Nier $12.74 PS3 @amazon

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:08 AM

love this game. twice as much for 360 sadly.

http://www.amazon.co...23842718&sr=1-6
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#2 Jdklaffke

Jdklaffke

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:36 PM

I got this for Christmas last year, and it's one of my favorite games of all time. Anyone interested will most likely find this game totally worth the money.

#3 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:42 PM

Needs more Nier love in here. *bro fist* xD

Learn how to fish properly, then full enjoyment of game. :)

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#4 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:12 PM

I am playing through to get the 3rd ending now. I absolutely love this game and it may be the best RPG on the PS3.

fs_overall.png

#5 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

Worth it for the soundtrack alone.
Posted Image

#6 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:31 PM

If it had free shipping, I'd consider it, the fans of this game just gush over it.

#7 anbu-black-ops

anbu-black-ops

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:54 PM

^^ it's true. lol.

#8 ElectricStarshine

ElectricStarshine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

Wow, am I the only one who thought this game a wretched abomination that never should of seen the light of day? The voice acting sucks, the combat is mediocre, the environments are mediocre, and the woman walking around in bra and panties fighting bad guys, swearing every other word. So horrible I put it down after about 4 or 5 hours. Can't say enough negative things about this steaming pile...

#9 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

The Father character's voice isn't the best. Everyone else is pretty great, especially Grimoire Noir. It's my favorite gaming soundtrack this Gen.

It's hack and slash with a bit of magic, and you can power up your attacks with Words which keeps it fresh. The swearing isn't terrible, maybe a little overdone in the opening movie that plays.

Graphics aren't the best, but you shouldn't be judging a game solely on that. The story though, is a winner.

If you only played four or five hours you didn't see anything. If you look around, you'll see more positives than negatives though. It's a hidden gem of this gen, it's worth a look at that price no doubt about it.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#10 simmias

simmias

Don't believe his lies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:53 PM

Wow, am I the only one who thought this game a wretched abomination that never should of seen the light of day? The voice acting sucks, the combat is mediocre, the environments are mediocre, and the woman walking around in bra and panties fighting bad guys, swearing every other word. So horrible I put it down after about 4 or 5 hours. Can't say enough negative things about this steaming pile...

Some gamers don't care about story. This game is not for them. It's a low budget gem in my opinion, with a wonderful story that rewards the second playthrough, and unbelievable music. If you went in expecting FF13 production levels, of course you're going to be disappointed. Or, I guess, if you only like games that look and sound like FF13.