Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $8.74 Amazon (X360/PS3)

Repost, I believe. $10 is about what you can get Enslaved for.

Said it last thread, the Piggsy DLC is absolutely worth your money. I know it's a lot compared to what you paid for the game (And it won't be as long) but if you can get over that it's worth it.

[quote name='sneezebu']This thread is created daily it seems. You get what you pay for, the game is terrible.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[quote name='sneezebu']This thread is created daily it seems. You get what you pay for, the game is terrible.[/QUOTE]

It's not horrible. It's just horribly overrated.

Scale of 1-10 this game was a 4-5.

[quote name='SuppaMan']It's not horrible. It's just horribly overrated.

Scale of 1-10 this game was a 4-5.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how a game, that is overlooked by the majority, could possibly be horribly overrated. If anything, the game is highly underrated and is worthy of a 7-8 score.

the game is great regardless of what people say, as usual everyone will jump on the hate train and trash the game without even played the game

[quote name='nypickle']I don't see how a game, that is overlooked by the majority, could possibly be horribly overrated. If anything, the game is highly underrated and is worthy of a 7-8 score.[/QUOTE]

It's overrated because a lot of reviews gave it glowing wording and high scores, but the graphics were poor, the gameplay average and monotonous, and the story (the biggest part of the reviews) horribly overrated. It was like reading GTA4 reviews all over again. Glowing on the story and this and that, and then 6-8 months later everyone admits that the story really wasn't all that great and was overrated.

Enslaved deserved to sell as poorly as it did because it just isn't a very good game. I honestly felt Ninja Theory took a step back with Enslaved after Heavenly Sword (or at best stood still).

The ending was lousy, yes, the world poorly realized, and the tonal shifts a bit too wild, but Andy Serkis owns the 3D CG character medium. I don't see how you could not be entertained by the quality of the voice and cutscene work.

And I don't remember it getting good reviews.

But yes, I know what you mean by unwarranted critical acclaim. I love GTA4 and RDR but the reviews for them are disgusting, especially from IGN. And that's not even counting games like Limbo.

[quote name='RollingSkull']The ending was lousy, yes, the world poorly realized, and the tonal shifts a bit too wild, but Andy Serkis owns the 3D CG character medium. I don't see how you could not be entertained by the quality of the voice and cutscene work.

And I don't remember it getting good reviews.

But yes, I know what you mean by unwarranted critical acclaim. I love GTA4 and RDR but the reviews for them are disgusting, especially from IGN. And that's not even counting games like Limbo.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't knocking there character/cutscene/voice over work.

It was incredible in Heavenly Sword. I just feel that years later somehow nothing improved and possibly got worse in terms of the actual game (was zero improvement over HS and yet the entire industry moved forward).

Honestly, I think my favorite part of Enslaved was seriously the music that plays in the XMB menu on the PS3.

[quote name='Namerson']the Ps3 version is free shipping without super saving so you don't have to spend up to $25 if you don't have prime.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, just ordered one.

[quote name='SuppaMan']Honestly, I think my favorite part of Enslaved was seriously the music that plays in the XMB menu on the PS3.[/QUOTE]
How much of it did you actually play? You barely have any of the trophies on your card.

Edit: Never mind, looks like you did a basic playthrough on Normal. *shrug*

Darnit, I got this when it was $12 and free shipping, now it's $9 and free shipping.

Still worth what I paid, but I'm a sucky CAG.

This kind of makes me feel lousy that I waited to get this for $10 on a Lightning Deal on Thankgiving. But great prices nonetheless

bread's done
Back