3DS Nintendo Ambassador GBA Games Now Available

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#31 Vector

Vector

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:45 PM

Any word if these titles will be available to non-ambassadors? Wouldn't mind picking up Metroid Fusion and Minish Cap again. Enjoyed both of them.

Unfortunately I don't have the link to the story, but not too long after the Ambassador Program was announced, Nintendo said it had no plans to make the GBA games available to non-ambassadors.

#32 Tengaport

Tengaport

Cover your heart Indy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:47 PM

Unfortunately I don't have the link to the story, but not too long after the Ambassador Program was announced, Nintendo said it had no plans to make the GBA games available to non-ambassadors.

I remember hearing that, but I was hoping I was wrong on the details. Oh well :*(

#33 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

I can't download them. I don't know why. I got the NES ones no problem, the list of GBA games shows up under the "Account activity" option, but the only thing I can click there is software info, where it says "coming soon". I clicked "Your downloads", the same way I downloaded the NES ones, and they're not there.

/edit: Nevermind, they're at the bottom. wtf?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#34 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:50 PM

Great selection, half the games I never played so this will be fun experiencing them for the first time.

#35 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

Nintendo should make these available to others. It'd be stupid not to. It's free money. Plus I want moar gba games.
Posted Image

#36 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:53 PM

I can't download them. I don't know why. I got the NES ones no problem, the list of GBA games shows up under the "Account activity" option, but the only thing I can click there is software info, where it says "coming soon". I clicked "Your downloads", the same way I downloaded the NES ones, and they're not there.

Do you have the latest firmware? Also wernt the first batch of games suppose to get some sort of software update?

#37 callmewoof

callmewoof

Really, call me Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

Thanks for the notification. They're all downloading now. So many A+ titles! Yoshi, fire emblem, metroid, mario kart, zelda, etc etc. Holy crap!
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#38 WesWarlord

WesWarlord

I'll Take the Case!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:59 PM

How much do these cost without being an ambassador?

They said in the past these games won't be available for purchase at any point without being an ambassador. Don't know of that will remain the case or not.

#39 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

Nintendo should make these available to others. It'd be stupid not to. It's free money. Plus I want moar gba games.

Yep. Make it a timed exclusive for ambassadors (and free for them), but to not offer them at all (for a price) to others is irritating. Annoying, and not fair for my kids who are just getting a 3DS this Xmas. There's a number of titles on this list that they'd like to buy. Maybe Nintendo will have a change of heart. I hope so, anyway.

Crunchewy.png

#40 Pescado Plus

Pescado Plus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

Good to know. Time to get downloading! Thanks, OP.
Posted Image

#41 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:03 PM

I'm pretty sure they said "...some of which will not be available in the eShop." They never said none of the 10 would not ever be out for purchase, but it was rather vageand cryptic to not say more.

#42 SirChadlyOC

SirChadlyOC

Leveling up builds character

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:12 PM

I LOVE Fire Emblem. I'm glad that lots more people get to try it now. Sacred Stones is not as good as the one that came out before it, but it's still pretty great. I'm really happy that I suddenly have that game on my 3DS for all my holiday car rides in the next few weeks. <3

In for ALL THE GBA GAMES!!!!

#43 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:16 PM

I'd buy almost all of those. Otherwise I will have to resort to other measures. Nintendo, I want to give you my money...
Posted Image

#44 MfMonster

MfMonster

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:17 PM

YES! I was thinking it should be dropping any day. Love the selection too. Now if only I was home to DL.
VampirePrincessMiyu...

#45 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:26 PM

Pretty nice line-up. Definitely takes the sting out of all the extra money I spent.

#46 doppelganger

doppelganger

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

Great, thanks! 3DS games make poop time fun!
What? Don't act like I'm the only one >.>

#47 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

True dat.

#48 jollydwarf

jollydwarf

America's #1 Poster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

Damn, stuck at work. Hope these aren't "OOS" by the time I get home!

#49 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

Its true. If you had told me ten years ago that id be able to play a better looking version of Ocarine of Time on the toilet, I'd have called you a goddamned liar.

Edited by johnnypark, 16 December 2011 - 06:12 PM.

#50 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

I'm pretty sure they said "...some of which will not be available in the eShop." They never said none of the 10 would not ever be out for purchase, but it was rather vageand cryptic to not say more.

They were talking about the NES titles. They will eventually be on the eshop and we will then be able to update them for free when they are out. For now we have the straight ports, I'm assuming they will add save states to the paid versions. As for GBA, they said they had no plans to bring them to the eShop but I kind of hope they do so that other GBA games will be available. If not, so be it, but 20 games free(21 if you count mario bros on yoshi's island) is not bad :)

#51 SirChadlyOC

SirChadlyOC

Leveling up builds character

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

Its true. If you had told me ten yeada ago that id be able to play a better looking version of Ocarine of Time on the toilet, I'd have called you a goddamned liar.

I'd have been like, "well yeah, I suppose you could lug this big-ass CRT in there and put it on a wooden board covering the sink, but then how do we wash our hands?"

#52 raarar

raarar

With sexy results.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

Wake up for my 3 day weekend and get this news. Awesome! I have only ever played 2 of the 10 games, so this was a totally awesome plan for me. $170 + 20 free games (12 of which I have never played) is fantastic.

#53 GlassDarkly

GlassDarkly

The Boney King of Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:36 PM

Does anybody know how to get Yoshi Island to play with a bigger screen? The other games I've tried are not as boxed at it is. And I tried the "hold select and start buttons" trick too but to no avail.

#54 pacino408

pacino408

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

Thanks for the update! Got all of them and starting a run of Fusion.

#55 Nintendo_Hawk

Nintendo_Hawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

Thanx .. off to grab em' now !! Appreciated !

#56 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

Glad I didn't cave back then to become ambASSador, and waited until the $170 + $50GC deal to get a 3DS. Pretty sure I have all those except 1 or 2.

Cool story, bro.

#57 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

Oh shit, the Download Later option actually works. Queued up the 10 games and they all downloaded while in in sleep mode.

#58 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:14 PM

I don't think they will and here is why. I been waiting since the Wii's launch for Pilotwings 64 on the god damn Wii VC. I am still waiting with no signs of it ever coming out (and no clue why since it's free money). Now I could imagine these games be the same way as that. A ton of people want it, but Nintendo is like lol no.

Also thank god for the download later feature. It makes it much easier than waiting for one to download, do another, etc. Saves me time.

Great games though.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#59 ray2dee

ray2dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:27 PM

Damn, stuck at work. Hope these aren't "OOS" by the time I get home!

Classic lol

#60 mariol90

mariol90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:17 PM

Does anybody know how to get Yoshi Island to play with a bigger screen? The other games I've tried are not as boxed at it is. And I tried the "hold select and start buttons" trick too but to no avail.

try to delete it and redownload. mine is stretched. and the stretching looks better than DS games... haha.