CAGcast #264: Our Favorite Games of 2011

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:52 AM

The gang offer up their favorites of 2011 and reveal a PS3 exclusive you won't believe.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

Download - 83 minutes, 49.9MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast: FREE AUDIBLE 2 WEEK TRIAL & AUDIOBOOK
http://www.netxtrack...ADID=476689

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro: Fuck Shop - 2 Live Crew

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Edited by CheapyD, 16 December 2011 - 06:05 AM.

#2 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:13 AM

Huzzah
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#3 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:17 AM

That was a fast upload.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#4 BlindNoir

BlindNoir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:23 AM

Did Wombat just call MrsCheapyD a bitch?

#5 Yenos

Yenos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:27 AM

Yay! Time for my favorite part of the week. Listening to the Cagcast while I hammer out matches in Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Yenos/
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE 3.2ghz(oc 3.8ghz) -Corrsair Dominator 8gb DDR3 2000 - EVGA Geforce GTX670 FTW+
Gt=Yenos PSN= Yenoham
www.justin.tv/failgaming
Always playing the newest games so come check it out

#6 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:30 AM

i gotta sleep but listening to this tomorrow. thanx guys!

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#7 MatrixCodeDesigner

MatrixCodeDesigner

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:30 AM

Very Cool...Downloading now...Happy Holidays

#8 meager

meager

mooseknuckle?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:46 AM

Good show, guys. No real surprises, though. Except that maybe a Zelda game was released that didn't make Wombat's list.

We can play along at home, right? My personal picks:

1. Portal 2
2. Skyrim
3. You Don't Know Jack
4. Dragon Age II
5. Bulletstorm

Biggest Surprise: Dead Island
Biggest Disappointment: Battlefield 3
Least Favorite: X-Men Destiny
Worst Trend (wasn't really a trend, but I really hope it doesn't become one): Exclusive Early PreOrder Bonus Editions ala Dragon Age II Signature Edition.
Best 2010 Game Played in 2011: Mass Effect 2

#9 hectorlaparka

hectorlaparka

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:12 AM

I screamed "yeeeeaaahhhh!!!!" when I heard your intro. Dirty South!!!!!

youwillsuffer.bandcamp.com

vorticeonline.com

#10 Chadfx

Chadfx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:29 AM

man i think someones mic is overly sensitive i can hear who ever is moving around in their chair all too loud.probably cheapys mic.
------------------------------------------------
Almost no one uses their real age on the Internet.

The Internet: Where men are boys, women are men, and little girls are FBI agents

Watch me broadcast at justin.tv/oxd9

#11 repete

repete

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:17 PM

great show
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Amnesia Bot

Amnesia Bot

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:28 PM

It was a good idea to break up the top 5 with the somewhat less conventional awards. Nice planning on Wombat's part.

Is Shipwreck coughing going to be part of the ending tagline from now on? I approve.

#13 geflow

geflow

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:36 PM

woot now I have something to listen to on my way to work! :)

#14 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

Can't wait to listen!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#15 Porksta

Porksta

Sillier Mofo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:53 PM

Another disappointing trend in line with the EA login:

DLC being downloaded from a third party

I hate having to download my Dragon Age DLC from EA instead of XBL. I like seeing the check box next to the DLC I have.
I am famous for getting CheapyD to watch Swollen Tip while he was broadcasting live.

#16 Excast

Excast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

I can't agree with the choice of Skyrim. Is the game great? Yeah. Does it offer a ton of variety? Yeah. Did Bethesda mostly send out only review copies for the 360 and PC? Yeah. Did Bethesda intentionally release a game that they KNEW was broken on the PS3? Yeah. Is it likely that the game will never be properly fixed? Yeah.

It is one of the more blatant examples of a bait and switch that I can recall in recent video game history. I guess Bethesda should be content though. They were able to sucker a lot of people in with the hype, take their money, and leave them with a nice, shiny turd in the long run.

#17 LimpDaddy

LimpDaddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:59 PM

i just started listening, but almost stopped because of Shipwreck's disinterest at the beginning. It really was a bummer because "Best of" shows are usually a great listen. It seems like after the initial blah, Ship is getting into it more which makes me happy again.

#18 karubah

karubah

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

Did Wombat just call MrsCheapyD a bitch?

He might have, but he was obviously joking. ;)

I liked that Wombat was carrying most of the momentum this episode. Also that the cast were trying to remember what games came out this year. It is a bit of a problem that there was a big dry spell this past summer.
PSN: Karubah

Xbox Live: Karubah

#19 Psyae

Psyae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:06 PM

I am listening to this week's CAGcast in the bathtub. It's an experience like no other. I think I'll make bath time Game of the Year show an annual tradition.
Posted Image

#20 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

Awesome awards show!

Format was best of all award shows.

Pretty much did not play a single game that won awards except for Portal 2. Would not have put it in my top 5. Finished it but ...was too repetive especially considering the first game. The sarcasm of the computer wore thin the 2nd time around as did the mechanics and sterile environments.

The SkyRim circle jerk was disgusting to listen to. Lol. Sounded just like my nieces playing with their barbie dolls.

#21 Chadfx

Chadfx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:57 PM

did they even read the cagbag questions? christ what the Fuck are the three amigos smoking. Is it me or have the recent cagcast been getting shittier and shittier to listen to?
------------------------------------------------
Almost no one uses their real age on the Internet.

The Internet: Where men are boys, women are men, and little girls are FBI agents

Watch me broadcast at justin.tv/oxd9

#22 Blank Earth

Blank Earth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:17 PM

Thanks for the show, and great job with the format. I was glad to hear Shipwreck include Dead Space 2. It's definitely part of my top 5, but I was afraid it would be forgotten since it was released so early in the year, and so many other quality games have been released in more recent memory.

#23 Darth Sontin

Darth Sontin

Ostrava of Boletaria

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:54 PM

I can't believe Skyrim had a high enough BMQ to be #1
Posted Image

#24 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:01 PM

Really, really wanted to like Deus Ex, I just wasn't having any fun. Sure I could put the difficulty down but everything before the first boss seemed so half-assed. Constant trial and error trying to sneak around. Constant reloading from old saves. Constant quicksaving everytime I did anything. Hit my first boss fight and I was like to hell with this, and gave up. I just don't get it... what was I doing wrong Wombat?

#25 Kung Fu ZEPHYR

Kung Fu ZEPHYR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

I can't agree with the choice of Skyrim. Is the game great? Yeah. Does it offer a ton of variety? Yeah. Did Bethesda mostly send out only review copies for the 360 and PC? Yeah. Did Bethesda intentionally release a game that they KNEW was broken on the PS3? Yeah. Is it likely that the game will never be properly fixed? Yeah.

It is one of the more blatant examples of a bait and switch that I can recall in recent video game history. I guess Bethesda should be content though. They were able to sucker a lot of people in with the hype, take their money, and leave them with a nice, shiny turd in the long run.

Excast, what facts and/or tangible material are you basing your opinion on? What about the game do you not like? All three of the guys had SKYRIM at #1 not to mention the fact that it got a 96 on metacritic! Basically, I'm failing to grasp where you are coming from with the "bait and switch" comment and I'm sure the guys would agree.

Here's how I know SKYRIM is a BAMF game . . . Shipwreck played over 115 games this year yet he has invested over 100 hours into SKYRIM which he claims to be "The best game he has ever played". I trust Shipwreck's opinion, do you?

#26 GaryZero

GaryZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

Nice job guys and thank you Shipwreck for mentioning Dead Island and remembering Dead Space 2.

If I was someone who mattered my picks would be the following and what system I played them on.

1. Dead Space 2 (360)
2. Dead Island (360)
3. Gears of War 3 (360)
4. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (OnLive)
5. Killzone 3 (PS3)

Take care!
Posted Image

Posted Image

XBL: ZERombie / PSN: GaryZero / OnLive: ZERombie

#27 teknomusik

teknomusik

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:31 PM

Where's the Skyrim Hand to Hand video?

#28 skadave

skadave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:50 PM

Really, really wanted to like Deus Ex, I just wasn't having any fun. Sure I could put the difficulty down but everything before the first boss seemed so half-assed. Constant trial and error trying to sneak around. Constant reloading from old saves. Constant quicksaving everytime I did anything. Hit my first boss fight and I was like to hell with this, and gave up. I just don't get it... what was I doing wrong Wombat?

I agree. . . i HATED Deus Ex and stopped playing not too far in. Limited ammo + stealth = big turd.

#29 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

Where's the Skyrim Hand to Hand video?

#30 skadave

skadave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:52 PM

I realize that I have mentioned this before, but if you continue to mention Tom Bissel's articles in grantland, you might want to read his book about video games.

http://www.amazon.co...24065073&sr=8-1