of content included?

Want, but won't get, as I see a $199.99 MSRP. Too bad, as I really like the Bay movies (minus the stupid robots in #2). I think he did a great job adapting the series so that today's youth could enjoy them. And he included enough adult humor so that it fits older and younger fans.

[quote name='ssjmichael']This seems so poorly designed. Like the film cells are on the inside so unless you plan on having it unfolded somewhere on a wide surface, you're basically looking at this the whole time (assuming I'm interpreting the crappy pics properly):

87932304.jpg

And I think that's ugly as sin personally. It just looks plain, like something you find in a mechanics shop or something. Not to mention how impractical it is to even display it. I honestly don't get the appeal of this at all. Why would anyone pay premium for this thing? Because it's created in limited numbers? Because it's signed by Bay (if it's really an authentic sig and not a facsimile)? I imagine this is for die-hard TF fans, but in that case wouldn't such fans already own these movies, and thus be double dipping on the majority of content included?[/QUOTE]

I believe that's a photo of the stand to hold the plexiglass set

The only way I would buy this if all the movies were in 3D

[quote name='starmask2k3']The only way I would buy this if all the movies were in 3D[/QUOTE]

That sounds good for me too. Just getting the 3d dotm.

bread's done
Back