Photo
- - - - -

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $8.74 Amazon (X360/PS3)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 PJV9126

PJV9126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:59 AM

Saw this on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co...24018556&sr=8-1

Seems to have gotten decent reviews (8 on IGN). Slipped by my radar, but for $10 I bit. Both the PS3 and X360 are at this price. Currently going for $17.99 used at Gamestop. Sold by Amazon so should be SSS/Prime. Looks like free shipping for PS3 version.

Edited by PJV9126, 17 December 2011 - 01:30 AM.

#2 DefeatUForever

DefeatUForever

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:01 AM

I just got the 360 version in the mail today from amazon. The game is pretty fun and I think it's worth the 10 bucks.

#3 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:02 AM

Repost, I believe. $10 is about what you can get Enslaved for.

Said it last thread, the Piggsy DLC is absolutely worth your money. I know it's a lot compared to what you paid for the game (And it won't be as long) but if you can get over that it's worth it.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#4 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:07 AM

This thread is created daily it seems. You get what you pay for, the game is terrible.

Agreed.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#5 pythoncancer

pythoncancer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:23 AM

This game is awesome .just short may be 5-6 HR game play but totally worth it .

#6 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:30 PM

Enslaved is now down to $8.74 for both systems!

#7 SuppaMan

SuppaMan

Would you kindly..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:32 PM

This thread is created daily it seems. You get what you pay for, the game is terrible.

It's not horrible. It's just horribly overrated.

Scale of 1-10 this game was a 4-5.

#8 nypickle

nypickle

Orange and Blue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

It's not horrible. It's just horribly overrated.

Scale of 1-10 this game was a 4-5.

I don't see how a game, that is overlooked by the majority, could possibly be horribly overrated. If anything, the game is highly underrated and is worthy of a 7-8 score.

#9 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:52 PM

Bought it for 8.99 the other day...
Dammit! Could've saved 26 cents! :bomb:
*cries in corner*

#10 dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL

sHaMe oN yOu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:03 AM

the game is great regardless of what people say, as usual everyone will jump on the hate train and trash the game without even played the game

#11 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:05 AM

Such an excellent game, JUMP ON IT at this price

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#12 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:07 AM

the Ps3 version is free shipping without super saving so you don't have to spend up to $25 if you don't have prime.

#13 nddave

nddave

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:08 AM

I think it was a fun game.

Worth everybit of 10
CAG4LIFE

#14 SuppaMan

SuppaMan

Would you kindly..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

I don't see how a game, that is overlooked by the majority, could possibly be horribly overrated. If anything, the game is highly underrated and is worthy of a 7-8 score.

It's overrated because a lot of reviews gave it glowing wording and high scores, but the graphics were poor, the gameplay average and monotonous, and the story (the biggest part of the reviews) horribly overrated. It was like reading GTA4 reviews all over again. Glowing on the story and this and that, and then 6-8 months later everyone admits that the story really wasn't all that great and was overrated.

Enslaved deserved to sell as poorly as it did because it just isn't a very good game. I honestly felt Ninja Theory took a step back with Enslaved after Heavenly Sword (or at best stood still).

#15 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:21 AM

The ending was lousy, yes, the world poorly realized, and the tonal shifts a bit too wild, but Andy Serkis owns the 3D CG character medium. I don't see how you could not be entertained by the quality of the voice and cutscene work.

And I don't remember it getting good reviews.

But yes, I know what you mean by unwarranted critical acclaim. I love GTA4 and RDR but the reviews for them are disgusting, especially from IGN. And that's not even counting games like Limbo.

#16 SuppaMan

SuppaMan

Would you kindly..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

The ending was lousy, yes, the world poorly realized, and the tonal shifts a bit too wild, but Andy Serkis owns the 3D CG character medium. I don't see how you could not be entertained by the quality of the voice and cutscene work.

And I don't remember it getting good reviews.

But yes, I know what you mean by unwarranted critical acclaim. I love GTA4 and RDR but the reviews for them are disgusting, especially from IGN. And that's not even counting games like Limbo.

Wasn't knocking there character/cutscene/voice over work.

It was incredible in Heavenly Sword. I just feel that years later somehow nothing improved and possibly got worse in terms of the actual game (was zero improvement over HS and yet the entire industry moved forward).

Honestly, I think my favorite part of Enslaved was seriously the music that plays in the XMB menu on the PS3.

#17 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:43 AM

the Ps3 version is free shipping without super saving so you don't have to spend up to $25 if you don't have prime.

Thanks for the tip, just ordered one.

#18 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:19 AM

Thanks. Cost me 3.74 out of pocket from a GC I found from two years ago.
1 John 1:7,9
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#19 Plastics

Plastics

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:26 AM

Any reason why the PS3 version has free shipping and the 360 one doesn't? Could this change?

#20 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:34 AM

Honestly, I think my favorite part of Enslaved was seriously the music that plays in the XMB menu on the PS3.

How much of it did you actually play? You barely have any of the trophies on your card.

Edit: Never mind, looks like you did a basic playthrough on Normal. *shrug*

#21 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:41 AM

I really enjoyed the game. Absolutely worth it, at that price.

#22 JDTAY

JDTAY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:02 AM

Darnit, I got this when it was $12 and free shipping, now it's $9 and free shipping.

Still worth what I paid, but I'm a sucky CAG.
Posted Image

#23 rudeboie

rudeboie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:06 AM

This kind of makes me feel lousy that I waited to get this for $10 on a Lightning Deal on Thankgiving. But great prices nonetheless

#24 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:08 AM

Ordered for PS3.