3DS Nintendo Ambassador GBA Games Now Available

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#61 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:21 PM

Oh shit, the Download Later option actually works. Queued up the 10 games and they all downloaded while in in sleep mode.

Yep, ten games to unwrap...and added to my backlog lol

#62 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

Thanks for the heads up OP...been waiting for these. Some fantastic games in this batch.

th_w03j81.gif  

#63 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

Thanks for posting, OP. I knew it was supposed to be before the end of the year, so I was on just last night checking to see if they were available yet.

#64 Dx13K41n092

Dx13K41n092

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

haha surprising...
apparently not many people know that old cartridge games are worth less than dirt.

#65 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:32 PM

haha surprising...
apparently not many people know that old cartridge games are worth less than dirt.

Posted Image

#66 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:35 PM

hay guyz remember that time that Dx13K41n092 sez that gamez r werth les than dirt and we all wer like ha ha ha ha ha that tyme wuz graet guyz
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#67 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

Is this working right? I had trouble the one time I tried it though I'm not sure if it was because I was downloading stuff on my PS3 at the same time. The wireless of the 3DS seems extremely weak and sensitive.

After selecting Download Later and getting past the next screen (I forget what it says) press Home then close the eShop app (press X). Close the 3DS and await your presents :) That's how it worked for me.

#68 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

haha surprising...

Especially Air Raid for 2600, Stadium Events and the gold Nintendo World Championships NES carts. I've got so many of those I've been burning them for heat to save on my electric bill.

#69 Anthony1

Anthony1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:05 PM

There are rumors that people with brand new 3DS's (like people who bought them in the last couple of weeks), can download these for free, and that Nintendo has screwed something up.

Can anybody check on this, because I have a brand new one, untouched in the closet for my kids Xmas present, but I would open it up and try to download the games if this is true...

Anybody?

#70 GlassAgate

GlassAgate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:12 PM

So, is this for everyone?

I guess Nintendo finally changed their mind, and figured that
in order to keep up with the competition, they have to start
releasing their GBA games on VC.

#71 Dx13K41n092

Dx13K41n092

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:30 PM

Especially Air Raid for 2600, Stadium Events and the gold Nintendo World Championships NES carts. I've got so many of those I've been burning them for heat to save on my electric bill.

haha well, I was talking about electronic copies.

#72 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

There are rumors that people with brand new 3DS's (like people who bought them in the last couple of weeks), can download these for free, and that Nintendo has screwed something up.

Can anybody check on this, because I have a brand new one, untouched in the closet for my kids Xmas present, but I would open it up and try to download the games if this is true...

Anybody?

I haven't read anything mentioning that on the GameFAQs board and didn't see anything mentioning this on the NeoGAF forums, either. Where did you read about this?

Nintendo has stated that these are Ambassador-only games but my personal belief is that this will change at some point. Perhaps it will be some sort of membership program that will allow anyone access to these games (paid or free - who knows).

#73 *Deathblade2

*Deathblade2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:41 PM

I already own 9 outta 10 of those games, big whoop. Why they just couldnt do two $40 vouchers on nintendo published games is beyond me.

#74 Anthony1

Anthony1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:46 PM

Does anybody know anybody who has a 3DS that they have purchased recently, and they could have them see if it works? Supposedly, there is something wrong with Nintendo's server that most likely will be patched very soon. I'm trying to find out if it's worth it to open my brand new 3DS and try to download this stuff. Supposedly, there is some certain way to get the Ambassador's Certificate, and then you can download any of the games included with the program.

Basically, it's a loophole type thing. Kinda like when a website will accidentally have a game available for $4.99 when the game is a $59.99 game or something. I'm just hearing murmors about this from a few people on AIM, but I don't really have any concrete info on it.

#75 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:58 PM

I got a brand new 3ds still in the box, but i'm giving it to my son for Christmas.. I'd hate to open it up

#76 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:04 AM

I got a brand new 3ds still in the box, but i'm giving it to my son for Christmas.. I'd hate to open it up

Wish my Dad would've felt that way when he gave my sister and me the original GameBoy for Christmas. We were so excited, only to find out we got an empty box. He opened it because at the time he had been traveling for work and decided he wanted to use it on his trips. When he wrapped it for Christmas he apparently forgot to put it back in box. After a minute of confusion he ran to his room to grab the GameBoy for us.

Probably my favorite Christmas memory.

#77 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:16 AM

I already own 9 outta 10 of those games, big whoop. Why they just couldnt do two $40 vouchers on nintendo published games is beyond me.

. . . because that would cost them more?

#78 *Deathblade2

*Deathblade2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

. . . because that would cost them more?

...and these free "exclusive" games don't? There are several people just in this thread saying that nintendo doesn't want their money.

#79 RawrrSlayer

RawrrSlayer

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:21 AM

I'm happy with the List, I only own 4/10 of these games, and one of them is the original SNES version...lol
Yay Games :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#80 zohar

zohar

ゾハル

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:22 AM

Wish my Dad would've felt that way when he gave my sister and me the original GameBoy for Christmas. We were so excited, only to find out we got an empty box. He opened it because at the time he had been traveling for work and decided he wanted to use it on his trips. When he wrapped it for Christmas he apparently forgot to put it back in box. After a minute of confusion he ran to his room to grab the GameBoy for us.

Probably my favorite Christmas memory.

LOL that is hilarious. I hope you weren't being sarcastic about your "favorite Christmas memory" part. :)
Seeking any Xenosaga/Xenogears merchandise!

#81 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:26 AM

Nothing like CAG, people bitching and moaning about something free. Same shit, different day.

#82 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:26 AM

Amazing how some people still find a way to complain. I own all ten of these already, and I'm *still* thrilled.
Posted Image

#83 *Deathblade2

*Deathblade2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

Nothing like CAG, people bitching and moaning about something free. Same shit, different day.

Amazing how some people still find a way to complain. I own all ten of these already, and I'm *still* thrilled.

Amazing how people find a way to complain about people complaining. Agree to disagree...and the world keeps turning.

#84 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:30 AM

That would cost them millions of dollars

#85 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:34 AM

I hope they put some of these games in the store for the non ambassador people who waited for bundles and such. I would love to play minish cap for fusion on my 3ds.

#86 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:37 AM

I hope they put some of these games in the store for the non ambassador people who waited for bundles and such. I would love to play minish cap for fusion on my 3ds.

I'd expect them to be available at some point. I'd be kinda dumb to not sell them after they took the time to make the emulation work

#87 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:51 AM

Enjoying these games. I only owned 4 out of the 10 so it's pretty sweet for me.

#88 SierraNight

SierraNight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:08 AM

Very happy with this list. I've always wanted to play Minish Cap, bought it on clearance years ago at Sears and never opened it, and now I get to keep it sealed for my collection and still have a way to play it! Kirby, Metroid, Wario..all awesome.
631261.png

#89 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:20 AM

I am pretty sure Nintendo said the gba games will not be released to non ambassadors since they have no plans to bring any gba game to vc on 3ds and the ones for ambassadors are not perfect emulation like the gbc and gb games already on vc. But you do have hope that the nes games may eventually make it to the other players at a price.

#90 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:20 AM

...and these free "exclusive" games don't? There are several people just in this thread saying that nintendo doesn't want their money.

The key word is "more" and no, I don't think these free games cost them more.